Hive or hue lights?

Mystery Man

Established Member
Reaction score
i already have the hive system for heating and plugs so would be easy to add the bulbs however hue always seems to be he one people talk about.

I am limited for Ethernet sockets, I have a Sky a box and router so would need to unplug the wired sky q cable if I went with hue and it takes up yet another plug but is hue worth the initial small hassle over hive? Is there a clear winner between the two?

Have you thought about buying an ethernet switch? This would give you as many additional ethernet sockets as you need. I had the same problem when I had to plug in Hue, Sonos, Vera (for blinds) and a couple of other items. You can pick the switches up from around £20.

Sorry no experience of Hive, but I'm very happy with my Hue lights.

78E90A43-1D2B-45A5-9DEE-65713DCD0C1C.png
i already have the hive system for heating and plugs so would be easy to add the bulbs however hue always seems to be he one people talk about.

I am limited for Ethernet sockets, I have a Sky a box and router so would need to unplug the wired sky q cable if I went with hue and it takes up yet another plug but is hue worth the initial small hassle over hive? Is there a clear winner between the two?

What did you opt for in the end as I have the same dilemma?

Especially as the above deal is currently on the table^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom