Hisense U7QF 4K TV Review & Comments

I have had it for over a month now, JL offered me 699 after my Nu8700 developed a screen fault after only 2yrs. Just paid the difference for the 55U7QF. In terms of motion handling and judder, not as apparent as on my previous 55nu8700.
It's there, don't get me wrong, but for the price of the unit... I was expecting it not to be.
4K and HDR look fantastic. Bit of blooming in the extremely dark scenes - for example on Stranger Things, where Eleven is in the black water... But my ambient lighting behind the TV minimises it if I'm honest and it doesn't draw your eyes.
It's snappy, it's quick, I've had no issues with the remote and the TV itself, looks lovely.
Happy with mine.
I see blooming on a YouTube test in large sections lighting up at bottom of screen for a small moving square. Not sure if that's normal within an unfair black screen test or shouldn't be that bad, as its not noticible during actual tv images.

I see alot about this ambient lighting, what does it do? Is it worth it and how do i set it up in the back of tv?

Overpriced Skoda Octavia, nice.

Anyhoo, major manufacturers source their panels from outside vendors, Samsung is due to stop making LCDs altogether very soon. Guess where the outside vendors are based.

You not only know nothing of what you speak, you’re a being dick about it.

lol "Anyhow" You stick to what think YOU is a great TV and most of all what's within your budget..ergo

Yeah, I'm sure if had an audi I'd have kept an old Ford as my pic....
[/QUO
You have the mentality of someone who'd buy such a tv as this Hisense ....so no point in me retaliating Enjoy

lol "Anyhow" You stick to what think YOU is a great TV and most of all what's within your budget..ergo

I’ll buy what I want, based on an informed decision about what I actually want/need. The whole point of this thread is to discuss the pros/cons of something in a reasonable & informed way. You weighing in with “this is a joke TV only a poor person would buy LOL” is neither constructive or insightful.

I won’t just buy something expensive to prove how much money I have, because that’s something only a prick would do.

Having now played about with my U8QF am very happy. SD is okay obviously this is very dependant on the quality of the original. HD is very good and the 4k is stunning, well I would hope it would be never having experienced it before. One point of note which is mentioned in this review of the U7QF is the viewing angle. Stated anything over 20 deg off axis results in noticeable degredation well I must say I have not noticed it that bad. I can sit 45 deg off axis and find the picture satisfactory, certainly watcheable without a doubt.

Made in China....enough....
Some parts in it are made in China, as is common in the last few decades, but they’re assembled at Hisense’s European factory where they are a major employer.

The West and Japan and now South Korea gave away the last of their electronics industries to China in the 2000s - the world’s factory because they did it better and cheaper than everyone else.
Just because you don’t like a country’s politics (I assume), doesn’t mean every company and thing that comes from that country is bad. Many are honourable decent people and corporations just trying to make a good product and run successful businesses.

Having now played about with my U8QF am very happy. SD is okay obviously this is very dependant on the quality of the original. HD is very good and the 4k is stunning, well I would hope it would be never having experienced it before. One point of note which is mentioned in this review of the U7QF is the viewing angle. Stated anything over 20 deg off axis results in noticeable degredation well I must say I have not noticed it that bad. I can sit 45 deg off axis and find the picture satisfactory, certainly watcheable without a doubt.
Having just watched a Perry Mason, made 1958, I was perhaps being a bit harsh saying SD was okay.
The more I watched it the more I began to think this is not bad at all.

Having just watched a Perry Mason, made 1958, I was perhaps being a bit harsh saying SD was okay.
The more I watched it the more I began to think this is not bad at all.
Playing around with the custom ultra smooth motion and tweaking other picture settings I found can really improve the SD content.

Theres also a feature to improve viewing angle in expert picture settings but not sure how that actually improves it if it does.

does your clear motion switch have a dark flickering effect? Is that how meant to be very strange.

Also not sure if just my tv but it seems to have to warm into the motion handling, as soon as powered on its bad then after 5 minutes of operating smooths out to normal.
The new film mode also helps without the opera effect.

All the clear motion does, in my eyes, is have the same effect as going from cinema day to cinema night.
It states set it on if you want some flicker now how does that work, who would want that?
Not noticed it having to warm up re motion, something to keep an eye on. Only had it up and running a few days no doubt some other variances will surface.
Wall mounted mine but not sure how I would have reacted to the stand, a bit of a monster. One meter in width but neary 400mm in depth with the tv at the front. Passing by the side one would get a good look at all the gubbins around the back.
And finally , for now, I think they could have made the power lead a somewhat slimmer version and used a figure of 8 plug on it and not an IEC C13. At least I have a spare if my kettle lead conks out.

The motion handling seemed to have improved and disappeared on mine touch wood only has issues on broadcast but this could be down to incoming signal also.

Did you have any light bleed or blooming issues?
Well i didnt notice any light bleeding or blooming issue as I do have some kind of background lighting in room i watch tv even at night, the HDR contents did look crisp and sharp as long as it was slow moving. Maybe i had a faulty unit. Hope you enjoy your unit.

Yeah, I'm sure if had an audi I'd have kept an old Ford as my pic....
[/QUO
You have the mentality of someone who'd buy such a tv as this Hisense ....so no point in me retaliating Enjoy
Really? We’ve got a right one here haven’t we folks? Equipment as sig. In which village do you work?

Really? We’ve got a right one here haven’t we folks? Equipment as sig. In which village do you work?

Probably not far from the Hole in the ground you dwell in

Received my 55U7QF today.
Configured color and disabled all clear motion stuff, denoiser etc.
Started up Netflix and watched Stranger Things S03E08 from the beginning for a while.

The ghosting is really unpleasant. Installing an update now and will test again, but if doesnt get fixed by that i am gonna send it back.

...read this thread. Milano J is definitely an annoying 💩

EDIT:
Called Support. Apparently K0530 is the newest update and came out 6 days ago.
If that is true, their version-numbering is all over the place, because k0703 definitely sounds a lot newer, but what do i know.
Anyway, k0530 and some configuring fixed all my issues. The Netflix app seems a bit shoddy tho.

Last edited:
Received my 55U7QF today.
Configured color and disabled all clear motion stuff, denoiser etc.
Started up Netflix and watched Stranger Things S03E08 from the beginning for a while.

The ghosting is really unpleasant. Installing an update now and will test again, but if doesnt get fixed by that i am gonna send it back.

...read this thread. Milano J is definitely an annoying 💩

EDIT:
Called Support. Apparently K0530 is the newest update and came out 6 days ago.
If that is true, their version-numbering is all over the place, because k0703 definitely sounds a lot newer, but what do i know.
Anyway, k0530 and some configuring fixed all my issues. The Netflix app seems a bit shoddy tho.

I’ve been looking into upgrading my current 4K tv to this model.
I noticed whathifi gave it a bad review based on its poor motion handling? Is this still an issue? I am mainly a movie watcher but I’m no pro on the whole 4K thing but yeah, the poor motion handling puts me off.
Can anyone tell me if it’s still an issue, and if the dirty screen effect/posterization is extreme? I’m hoping most issues have been fixed with updates.
Will it be a huge upgrade from my cheap but highly rated £300 hisense 7120? It’s not a bad tv but the dirty screen effect is quite bad with dark scenes and within shadows.
Any info from owners here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I’ve been looking into upgrading my current 4K tv to this model.
I noticed whathifi gave it a bad review based on its poor motion handling? Is this still an issue? I am mainly a movie watcher but I’m no pro on the whole 4K thing but yeah, the poor motion handling puts me off.
Can anyone tell me if it’s still an issue, and if the dirty screen effect/posterization is extreme? I’m hoping most issues have been fixed with updates.
Will it be a huge upgrade from my cheap but highly rated £300 hisense 7120? It’s not a bad tv but the dirty screen effect is quite bad with dark scenes and within shadows.
Any info from owners here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I Had this TV for a week, the motion handling was really bad even for SDR content, i dont know what its called ghosting or what but it impossible to ignore the motion issue and made the watching part unpleasant. I think the issue is that it has 50or 60hz panel coupled with a bad motion processor so i dont think any updates would help resolve this issue.

I would better go for a sony or something that has better hardware.

I Had this TV for a week, the motion handling was really bad even for SDR content, i dont know what its called ghosting or what but it impossible to ignore the motion issue and made the watching part unpleasant. I think the issue is that it has 50or 60hz panel coupled with a bad motion processor so i dont think any updates would help resolve this issue.

I would better go for a sony or something that has better hardware.
Darn it, I was really hoping it had been sorted out, I’m worried about the lg, Samsung and Sony’s due to the purple smudge effect they seem to get :/
Did you return it recently? Before the update? I’m not doubting that it still has motion issues, I’m just wondering if it’s maybe been fixed since you returned one yourself.
If it is still an issue then I’ll look at a different brand, maybe an lg if the purple smudge issues have been sorted out.
Thanks

Darn it, I was really hoping it had been sorted out, I’m worried about the lg, Samsung and Sony’s due to the purple smudge effect they seem to get :/
Did you return it recently? Before the update? I’m not doubting that it still has motion issues, I’m just wondering if it’s maybe been fixed since you returned one yourself.
If it is still an issue then I’ll look at a different brand, maybe an lg if the purple smudge issues have been sorted out.
Thanks
I had the TV for a week and I returned it, I got a Sony Xg9505 instead, i thought if there is something wrong with the build no matter what upgrade or update there are for software it wont fix the underlying issue.

I cant comment on the LG as i never used one

I can buy HISENSE 55U7QF for 420EUR. Should I go for it ?
Do I have any good alternatives in this budget ?

I have just purchased this tv and so far so good.

What picture settings do you use?

Has anyone had any issues with the lip sync? What number lip sync do you keep it on?

Thanks.

I have just purchased this tv and so far so good.

What picture settings do you use?

Has anyone had any issues with the lip sync? What number lip sync do you keep it on?

Thanks.
for movies:
gamma: bt:1886
hdmi and CEC: Enhanced
picture mode. standard
brightness: 50
contrast: 70
saturation: 35
sharpness: 25
adaptive contrast off
ultra smooth motion: off
noise: off
mpeg noise: off
color temperature: standard

for gaming basically:
dynamic hdr
contrast: 75
etc etc.

So my son was watching YouTube on this television U7QFT and it froze. When I went back to terrestrial TV it lost all channels and rescan bought up some random channels never heard of.

Unplugged TV and same thing happened. Had to factory reset the TV. Annoying not sure if I want to do this all the time.

Plus when I now go to system check on the menu I have this error code. Know what it is for?

Attachments

• IMG_20200829_090432.jpg
    IMG_20200829_090432.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 498

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom