Hisense H65NU8700 4K LED TV Review & Discussion

Was looking forward to the review as in the market for a 65" tv . Looks as though it's overpriced and with fewer input/outputs . I wouldn't pay £1600 for this pos . With the price of oled dropping . I may look at investing in a 55" , after all size isn't everything .

Lets hope the new sample is different. This would have been a cracking buy at KS7000 prices or cheaper from last year.

I bought a bargain 49" KS7000 last year. It got movied to the TV room after the older 60" gave up the ghost so I was looking at the Hisense to replace it.

I'm also hoping it's just an issue with the particular set and a 2nd review will show it in a better light.

Apparently the sample that I reviewed was running old software that limited the peak brightness, so Hisense are sending another 65" sample with the correct firmware next week for me to re-test.

Apparently the sample that I reviewed was running old software that limited the peak brightness, so Hisense are sending another 65" sample with the correct firmware next week for me to re-test.

Look forward to reading that . Just wish they would have some on general view in retailers . The money they want for these tv's are on par with major companies , so they really need to display some . Like most people I prefer to actually view a product side by side with other manufacturers.

Look forward to reading that . Just wish they would have some on general view in retailers . The money they want for these tv's are on par with major companies , so they really need to display some . Like most people I prefer to actually view a product side by side with other manufacturers.
Are they not on display in John Lewis?

No idea Steve . I don't really shop in JL .. Only places I buy Tv's are Richersounds and Currys/pcworld

Even so . it's quite a price for something that other makers have better specs . To be honest £1600 is a 55 oled price . Max I would pay would be £1k

John lewis dont display any Hisense models in store, I had been trying to view the FALD 70" that they sell online, guess samsung/LG etc are paying more for the shelf space

That is another manufacturer that doesn't want my money .. So far that's Sony and Hisense .. Well it's narrowing down my search.... Well i have had LG for 17 years with no problems . Looks like I will be staying with a proven Company and excellent customer support

took the chance on this tv and must say so far i am really impressed only dissapointing is 1 slight line of banding on watching football apart from that colour accuracy is really really good, tv software is noticeably snappier over previous generations one question i do have @
took the chance on this tv and must say so far i am really impressed only dissapointing part so far is 1 slight line of banding on watching football apart from that colour accuracy is really really good, tv software is noticeably snappier over previous generations one question i do have is does anyone have any idea what size of mounting screws to use for this tv to put it on a wall bracket thanks

took the chance on this tv and must say so far i am really impressed only dissapointing is 1 slight line of banding on watching football apart from that colour accuracy is really really good, tv software is noticeably snappier over previous generations one question i do have @

took the chance on this tv and must say so far i am really impressed only dissapointing part so far is 1 slight line of banding on watching football apart from that colour accuracy is really really good, tv software is noticeably snappier over previous generations one question i do have is does anyone have any idea what size of mounting screws to use for this tv to put it on a wall bracket thanks

M6 x 10mm

@Steve Withers just letting you know this model has received a new software update taking it to version I0102 which has also added hdr hlg incase you wanted to update your review with any changes you may also find regarding the hdr performance

here is the picture showing what is included in the update

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-02-26 at 09.19.08.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-26 at 09.19.08.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 243
@Steve Withers just letting you know this model has received a new software update taking it to version I0102 which has also added hdr hlg incase you wanted to update your review with any changes you may also find regarding the hdr performance

Daryl, when you get a chance can you let us know if there is any improvement in the HDR performance in your view?

And this TV potentially goes back to the top of the list if they've sorted the HDR out.

Fingers crossed.

Daryl, when you get a chance can you let us know if there is any improvement in the HDR performance in your view?
i just watched altered carbon in hdr tonight using steves settings and at the beginning i found things looked a bit off it was an under water scene but i allowed it to go on into it and a scene in particular where they land in a space shuttle at a house and there is really bright coloured hedges and trees and i must say it looked awesome the colours and lighting all popped as it should do and looked really nice i must say, i dnt have the gadgets or equipment to see if the peak brightness has been increased any further with the update hopefully steve can shed some light on that if he ever gets a chance to look over the tv again

Thought I'd put few pics up, not sure how they'll turn out.
They're from a Samsung s8 camera, brightly lit room, sunshine outside, and are of amazon 4k...
20180227_092458.jpg
20180227_092456.jpg
20180227_092951.jpg
20180227_093146.jpg

Steve, thank you very much for the review.

One adjustment: TV has a digital optical audio output. This is in the specifications, it can be seen on your photo: the connector next to the antenna inputs. (in the review it is written that it is absent)

In terms of the difference with the N6800. I see that this model has a premium design of 360 degrees, so it costs more. Technically, the models are similar, but with an emotional choice, the presence / absence of 1-2 connectors does not change the picture.

But on this forum the lovers of exact numbers and characteristics gathered, so they can not accept this price challenge. IMHO :)

I want to buy a new TV and really confused, which one of these is better, Hisense 8700 or Samsung SUHD KS8500? I really like LG Olead B7 TV but still worry about the burn-in issue. any help please.

I want to buy a new TV and really confused, which one of these is better, Hisense 8700 or Samsung SUHD KS8500? I really like LG Olead B7 TV but still worry about the burn-in issue. any help please.
all supports are highly appreciated

Hello all :)

I have this tv in his 55" Europeen version. In 2019 January, a new firmware has been deployed.

This new firmware is V0000.01.00a.H0619. My tv was delivered with this firmware version. No update needed.

Someone knows if this firmware has updated hdr nits capacity of this tv?

The review has 640 nits with the last firmware that hisense sends us but with this new firmware? Better or same thing?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom