HMV now out of administration again

The last time I went to hmv Middlesbrough and then did the rounds, poundland ×2 and also Cex, I saw the same chap in all the above mentioned shops, looking at blu ray and 4k etc. I nearly asked if he was on AVF :laugh: Bri?? Lol.

The last time I went to hmv Middlesbrough and then did the rounds, poundland ×2 and also Cex, I saw the same chap in all the above mentioned shops, looking at blu ray and 4k etc. I nearly asked if he was on AVF :laugh: Bri?? Lol.

Was he a totally stunning sexy looking bloke? That certainly could have been me. The trouble is I've never been to Middlesbrough. Other than a drive by that is.

:D
Bri

Last edited:
Some news on those loyalty points :)

HMV Loyalty

The purehmv scheme has now closed down and a new hmv loyalty scheme will be launching in the coming months.

Whilst we do not have a set date on when the new hmv scheme will launch, any customers who confirm that they would like to join the new scheme will be contacted via email as soon as we have any future updates.

Any purehmv members who confirm their interest to join our new hmv loyalty scheme by 26th July 2019 will have any active points on their old purehmv account transferred over.

We also kindly ask that you keep your purehmv card safe for the time being as you may need this for any future updates.

To confirm your interest in joining the new hmv loyalty scheme we will need you to confirm your purehmv account details. (Link above)

Last edited:
^ Online store is back up too! Pre-orders only atm but this is good news!

Home

Last edited:
Just received this email so it looks like they are restarting Pure points under a new title and they are giving back the points you had before it went into admistration. Anyone else had this before I click YES.

upload_2019-6-12_15-7-37.png

Sorry I couldn't fit all the email in.

Just received this email so it looks like they are restarting Pure points under a new title and they are giving back the points you had before it went into admistration. Anyone else had this before I click YES.

View attachment 1161582

Sorry I couldn't fit all the email in.

It's legit, go back 2 posts ;)

Other than prices on the back of the boxes, I would honestly struggle to see what the new management of HMV are doing wrong. Very impressed. Better stock in stores, good deals and honouring existing points. Well done HMV.

I'll get me coat :D

Well, that's fantastic news can't wait until everything is up and running. It's been a long wait.

Got my email (in junk) too:
uMNSFpx.png

And the dog moves too!

Just missed my pre-orders for Flight of the Navigator and In Bruges but I'll be using them soon.

Legal blurb:
Legal information relating to your personal data

On 16 January 2019, Pure HMV Loyalty Limited ('purehmv') was placed in administration. purehmv had until 28 December 2018 operated a rewards scheme (the 'Rewards Club') that you were a member of.

On 15 May 2019, the database containing the details of all members of the Rewards Club (the 'Database') was sold to Sunrise Records and Entertainment Limited ('Sunrise', ‘we’ and ‘our’) who trade as HMV and Fopp in the United Kingdom.

Under the terms of the sale of the Database to Sunrise and to comply with data protection legislation in the processing of personal data, we are obliged to inform all members of the Rewards Club (the 'Members') about the sale and transfer of the Database within one month from the date of the sale and to offer the Members the option to have their personal details either retained (and updated where necessary) or deleted from the Database. Where we delete your details, we shall do so in accordance with our retention policy.

If you do not let us know that you consent to us retaining your details pertaining to the Rewards Club by clicking on the relevant section above (or by letting us know by other means) by Friday 26th July 2019, we shall arrange to have your details deleted from the Database. This means that any accrued points from the Rewards Club will not be transferred to the new scheme and cannot be reinstated at a later date.

Sunrise are also obliged to publish our new privacy policy to all Members.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So they've just got the data by the looks of things.

They just need a decent app now to rival Amazon ...

On the on line questionaire the question was asked if your preferred an app or points card
Guess will find out once the scheme gets up and running

Got mine today too, good news at last :)

Also had a survey asking what I’d like to see, here’s hoping they honour the voucher redemption offer still

Other than prices on the back of the boxes, I would honestly struggle to see what the new management of HMV are doing wrong. Very impressed. Better stock in stores, good deals and honouring existing points. Well done HMV.

Too many places you have to look for an item. Is it under Limited Edition? Horror? A-Z? Foreign? Special Offer?

Too much floor space allocated to least selling format.

Bloody stupid shelf edge capsule reviews on shelves for films everyone has seen.

Took ages to get Pure sorted out, and the website... they aren't here yet so let's just wait and see what they end up like.

Sacrificing their 'historic' London store.

Early days, but I dare say that they'll revert a lot of this back to how it was before. Most of it is change for the sake of it.

Other than that I'm happy they are back.

The BEST thing they have done... no more spider tags!

Too many places you have to look for an item. Is it under Limited Edition? Horror? A-Z? Foreign? Special Offer?

Too much floor space allocated to least selling format.

Bloody stupid shelf edge capsule reviews on shelves for films everyone has seen.

Took ages to get Pure sorted out, and the website... they aren't here yet so let's just wait and see what they end up like.

Sacrificing their 'historic' London store.

Early days, but I dare say that they'll revert a lot of this back to how it was before. Most of it is change for the sake of it.

Other than that I'm happy they are back.

The BEST thing they have done... no more spider tags!

What's a spider tag? Is it those wire security tags?

Bri

Great news! Through-and-through! and like many others followed the procedure to access to the new scheme. :D

Got the email yesterday, manager told me to expect my points to appear again when it's all up and running. I have kept most receipts from the past few months, but he seems to think they wont be redeemable. I guess we will find out soon.

What's a spider tag? Is it those wire security tags?

Bri

Yep, they are starting to put out dummy boxes because they have realised that nobody wants to buy a set damaged by the spider tags. Which, apparently, an experienced shoplifter can get off in a couple of seconds.

Yep, they are starting to put out dummy boxes because they have realised that nobody wants to buy a set damaged by the spider tags. Which, apparently, an experienced shoplifter can get off in a couple of seconds.

Yes I hate them. Some of the staff looked at me as if I was mad when I refused to buy them if they didn't have any untagged copies.

Bri

Yes I hate them. Some of the staff looked at me as if I was mad when I refused to buy them if they didn't have any untagged copies.

Bri

Same here. But I don't care. Perhaps they can have an opinion if they are buying them for us.

It'll be people like us who have got them banished :)

there are just not enough stores left to make it relevant for most people now. sure, for those lucky enough to live near one I daresay you can see & say they are doing little wrong but for most of us how would we know? south london has just one small branch left, for example, and nothing in central london apart from a fopp.

Oh, and is the HMV PureCard page via the HMV site now down for you or is it just me?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom