Hisense Netflix App NOT 4k through the tv ??

whiteswan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a Hisense 65B7100 4k Tv. K0420 Firmware (I updated to 0424 firmware and it still does this). Netflix with a 4K Subscription.

If I open NETFLIX via the shortcut key on the tv remote control - I can see that certain titles are labelled "4K" - The Woods for example......they open and play fine but the picture is NOT 4k - indeed if I press Menu / Settings / Support / System Info this gives data on the current source displayed and it confirms that it is 1080p - it NEVER gets to 4k resolution - even if left for 10 mins - I have tried both wired and wireless - makes no difference - broadband is 350 meg dl and 35 meg upload and always get max speed in tests etc.

I also have a Beefy PC Connected to the tv via HDMI - doing the same test as above clearly shows 4k resolution on 4k media files/games.

And my ROKU ULTRA - again connected via HDMI displays the exact same programmes labelled 4k on Netflix as 4k - Picture is vastly superior than using the built in app.

So what is going wrong ?

I would have thought that using the built in app would always give the best possible picture - so what is happening ?

The built in Youtube app displays 4k just fine.

Can somebody else pls try the above and see what resolution image you are getting from the built in app.

Dave

Last edited:
Can somebody else please try this for me and see if you can get 4k from the built in Netflix App using the menu key presses in first post whilst it is playing :)

Having exactly the same issue. 4K works great on everything apart from the inbuilt Netflix app.

Having exactly the same issue. 4K works great on everything apart from the inbuilt Netflix app.

Wow I was honestly thinking I had a "rogue" set . Is yours the same model number ?

Thank you for confirming it is not just me - I know Netflix have "reduced their bitrate" - but I still get 4k on the Roku Ultra through the set.

Dave

Wow I was honestly thinking I had a "rogue" set . Is yours the same model number ?

Thank you for confirming it is not just me - I know Netflix have "reduced their bitrate" - but I still get 4k on the Roku Ultra through the set.

Dave

I have the 65B7500. Yeah don't think it's due to the Netflix reducing bandwidth as getting 4K on other devices playing Netflix via this TV. Presume its a Hisense / Netflix software issue?

So is this a problem on ALL Hisense tv's - do none of them give 4k through the built in app ?

If you check the menu support --> system info -->source info when its been playing a 4k title like Godzilla for a few minutes what does it show? Mine gets up to 1080p on the built-in Netflix app but 4k when playing via my PS4 Pro. Also strangely it says 1080p @ '0Hz'. Just been speaking to Netflix and they say this might be the issue (the fact its saying 0Hz) but that Hisense will have to fix this.

Mine shows and plays in 4k on 4k titles. Not sure about using your method of checking but if I simply press the info button while playing then I get info pop up in the top left corner. Shows elapsed time and title total time along with bandwidth/resolution.

Currently watching The Magnetic
Shows the elapsed and total times.
7.62Mbps/2160

What OS is your TV? Does the method you use show actual in app details or is it for external hdmi sources?

Mine shows and plays in 4k on 4k titles. Not sure about using your method of checking but if I simply press the info button while playing then I get info pop up in the top left corner. Shows elapsed time and title total time along with bandwidth/resolution.

Currently watching The Magnetic
Shows the elapsed and total times.
7.62Mbps/2160

What OS is your TV? Does the method you use show actual in app details or is it for external hdmi sources?

On the Hisense 65B7500 there is no 'i' or 'info' button on the remote so I'm having to use the Hisense source info, not the Netflix app info as you say - I can't see how you would bring that up with this remote? Running K0409 Firmware. I believe the OS is VIDAA U 3.0.

Last edited:
No idea I'm afraid. I have a much older M3000.

No idea I'm afraid. I have a much older M3000.

I think the issue is with this specific range B7000's, seems to be some other reports regarding this. Spoken to Netflix and they said Source Info shouldn't be showing '0Hz' and that's an issue with how the TV is 'accepting the signal from the Netflix application' .

Yeah - no info button on my set - I have to go through the menus to get to "source info" to see the info for the displayed source - I have emailed Hisense about this as it's really important.

Dave

That's fine. I was simply responding to Whiteswans question asking if it was a problem on all Hisense TVs. Short answer is no.
I would be surprised though that 0Hz should be considered as any issue at all with regards to an internally displayed app data stream. That's not really how it works. It's only applicable for an electrical external device via HDMI.

Could it be Netflix reducing stream quality to satisfy demand during the pandemic?

Could it be Netflix reducing stream quality to satisfy demand during the pandemic?

It runs at 4K on my PS4 Pro. On Source Info its showing at 0Hz so I think there is something wrong with how it's being passed through to the TV. Not sure if it's a Netflix app (on Hisense) issue or with how the OS is the interpretation of the signal from the app. Netflix themselves have said they will look at it if more people contact them about it.

I thought this - but then why does it display in 4k through the Roku Ultra ? Unless they are "prioritising" streams to certain devices/apps - which I can't see to be honest.

I thought this - but then why does it display in 4k through the Roku Ultra ? Unless they are "prioritising" streams to certain devices/apps - which I can't see to be honest.

Well, maybe they are just restoring the quality in stages or they didnt even block some platforms due to less users?

So I spoke to Netflix support today who said that it should be running in 4K. They were more alarmed by the fact it states 1080p @ 0Hz, the 0Hz suggesting there is something going wrong the Hisense OS or Netflix app level.

On the Hisense 65B7500 there is no 'i' or 'info' button on the remote so I'm having to use the Hisense source info, not the Netflix app info as you say - I can't see how you would bring that up with this remote? Running K0409 Firmware. I believe the OS is VIDAA U 3.0.
K0409 firmware gave me sound problems it kept fading in and out on the media player. Netflix picture looked blocky on built in app.So rang hisense and new firmware being posted to me so hopefully I get it tomorrow.

K0409 firmware gave me sound problems it kept fading in and out on the media player. Netflix picture looked blocky on built in app.So rang hisense and new firmware being posted to me so hopefully I get it tomorrow.

Interesting, when you say posted to you - sending a file directly to you rather than just uploading it for all users?

Interesting, when you say posted to you - sending a file directly to you rather than just uploading it for all users?
Yup.....not uncommon for Hisense to post out a USB to users with issues. There are numerous posts going back a couple of years where they have done this. UK Hisense have never had any downloads on their site. Unlike France which they have now stopped.

I have edited the first post - I uploaded the 0424 Firmware and it doesn't fix the Netflix 4k issue.

If I go into the Hisense Input settings whilst playing a 4K video on Netflix, it displays the info for the input the TV was previously on, which was a HD satellite channel, and displays it as 1920*1080@0Hz. which switches back to 1920*1080@25Hz when I exit Netflix and go back to the satellite channel. It doesn't give me info on the Netflix stream quality. How do you access that on a Hisense TV as they don't have 'info' or 'i' buttons?

I have the H43B7500UK model. When watching 4K content the picture seems to be in 4K for me. Running V0000.01.000a.K0409 software.

Last edited:
If I go into the Hisense Input settings whilst playing a 4K video on Netflix, it displays the info for the input the TV was previously on, which was a HD satellite channel, and displays it as 1920*1080@0Hz. which switches back to 1920*1080@25Hz when I exit Netflix and go back to the satellite channel. It doesn't give me info on the Netflix stream quality. How do you access that on a Hisense TV as they don't have 'info' or 'i' buttons?

I have the H43B7500UK model. When watching 4K content the picture seems to be in 4K for me. Running V0000.01.000a.K0409 software.
I bought a hisense remote from amazon which has info button only £8 works fine

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom