Question Home stereo HiFi and multiroom solution

mrrapidan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I am moving, and planning to upgrade my current AV equipment. I currently have what would likely be considered a low end HiFi system (Onkyo TX-8050 receiver driving two Polk TSX 330T towers with streaming source of Spotify premium at highest resolution running through a Mac mini through a Samsung flat screen TV).

I am looking for two solutions. I am planning to upgrade my TV to a Samsung Frame for my main living room connected to a wifi streaming speaker with the ability also have my hifi system in another room networked to the TV speaker via wifi. I don't watch TV that often and more often listen to music in my main room, but I would like a smaller footprint of audio equipment in my living room that interfaces nicely with the TV. One of the more elegant solutions I think I have found would be to connect a Naim MuSo2 to the television and have a Naim Uniti Atom drive the tower speakers in another room. My thought is that I could control all music sources with one app, stream music, add a turntable to the HiFi, be able to add other Naim products for multiroom such as Qb's, and have nice sounding systems. I would eventually like to upgrade the tower speakers down the road. I like the idea of this setup for the ease of connectivity and the purported quality of sound that the manufacturer says I would get with the MuSo2 and the Uniti Atom.

My main questions are these:

1) Will the Uniti Atom be powerful enough to adequately drive tower loudspeakers, especially if I upgrade to some nicer towers like B&W 703 or 702s?
2) Will these systems actually produce quality sound for the price?
3) Does anyone have other suggestions for other products/combinations to look for?

Many thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom