HMV now out of administration again

bigry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know a few people on here use the hmv pure points just seen on Sky news they on the verge of Administration so if you got the points on your card best use them soon

I’ll be absolutely gutted if they go. Give me physical blu’s over streaming any day of the week. Got the ‘A Star is Born’ HMV exclusive steel on pre-order too. I go in this shop every week even if I don’t want anything. Just love wandering around there - it’ll be such a shame & it’ll give Amazon the monopoly...

I have pre orders paid already on PayPal, is it worth cancelling my orders ?

Do they take the money when you preorder or when they despatch?? If you've already paid and there's a chance you can get your money back I'd do it ASAP, if you don't then you'll never see your money again I shouldn't imagine if they do go into administration

That's what I've just done, emailed them to cancel and refund me otherwise it'll be an absolute ballache it they do go into administration. I've then reordered using a credit card. I usually use a card but had some extra Xmas dosh so thought it would be easier to pay it already with PayPal, lesson learned lol

Popped a thread in the steel book section as a lot of us use them for their steel books and some of the guys may go straight to that section without seeing this.

That’s terrible; think of all the people they employ.

I’m quite surprised as every branch I go into, in London or elsewhere, is busy. The Bond Street branch was heaving in December. They’ve always got very helpful staff too.

Very sad, hmv was the only reason for me to go into town. Let's hope something can be salvaged.

This is going to be the tip of the iceberg for 2019 and retailers going into administration.

Being the 2nd time, I can't see them being resuced again. It's a shame but then again, I never bought anything in there

Gutted especially so as I've just got my 150, 000 points for my £50. I've just tried to claim it on the off chance that it worked but I can't get into pure points site.

Bri

Yeah, the online account side for the main site is down as well. I fired over an email to cancel a pre order I'd done with PayPal.

Gutted especially so as I've just got my 150, 000 points for my £50. I've just tried to claim it on the off chance that it worked but I can't get into pure points site.

Bri
I managed to log in earlier to claim mine but doubt I'll actually be able to spend them in store, I was only upto £5 at the moment anyway.

Well it looks like they stopped anyone logging into the hmv pure points to redeem points. That was quick lost 140000 points

I've only placed 1 order with them since their previous time in administration (a pre-order which presumably won't be fulfilled now) however they were an important restraint on Amazon prices. When they're gone, the reduction in competition will make collecting physical media an even more expensive hobby.

Very sad. HMV have really pulled out all the stops since the last time it happened.

I had 150,000 points but used them just before Christmas for the William Castle set. I have another fiver in points already, which I'd like to use, but it isn't looking good.

Time to try to finish off those Premium Collections!

I feel sad for the staff, I use HMV online for practically all my physical discs. I managed to cancel 1 pre order but the other 2 I did using PayPal so funds have been taken right away.

I’ll be absolutely gutted if they go. Give me physical blu’s over streaming any day of the week. Got the ‘A Star is Born’ HMV exclusive steel on pre-order too. I go in this shop every week even if I don’t want anything. Just love wandering around there - it’ll be such a shame & it’ll give Amazon the monopoly...

I refuse to purchase anything from that scum company Amazon. The way they treat their staff is unacceptabe, with working conditions that go back to the dark ages. Not forgetting the little Tax thay pay and get away with it. Scum companies like this I stay away from, and I wish others did also.

Anyway now I have got that of my chest I really do hope the staff all find employment, and 2019 looks brighter for them.

I always tried to use them even if Amazon was price matching them. I almost stuck an order in with them the other day as they were upfront on price and a bit dearer than Zavvi who were still cheaper after adding postage but then read the upgrade from blu to 4k was very little on the box set I was after.
Unfortunately when they re opened last time the 2 nearest stores were not, and the nearest was some way away.

Sad news.

Is this going to affect HMV online? Was going to use them for a 5 for £30 Blu ray purchase soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom