Hisense H55U7AUK 4K TV Review & Comments

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, good detail. The conclusion is a bit depressing for someone at the budget end of things, in that even though this is recommended, if you want HDR done properly then you need a bigger budget.

Oh and spotted a typo - you've put "bare in mind".

Thanks for the review. Would it possible to share the settings you used for this TV after calibration?

Thanks for the review. Would it possible to share the settings you used for this TV after calibration?
Sorry the TV has gone back and I didn't make a note of the settings.

It looks like a solid television for the money and I'm sure that most people - ie, non-AVForum members - would be quite happy with it! :)

But pedant alert - speaking of most people, the conclusion of the review states: "By that we mean that TVs in this area of the market have to be work horses with SD and HD material as 99.9% of people buying these sets are watching just that. The 1% who want more are likely those who will have to make the compromise if the budget dictates that this is the price point open to them."

Er, should that not be either 99.9% and 0.1% or 99% and 1%?

@Phil Hinton Your post #9 - it's not often that you make me laugh out loud, Mr Hinton! Let's hope that Mr Withers - I don't know him nearly well enough to risk addressing him as Withers! - will see the joke ......

Holy smokes that is dim HDR, even for budget standards! Just so happens I have Halo MCC on, and I thought as I live on the edge n all that, I'd lower the HDR slider from 1000nits to 250.......OMG words cannot describe :eek:

not sure but my TV when watching cartoons like simpsons or rick and morty, soon as there's slightly fast mobing (waving arms) the picture around those ares block out and blur or stutter.

not sure if it's cos im on sport mode or whatever haha.

Any advise?

using sky q 2TB UHD box.

not sure but my TV when watching cartoons like simpsons or rick and morty, soon as there's slightly fast mobing (waving arms) the picture around those ares block out and blur or stutter.

not sure if it's cos im on sport mode or whatever haha.

Any advise?

using sky q 2TB UHD box.

This normally occurs if you have any if the 'motion' settings on.

Try leaving them off and see if that changes anything

Holy smokes that is dim HDR, even for budget standards! Just so happens I have Halo MCC on, and I thought as I live on the edge n all that, I'd lower the HDR slider from 1000nits to 250.......OMG words cannot describe :eek:
Sorry guys, i'm not a native english speaker. what does he means with the above? good thing? bad thing?
Thanks

Sorry guys, i'm not a native english speaker. what does he means with the above? good thing? bad thing?
Thanks
Bad thing. Dim HDR.

Just got this tv and so far very impressed! Is the Amazon Prime video app 4K as I can not get this to work, only 1080p?
Any ideas?

Just got this tv and so far very impressed! Is the Amazon Prime video app 4K as I can not get this to work, only 1080p?
Any ideas?

This review says all the apps offer 4k:-

So make sure you are running the 4K version of the content, Amazon doesn't make easy to find the 4K version though.

Thanks,

I will have another look I just though the Grand tour was 4K didn’t think you would have to find 4K version.

Thanks,

I will have another look I just though the Grand tour was 4K didn’t think you would have to find 4K version.

I just came on to ask the exact same question about Amazon Prime 4K. Did you manage to sort it mate? Only just got the TV so hope 4K Prime is possible.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE hi have you noticed any marks on the bezel of yours? Got mine Friday from JL and unwrapped it and was scratched.

I just came on to ask the exact same question about Amazon Prime 4K. Did you manage to sort it mate? Only just got the TV so hope 4K Prime is possible.

No to be honest, Sky Q is great and YouTube 4K and the iplayer HLG demo is amazing.
I have found 4K content on amazon but seems to only play in 1080P.

Not noticed any scratches mate, although not looked closely. All the edges had protective film on anyway so not sure how it could get scratched.
Okay thanks for your reply. That what I fought was off as it did have the film on it when I saw it I fought it was something got stuck. This is mine below a few of them couldn't focus the camera that well lol

Attachments

• IMG_20180928_112730.jpg
    IMG_20180928_112730.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 369

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom