Hisense U7QF 4K TV Review & Comments

I just bought the 65" version of this tv for £850 (after cashback) from Costco as it seemed a good deal. I’m a little concerned about the viewing angle as we sit at just over 30 degrees from the screen (in a dark room for mixed HD content). Should I perhaps reconsider my purchase (it hasn’t been delivered yet) and look for something different given my context? I want something at 60-65" and under £1k which rules out OLED it seems (55" is a shade too small).

Perhaps you should use some of that vast wealth of yours and buy a decent car.

That's an old Avatar photo....7 years old...mate perhaps l should have changed it...Sorry...l now drive a factory ordered fully optioned Audi S3 Saloon in a exclusive paint Porsche Voodoo Blue....a one off....Google it.. besides Samsung only have a phone plant in China...............Difficult to avoid China products these l know but....save yer money and buy something from Korea...well worth it

That's an old Avatar photo....7 years old...mate perhaps l should have changed it...Sorry...l now drive a factory ordered fully optioned Audi S3 Saloon in a exclusive paint Porsche Voodoo Blue....a one off....Google it.. besides Samsung only have a phone plant in China...............Difficult to avoid China products these l know but....save yer money and buy something from Korea...well worth it

Overpriced Skoda Octavia, nice.

Anyhoo, major manufacturers source their panels from outside vendors, Samsung is due to stop making LCDs altogether very soon. Guess where the outside vendors are based.

You not only know nothing of what you speak, you’re a being dick about it.

Yeah, I'm sure if had an audi I'd have kept an old Ford as my pic....

I've had the last 2 months worse experience buying and sending back 6 LG tvs made up of multiple 55UM7510PLA and SM8050PLA all with terrible night viewing on its contrast, HDR, local edge dimming or terrible light bleed.

I recently swapped the only set I did like (Hisense U7B) for this new HIsense 55"U7Q with price matches, discount vouchers and cashback totaling my expense around £350.

My question is, how bad is the film Judder in particular and other bad points to the average tv viewer like me who only really watches films at night?
Every review talks about the Judder and "What Hi-Fi" crushed it with a 3* Review.
Bear in mind I previously only had a 50" hitachi from argos before then before that a 32"HD tv.
I'm not a major tv person but love watching films and documentaries in my come down evening/night time in dark and playing console sometimes.
Will the H7Q have many noticible Judder? Annoying me as I watch films or is this just to the stress tested reviewers looking for it?
Would I get a better tv at £350 as I did get it a steal price or would I find a better tv at around £600-£700 if so what model and would it be worth it?

Also can a firmware update from Hisense fix a judder issue or is it hardware related?

Last edited:
I had bought a 55u7q earlier this month on the same cash back promotion. I used it for a week and had it returned. I can’t justify paying 699 which is the current price for a poor unit, it has a very bad motion handling for fast action content even on SDR format. Also the remote kept on loosing bluetooth link when voice control was enabled. Needs to keep removing the battery to make the whole thing work everytime. Also it drops the signal on the soundbar frequently and have to unplug and plug in again for it work again. It’s overall a bad Tv with a lot of new marketing gimmick. This is my experience but could be different for others.

I had bought a 55u7q earlier this month on the same cash back promotion. I used it for a week and had it returned. I can’t justify paying 699 which is the current price for a poor unit, it has a very bad motion handling for fast action content even on SDR format. Also the remote kept on loosing bluetooth link when voice control was enabled. Needs to keep removing the battery to make the whole thing work everytime. Also it drops the signal on the soundbar frequently and have to unplug and plug in again for it work again. It’s overall a bad Tv with a lot of new marketing gimmick. This is my experience but could be different for others.
What tv you went for instead?

No one asked or cares. Your expensive TV will also be made in China, enjoy.

OK I understand why you replied in the way you did but on a serious note suddenly people do care, somewhat late but it has happened.

Avoiding politics in all this, just on a basis of manufacturing business sense, it is insane having such a huge chuck of manufacturing just in one country.

OK I understand why you replied in the way you did but on a serious note suddenly people do care, somewhat late but it has happened.

Avoiding politics in all this, just on a basis of manufacturing business sense, it is insane having such a huge chuck of manufacturing just in one country.

There’s a billion people in China willing to work for peanuts and in terrible conditions, of course that’s where manufacturing will go.

It doesn’t inherently mean that anything made there will be inferior. As the car manufacturers (like Audi) are finding, it makes sense to manufacture quality consumer goods in China, as it has an enormous expanding middle class hungry for TVs, laptops, phones etc.

There’s a billion people in China willing to work for peanuts and in terrible conditions, of course that’s where manufacturing will go.

It doesn’t inherently mean that anything made there will be inferior. As the car manufacturers (like Audi) are finding, it makes sense to manufacture quality consumer goods in China, as it has an enormous expanding middle class hungry for TVs, laptops, phones etc.

I assume you don't have much dealing with manufacture in China.
1) They are not on peanuts - they are not a third world country. This is a total myth.
2) Terrible conditions - generally not true. Especially when you get out of the back street manufacturing which TV's are not back street.
3) Who said anything about inferior quality???
4) Government incentives are a large part of why companies go there to manufacture.

If you put all your eggs in one basket sooner or later that basket will break. This is the real argument here and boy if companies weren't before thinking/doing something about it they sure are now.

For Europe manufacturing in Tunisia, Turkey are real alternatives but quite literally there are options all over the world which can give a wider security to your business and also help to reduce carbon footprint with less miles travelled for the goods.

This is about diversity in your manufacture base to better deal with problems that naturally happen in the world in different regions at different times.

I assume you don't have much dealing with manufacture in China.
1) They are not on peanuts - they are not a third world country. This is a total myth.
2) Terrible conditions - generally not true. Especially when you get out of the back street manufacturing which TV's are not back street.
3) Who said anything about inferior quality???
4) Government incentives are a large part of why companies go there to manufacture.

If you put all your eggs in one basket sooner or later that basket will break. This is the real argument here and boy if companies weren't before thinking/doing something about it they sure are now.

For Europe manufacturing in Tunisia, Turkey are real alternatives but quite literally there are options all over the world which can give a wider security to your business and also help to reduce carbon footprint with less miles travelled for the goods.

This is about diversity in your manufacture base to better deal with problems that naturally happen in the world in different regions at different times.

1) Not peanuts, but clearly cheaper due to scale and reduced labour cost.

2) Conditions are improving but not great, Foxconn had to install suicide nets at its iPhone factory as so many of its workers were leaping off the roof.

3) This was for the eejit earlier in the thread implying a Chinese made TV would automatically be worse than a Korean made one.

4) Government incentives indeed, but also access to the fastest growing consumer market. Same reason Japanese built factories in US and Europe in the 70s/80s. Cosy up to the government by bringing jobs, and avoid tariffs & exchange rate issues.

Totally agree with what you say about spreading manufacturing around to prevent total shutdowns. We’ve seen the global supply of facemasks dry up as they were all made in Wuhan!

The motion handling seemed to have improved and disappeared on mine touch wood only has issues on broadcast but this could be down to incoming signal also.

Did you have any light bleed or blooming issues?

I have had it for over a month now, JL offered me 699 after my Nu8700 developed a screen fault after only 2yrs. Just paid the difference for the 55U7QF. In terms of motion handling and judder, not as apparent as on my previous 55nu8700.
It's there, don't get me wrong, but for the price of the unit... I was expecting it not to be.
4K and HDR look fantastic. Bit of blooming in the extremely dark scenes - for example on Stranger Things, where Eleven is in the black water... But my ambient lighting behind the TV minimises it if I'm honest and it doesn't draw your eyes.
It's snappy, it's quick, I've had no issues with the remote and the TV itself, looks lovely.
Happy with mine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom