HomePlug FAQ *Part 2*

I should have said that there's a switch on the main, router one and the satellite in the extension, it's triband with it doing the backhaul..

Hi all. I hope this is also the place for HomePlug help too? If not, I will delete and create a new post.

I have used HomePlugs for a long time and replaced, swapped, all that stuff. Currently I have a TP-LINK 12000Mbps Homeplug connecting the router to the mains network. I have another of the same connecting my PC in another room these have "pair buttons". And then I have random HomePlugs around the place. All different, all different Mbps, not in pairs and they all just work. It has been like this for years.

This week Virgin media was playing up and before I realised it was ISP issue I unplugged the Homeplug attached to the router. That is all plugged back in and working fine.

However, the HomePlug in my bedroom now constantly says Ethernet not connected. I have reset, tried to pair it (though there is not another half to this pair, it is the only one like it on my network). Nothing works.

Any idea how to get this back on the HomePlug network and working?

Thanks

EDIT: Fixed. I noticed another Homeplug also developed the same issue (though not at first, strangely). I eventually fixed via multiple restarts, reboots and Pairings. No idea why it took so many tries, but it worked in the end.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom