Hisense U7B (H55U7BUK) 4K TV Review & Comments

Had this tv for a week and overall very impressed only issue I have is when playing 4k footage from amazon Prime on my 4k Firestick the picture is very dark and under settings says it is using HDR 10+! I thought this was only HDR 10, Anyway currently trying to get this resolved with Amazon but I feel it may be the TV setting which I cannot change. Anyone else have this issue. The native app works fine

Had this tv for a week and overall very impressed only issue I have is when playing 4k footage from amazon Prime on my 4k Firestick the picture is very dark and under settings says it is using HDR 10+! I thought this was only HDR 10, Anyway currently trying to get this resolved with Amazon but I feel it may be the TV setting which I cannot change. Anyone else have this issue. The native app works fine
Let us know what you were watching so we can test using same

I phoned Hisense customer support and they were excellent. Unfortunately they couldnt resolve my issues however, offered to repair it, but declined and it is going back to JL.
Shame your first tv of this make has been a disappointment, just the luck of the draw on whether the set is fine or not. Enjoy your new set whatever you decide on.

I have a similar issue but on another Hisense TV and with Netflix on the 4k Firestick.
Whenever playing any title on Netflix that is HDR, as soon as you enter the screen that gives the options to play/change subtitles/add to list etc the screen goes very dark and stays like that when playing the title. Switching to HDR mode makes no difference. Doesn't happen with any HDR YouTube titles.
No amount of changing settings on the firestick makes any difference.
To be honest my TV doesn't do HDR very well and tends to blow highlights and so I don't really use it and am not really bothered by it.
Problem is that there is no option in Netflix to not have HDR on those titles on the Firestick. My TV will do 4k via the app but not HDR (older Hisense model from 2016) and so have to use that. Shame as I wanted to use the firestick as a one stop shop for my streaming needs.

It does it on any 4k content on Prime on firestick one example is the new top gear title "Seamen" it plays very dark and when you go under settings on TV it says it is playing back on HDR10+ but cannot adjust it at all.

Shame your first tv of this make has been a disappointment, just the luck of the draw on whether the set is fine or not. Enjoy your new set whatever you decide on.

It is a real shame, I am very happy with the picture when its up and running. I have done 3 resets to factory settings and running most up to date firmware. Are yours all saving your settings across all sources and when you turn off and back on again? Mine isnt, far from it, just when I think it is behaving itself it all goes to pot again. Lip sync is all over the place too as is the ARC connection to my Panasonic sound bar. And there are other issues.

I have a similar issue but on another Hisense TV and with Netflix on the 4k Firestick.
Whenever playing any title on Netflix that is HDR, as soon as you enter the screen that gives the options to play/change subtitles/add to list etc the screen goes very dark and stays like that when playing the title. Switching to HDR mode makes no difference. Doesn't happen with any HDR YouTube titles.
No amount of changing settings on the firestick makes any difference.
To be honest my TV doesn't do HDR very well and tends to blow highlights and so I don't really use it and am not really bothered by it.
Problem is that there is no option in Netflix to not have HDR on those titles on the Firestick. My TV will do 4k via the app but not HDR (older Hisense model from 2016) and so have to use that. Shame as I wanted to use the firestick as a one stop shop for my streaming needs.
Time to return and move on. Have you contacted JL?

I bought this tv on 23rd December when it was for £399.99 from Costco so with the £15 membership price it costed me £415 in total which isn’t bad for a 55 inch ULED.
My issues are watching cricket on it on YouTube isn’t ideal that could be because of it being in low quality so HD doesn’t play well but I never tested 4K sports that might be different. theres so much to talk about but I will talk about one thing right now as I need opinions from experts on here.
when I take it to grey screen or light colour it shows these two lines. They aren’t prominent while watching normal videos but with something having light colour background you can see them if you look hard. Is that of any concern, I can maybe ignore this but just wondering if they will get worst with time if they stay the same then maybe it’s ok. I do have 5 years warranty with it and it’s not been a month yet but I do have 90 days no fuss return warranty so just need an opinion what should I do. And if you suggest me returning it then can you guys recommend a better tele ?
Many thanks

Attachments

• 4455A6E0-1A09-4C11-A867-3D21DE911A1B.jpeg
    4455A6E0-1A09-4C11-A867-3D21DE911A1B.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 18BD5E7B-0C23-4784-BB11-FF223426582B.jpeg
    18BD5E7B-0C23-4784-BB11-FF223426582B.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 22AE373D-BB63-4E3F-AFCF-E281573CAB5C.jpeg
    22AE373D-BB63-4E3F-AFCF-E281573CAB5C.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 278
I am no expert but if it was mine I would not be happy with that, I would at least phone Hisense technical support 0333 800 2200. I found them really helpful.

I have returned mine as above but not due to picture quality. I was watching cricket on it very happily from my laptop using the Sky Go app onto the TV screen via HDMI lead.

Thanks for replying. Yes It surely gives problems with motion etc watching cricket isn’t fun on it as I watch YouTube cricket videos. This tv isn’t good with motions. I do have 90 days satisfaction period so I can return it. But do you have any suggestions which other tele should I buy. Which one you bought after returning this one ?
thanks

Thanks for replying. Yes It surely gives problems with motion etc watching cricket isn’t fun on it as I watch YouTube cricket videos. This tv isn’t good with motions. I do have 90 days satisfaction period so I can return it. But do you have any suggestions which other tele should I buy. Which one you bought after returning this one ?
thanks

I thought the motion was handled okay, I suspect it is the quality of the youtube videos. You have turned off all the motion smoothing function etc havent you, otherwise it is rubbish?? I bought the Samsung UE50RU7400. It is okay, I wouldn't say the picture quality is any better, not sure it is quite as good tbh and the design/build quality isnt as good, but the basic functionality of it is all fine. I had all sorts of glitches with the Hisense as per above, apps freezing, lip sync, ARC only working intermittently etc

Oh ok fair enough. I think they are all more or less the same then. I do like this ones build slim body etc. Sound is also good. Even expensive oleds have issues. But I think Samsung response time is very good way better then 50ms. Yes I tried turning everything off. Been playing around with all the setting. Maybe am being too fussy. It was good price after all £415 55” tele with 5 years warranty can’t get wrong. Maybe I will have to learn to live with it lol

I don’t have a Firestick. And I get HDR on both prime and Netflix with tv built in apps

For information purposes having spoken to Hisense this morning there is a software update scheduled to rectify Freeview Play issues,just incase anyone is having this issue.

Can I see short video or photos of DSE / uniformity issues on U7B to compare with what I got my new Toshiba 55" U7950? Grabbed this sweeet one for $750, love it but the DSE/Uniformity in bright grey areas is a minus I can tell.

Funny though, it has Hisense all over it's configuration settings, it's a Hisense made under Toshiba's branding.

When I been picking between this and U7B, picture quality and brightness at store was pretty much same, but this one was actually around $30 more expensive and came Android flexibility ...so went for it.

For it's price it comes with two powerful speakers, Dolby Vision, Dolby Digital Sound Plus, HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, WCG and DBX.

Panel is direct led, 60Hz, VA.
Toshiba's Cevo 4K HDR image processing unit.

Besides the banding which isn't much of visible in real world daily use, maybe just light Grey's and sky ... You also have one more disadvantage, Android OS only has 1.3GB of ram, so some applications that aren't very well optimized such as Amazon video Prime would feel stuttery while trying to watch and use TV menus at the same time.

One more issue which being checked by Toshiba firmware team as we speak is color reproduction / gradient smoothness issue, I attached one photo of this issue, here:
IMG_20200216_113611.jpg

Phil, if you want review this new model, here the link:
IMG_20200215_231257.jpg
IMG_20200215_203039__01.jpg
IMG_20200212_182956.jpg
IMG_20200211_170939.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom