Question Home Sharing with MAOS 10.15 & TVOS 13 betas

Greggles

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've installed Catalina on my Mac and, apart from the inevitable small glitches that come with any early beta, I'm very pleased with the added features and improved speed. I like that Apple have ditched iTunes for three separate apps (Music, TV and Podcasts), but when go into my Apple TV and try to connect to my Mac, I am prompted to ensure home sharing is enabled on the Mac. Unfortunately, I cannot see a way of turning home sharing on or off with the new apps. Anyone know the solution? Incidentally, I am able stream video from Mac to the Apple TV using airplay!

The joys of using beta software, perhaps? Google is probably your friend at this juncture.

Clem

I think I read somewhere that it's covered by 'Media Sharing', possibly in system preferences, but can't remember where I read it.

Definitely read that unlike with iTunes now, the apps won't have to be open for sharing, as there will be something running in the background.

Wasn't keen on starting a new thread for this - really not impressed that the remote app no longer works with itunes (sorry, 'music'). I liked being able to control my itunes library and playing it on any speakers I've got on my network. Not sure if this is apple's hamfisted way of trying to get more subscribers to music?

Remote has now been fixed in iOS 10.15.3 update.
when you open the remote app on a device that device shows up in music under devices just select it and enter the code number given by remote app
This also works for retune on Android the android device will show up in music under devices

I think I read somewhere that it's covered by 'Media Sharing', possibly in system preferences, but can't remember where I read it.

Definitely read that unlike with iTunes now, the apps won't have to be open for sharing, as there will be something running in the background.

As a very long term Mac user this change caught me out - spent ages looking for the pesky button only to find it in system preferences.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom