Hisense LTDN**K700XWTSEU3D Owners Thread

Random question time. Has anyone please got an Amazon 4k Fire Stick plugged into the back of the TV. Just want to check it fits when you have the TV wall mounted as on one of my other Hisense's it won't fit. Cheers.

Random question time. Has anyone please got an Amazon 4k Fire Stick plugged into the back of the TV. Just want to check it fits when you have the TV wall mounted as on one of my other Hisense's it won't fit. Cheers.
On my 58K700 fire stick 4K doesn´t fit inside the connections hole, I mean plugged in the back hdmi connectors not on the side one. Fire stick 4K is longer than regular fire stick, the last one fits perfectly.

On my 58K700 fire stick 4K doesn´t fit inside the connections hole, I mean plugged in the back hdmi connectors not on the side one. Fire stick 4K is longer than regular fire stick, the last one fits perfectly.
Thank you for that.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​
Hello pal. So does the 4k stick fit in the side connection do you know please, or any of the Fire Sticks for that matter?

Last edited:
Hello pal. So does the 4k stick fit in the side connection do you know please, or any of the Fire Sticks for that matter?
I think he is talking about if you have the TV wall mounted. The Fire Sticks will fit the HDMI rear or side but the 4K is slightly longer and so unless you have 100mm clearance at the back it'll be a problem.

I think he is talking about if you have the TV wall mounted. The Fire Sticks will fit the HDMI rear or side but the 4K is slightly longer and so unless you have 100mm clearance at the back it'll be a problem.
Thank you. That is why I'm wanting to check as I have my TV wall mounted so would be looking to put it in the side port, which itself is quite compact as it's enclosed.

I don't have a Fire Stick myself to check, and would like to check before I buy.

Thank you. That is why I'm wanting to check as I have my TV wall mounted so would be looking to put it in the side port, which itself is quite compact as it's enclosed.

I don't have a Fire Stick myself to check, and would like to check before I buy.
The 4k Firestick does come with a short HDMI extender, may add some flexibility to its positioning, depending on how much space you have.

Does anybody get audio lag through hdmi sources? Especially the 4k ones. If so, is there a fix for it?

Amazon Prime Video seems to be the worst offender. It has terrible av sync issues, around +200ms. Virgin Media Tivo's also have sync issues, around +100ms. Netflix is ok, but this might depend on the source. I use my Nvidia Shield ATV (1st Gen) for all my streaming now and have to manually change the av sync each time I watch anything on Amazon.

Most devices I use through hdmi 2.0 I'm changing lag to - 450 atleast 😔 but some devices I can't change it. Also I used to headphone socket just once and now speakers stopped working as if to say there's something still in socket. Cause they work when I change it to sound through speaker and headphones, but quality not same

Most devices I use through hdmi 2.0 I'm changing lag to - 450 atleast 😔 but some devices I can't change it. Also I used to headphone socket just once and now speakers stopped working as if to say there's something still in socket. Cause they work when I change it to sound through speaker and headphones, but quality not same

Are you using the inbuilt speakers or a seperate amplifier and speakers?

Ok just tested using HDR from the shield
Start in standard switches to HDR when movie starts end movie goes back to standard [emoji16]

Start in cinema switches to HDR , end movie goes back to cinema [emoji16][emoji16]

Same thing happens with Netflix on the TV

Basically wherever it is set before HDR it will go back there [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
Hi mate, sorry to bring up an old post. I have been lurking around for a long time and thanks to this thread i have hdr on my old 65k hisense. I have been getting this ota prompt for 1229 and have been ignoring it.

Just wanted to ask if it still indeed switches to hdr on and off automatically on nvidia shield while using netflix etc? It doesn't happen on h121. Thanks

My shield stays in HDR once viewing ends in Netflix or Amazon. But once I exit back to the menu, it returns to standard. It switches on and off automatically in Kodi though. H1229.

My shield stays in HDR once viewing ends in Netflix or Amazon. But once I exit back to the menu, it returns to standard. It switches on and off automatically in Kodi though. H1229.
Ah yeah that's what happens with mine too i thought maybe i needed to tweak some settings. For this reason i installed the netflix addon in kodi because of the flawless switching. One more thing that do you notice that some of the shows on NF are so dark even if you're in hdr mode? Iron fist for example.

Ah yeah that's what happens with mine too i thought maybe i needed to tweak some settings. For this reason i installed the netflix addon in kodi because of the flawless switching. One more thing that do you notice that some of the shows on NF are so dark even if you're in hdr mode? Iron fist for example.

I haven't noticed that, I have to say. But it sounds more like a Netflix issue than the telly or shield. And I wasn't aware there is a netflix addon for kodi. I shall be investigating this further. Does it pass through dd5.1 audio ok?

You'll find all of the Marvell shows look dark on Netflix especially daredevil , also quite grainy but it's just how they are made , I posted some HDR settings a while back give them a try , but note yours down first incase you want to go back .

I'd definitely try firmware 1229 if I were you I think the HDR was improved a little

I haven't noticed that, I have to say. But it sounds more like a Netflix issue than the telly or shield. And I wasn't aware there is a netflix addon for kodi. I shall be investigating this further. Does it pass through dd5.1 audio ok?
I think it does pass 5.1 ok, I tried it a while ago but couldn't get 4k stuff working so gave up , probably my fault , there's a lot of talk about it in the shield thread

Hi mate, yes it does. I like the fact that all my media is in one place but i do wish that shield's native netflix app worked better. I tried the same show on my xbox one s netflix and its not dark at all with the same picture settings etc and the xbox does the rate switching way better than shield's app.

You'll find all of the Marvell shows look dark on Netflix especially daredevil , also quite grainy but it's just how they are made , I posted some HDR settings a while back give them a try , but note yours down first incase you want to go back .

I'd definitely try firmware 1229 if I were you I think the HDR was improved a little
Tried the same shows on xbox one s netflix app with the same picture settings and the quality is miles better, you can actually see faces and colours. Netflix through kodi on shield doesn't have that issue either as it plays in full hdr and also toggles hdr flag on tv's little notification icon which netflix app never does for me.

Edit: Already tried 1229 i had the dreaded sound issues so went right back.

Tried the same shows on xbox one s netflix app with the same picture settings and the quality is miles better, you can actually see faces and colours. Netflix through kodi on shield doesn't have that issue either as it plays in full hdr and also toggles hdr flag on tv's little notification icon which netflix app never does for me.

Edit: Already tried 1229 i had the dreaded sound issues so went right back.

I tried installing the Netflix addon and it works. I have to say I prefer the kodi menu style, rather than the native app style. But I have to access it through settings/add-ons/my add-ons/all/ and select it from the list. It isn't added in the addons menu. What do I have to do to get it to show in there? I'm also getting atmos sound via the addon, which I don't get with the native shield app. Is this a kodi decoder bug or is the audio really atmos encoded?

I tried installing the Netflix addon and it works. I have to say I prefer the kodi menu style, rather than the native app style. But I have to access it through settings/add-ons/my add-ons/all/ and select it from the list. It isn't added in the addons menu. What do I have to do to get it to show in there? I'm also getting atmos sound via the addon, which I don't get with the native shield app. Is this a kodi decoder bug or is the audio really atmos encoded?
I use Estuary mod skin which gives me the options of adding NF addon to home screens left hand pane. I then have NF's menu showing up as widgets on the right hand side when NF is highlighted. This way menus are only one click away. I am not too sure about atmos as i don't currently have a HT or sound bar or anything.

I use Estuary mod skin which gives me the options of adding NF addon to home screens left hand pane. I then have NF's menu showing up as widgets on the right hand side when NF is highlighted. This way menus are only one click away. I am not too sure about atmos as i don't currently have a HT or sound bar or anything.

Just one issue with Netflix addon. No HDR. When I use the native app through kodi I get HDR ok, but not with the addon. Unless its a different addon of course.

Just one issue with Netflix addon. No HDR. When I use the native app through kodi I get HDR ok, but not with the addon. Unless its a different addon of course.
Make sure to set kodi's resolution to 1080p and have the refresh rate switching on and whitelist every 4k resolution from settings. Once you do that kodi will automatically switch hdr on and off. Also make sure you have hdr profiles to on in NF add-on settings.

Make sure to set kodi's resolution to 1080p and have the refresh rate switching on and whitelist every 4k resolution from settings. Once you do that kodi will automatically switch hdr on and off. Also make sure you have hdr profiles to on in NF add-on settings.

Its playing 4K HDR rips ok, just not Netflix.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom