Question Home broadband recommendations

GreyMutton

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but my current Plusnet fibre deal is up and I'm looking around to see if there's a better option.

Virgin isn't available in my area so I understand that means the speeds I can get are hamstrung by the openreach network.

I'm wondering how the various routers stack up from the other providers like BT, Talk Talk, etc.
Also how is the service is general?

Plusnets service is decent, other than not being able to choose a payment date, so what's your experiences with the other suspects been like?

Thanks.

We have two connections, one for work and one personal. It dates back to when we had a slow connection, and if the two of us were working from home, it couldn't handle it. Now, with a fast connection, one connection can handle both of us working, but we choose to have a backup.

I think that we all have different tales about dreadful service from broadband providers. I used to think BT were bad, then I dealt with TalkTalk who took stupidity to a new high, and customer service to a new low. I've had Sky for years, and have always been happy with their service. Had a router die a few months back (glad of the backup connection then) and it was replaced immediately. Other people will have their stories about Sky no doubt.

Which recommends Zen Internet, and then Utility Warehouse. I'm not familiar with either. PlusNet is next on their list.

TalkTalk is bottom.

I've always had good service from Sky.

We have two connections, one for work and one personal. It dates back to when we had a slow connection, and if the two of us were working from home, it couldn't handle it. Now, with a fast connection, one connection can handle both of us working, but we choose to have a backup.

Which recommends Zen Internet, and then Utility Warehouse. I'm not familiar with either. PlusNet is next on their list.

TalkTalk is bottom.

Thanks for the info. I'd never heard of utility warehouse. Looks interesting and definitely food for thought.
Zen look decent too. The 55 quid set up fee is a bit off putting though.
I'm thinking I'd be just as well staying with plusnet but the other half is nagging me to change supplier. Anything for a quiet life haha

I've always had good service from Sky.

Signed up with sky today. Was tempted to go with BT as I hear their smart hub is good but their offshore contact centres put me off.
It didn't hurt that I checked sky's site again today and they're now offering a £100 prepaid Mastercard and sky fibre max for 30 quid a month. They were only giving a 50 quid card a few days ago.

Fingers crossed there's no problems with the set up :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom