Hisense U8QF TV Review & Comments

I can't believe that someone who see this tv may put scores like contrast=7,and say not good to sport???
See your scores to other tv about contrast and think again.May be you joking or think that we are very stupid.
See scores in rtings and not make that again.Not serious.
Absolutly unusual!

What contrast you measured w and w/o local diming?And give that for other tv''s i clame up post?

I have LGC7,SAMU7000,SA QR80, HIU8QF and i can't believe your words.
And when you say that have diference H9G/U8QF...what is difrrence?
1.control zones
2.w or w/o 100 hz
3.Qled
or something else?
What else and what change it?

I can't believe that someone who see this tv may put scores like contrast=7,and say not good to sport???
See your scores to other tv about contrast and think again.May be you joking or think that we are very stupid.
Absolutly unusual!
I do believe that rtings didnt review EU version U8QF but US version H9G... And those tvs are different

I have LGC7,SAMU7000,SA QR80, HIU8QF and i can't believe your words.
And when you say that have diference H9G/U8QF...what is difrrence?
1.control zones
2.w or w/o 100 hz
3.Qled
or something else?
What else and what change it?
Us has 10bit colour unlike EU that has 8bit with FRC

Absolutly unusual!
Oh, dear. I don't mind people asking questions, but when they come along with their tin hats on it makes it difficult for me to feel like answering.

If you are trying to uncover a conspiracy with the review scores by selecting those links, you have failed miserably, as I didn't review the Sony or Samsung you linked to. It's a different reviewer, but I have the 18 years experience reviewing and calibrating these TVs for AVForums and I tend to agree with Steve's assessments and conclusions in those links, as they are based on measurements, experience and knowledge. Did you read the reviews or just look at the score? The other two you list are rtings reviews for a completely different TV. The H9G is not the same as the U8QF. This has been confirmed by Hisense UK who I have spoken to recently about this misinformation being spread on forums like ours.

All my conclusions are listed in the review and the reasons for reaching those. You don't have to agree if you don't want to. But please don't try and question my integrity and try and suggest there is a conspiracy and I'm biased against Hisense. It doesn't make sense, I'm not biased and I feedback my findings to manufacturers where I think they can improve the product.

The U8QF scored a 7/10 and won a Recommended badge, which given my findings in the review, especially about the aggressive local dimming, was fair and balanced. 7/10 is a good score, I have no idea why people are so shocked, so I have to question if they have actually read the review and understood what the issue was? Or did people just look at the scores?

It's clear looking at the further posts you have made that you disagree with my findings (having read the review of course, right?). That's fine, I have no issues with people disagreeing and feeding back constructive criticism. I think I have said this enough times in this thread now and the conversation is now starting to go around in circles.

''Oh, dear. I don't mind people asking questions, but when they come along with their tin hats on it makes it difficult for me to feel like answering. ''
hm, i ask what is contrast for 3 tv's ...
and what is diference U9G/U8QF and does diference change contrast or motion?
you know or don't know?

you give me -''they come along with their tin hats on ''
not coment my hats pls!

This is not important for anyone!
And if you see U8QF/MU7000 side by side may be not sdo sure for your words!
Measured not need!
Thank You.

So. Are we saying the u7q is better than the u8q here?

first is the same U8G,U7QF....,second U9G,U8QF is something else....sure.
And U7QF has 7 for contrast ,too...May be MU7000 is better.
May be,may be...

Last edited:
Why do you care?

You have the TV, you don't agree with the review. Fine, that's your prerogative.

Move on. You're not going to achieve anything and the review isn't going to change as some random person doesn't agree with it. Nobody on here is going to support you over a respected professional reviewer.

Putting up links to different reviewers finding on a separate model of TV doesn't really help your case.

Last edited:
''Nobody on here is going to support you over a respected professional reviewer. ''

I don't needs any likes.
rtings not professional reviewers?
And they have test methodolodgy!You see,may be.

I hope HDTVPolsca will do a review for U8QF and we'll see what is contrast and motion they measured.And compare.Еverything else is nonsense.

Тhank you,too.

I have asked R. LARSEN from flatpanels many times about the differences between European and American models and he always treats with respect. He asks the companies about the facts and answers me specifically and precisely.No matter who I am.
And he never talked about my hat.

Why do you care?

Putting up links to different reviewers finding on a separate model of TV doesn't really help your case.

Many things help .We just need to read(and think) .

When the facts speak and the gods are silent

rtings not professional reviewers?

Yes they are, and you posted links to a completely different TV they tested. This isn't an H9G thread , therefore it's irrelevant.

The US H9G is not the same TV as the European U8QF

Last edited:
65" @ Costco £870. Bargain.

They have tweaked that offer as earlier this morning they were taking £330 off that price but the TV was out of stock. Wonder if anybody got an order in before they changed it??

Yes they are, and you posted links to a completely different TV they tested. This isn't an H9G thread , therefore it's irrelevant.

The US H9G is not the same TV as the European U8QF
H9G is different.But i ask what is the changes about contrast and motion and want compare to other tv's.If you know just say it.
When i read avforums i see many diferent scores to all others.Eu HDTVPOLSKA and FLATPANELS too.
May be they see other matches.
And the end is something like:
Liverpool 8 Bradford PA 8
overtime and penalties follow
May be...but i can never see it.

These Hisense threads are insane. People are flipping out because some multi billion dollar company released a TV and it got an average review.
I'm quite fond of my Panasonic oled but I can't imagine I'd take a poor review of it so personally.

That's how we can talk for years...i interested only facts,not reflections.
Noone talk about company.May be you believe that Hisence A6200 is better than U8QF?
Then you can believe, that my Panasonic GAOO is better than your OLED.The same company.
this was my third in the Panasonic line :)
Cheers.

Not surprised, when will Hisense sort its processing out. I had the 65U9A and on paper it should have been exceptionally good for LED technology, but it was poor and it all came down to the processing and algorithm... I'd wait 6 months and get the better U7Q 65 probably for about 800 pounds by then, and that will be a bargain. Yet another slightly missed opportunity by Hisense by the sounds of it.

Can I ask what you were disappointed with in the U9A? I've got it and overall am delighted with it, although admittedly I got it for practically a third of the original price.

With 4k and standard blu rays it's stunning to my eyes, not the best in 1080i tv broadcasts, but that doesn't bother me.

gaoo Your comparisons are idiotic. You've now linked to a TV released 2 years ago for £379. The U8Q had an initial retail price of £1000. Obviously you can't make a direct comparison upon review scores alone.

What exactly is the point you are trying to make? That the avforums review is unfair or biased?
There have been three UK professional reviews of the U8Q. AVforums and these two:

All three reviews highlight the same problems with this model

Techradar - "picture drops out in very dark moments", "noticeable blooming",
"various motion problems"

Trusted reviews - "iffy motion", "some back-light bleed"

Avforums - "motion trailing behind objects", "backlight would switch off completely", "intense blooming"

Given that three different reviewers have raised the exact same issues with this set and praised the things it does well what point are you trying to make?

Do all of these reviewers have some agenda against this particular TV?

Last edited:
''Your comparisons are idiotic. ''
Thank you.

I not mean only U8QF.

When we say black levels,that mean black levels.Nothing else matters.
0,3 nits in 2018 how compaire to 0,just 0 to SA A786 in2008?
Do you want another link?
No,i can't give the link!In av forums have many,but i'm not friendly to your reviews .You give 2 links.My is wipe.
And you can say that I'm idiot.
Thank you again.

''Black Level
And now, we get down to business. With the [Smart LED] option enabled, the Samsung LE40A786 struts its stuff and, unsurprisingly, shuts off LEDs as necessary. As a result, a completely black screen measures an unbeatable (literally!) 0 cd/m2 (yes, 0: nil, none, nada).''

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom