Horizon Zero Dawn

Is there anyway of checking what version of the game you have, this and the last patch were just a matter of a few K according to steam that downloaded in a matter of seconds and appears to have done nothing.

Finished this tonight. Loved it and no glitches at all for me.

No issues with framerates - 3440 x 1440p on Ultra (high clouds) gives about 65FPS with my 3900X and 2080 Super - but aside from the odd stutter, the game now likes to crash.

Just went back to this. It seems the stutter has vanished and I am getting 72fps now with no dips below 60fps.

Could be the patch or the new Nvidia drivers (or both) but very pleased.

Just went back to this. It seems the stutter has vanished and I am getting 72fps now with no dips below 60fps.

Could be the patch or the new Nvidia drivers (or both) but very pleased.

I never had any issues with FPS but still the sound seems to stutter a bit at times which is weird.

Just finished the main campaign this evening. I only had one slight stutter during about 20 hours of gameplay. Have to say after half life Alyx this is one of my favourite games of 2020 so far

Hit level 30 yesterday, I've spent quite a lot of time on side missions and grinding away so not sure I'm even half way through the main story yet (I've just rescued Olin's family). 😬

I'm really looking forward to playing this but I'm waiting for a GPU upgrade before so I can get 4K 60 FPS on highest settings.

I wonder if the sequel will head to the PC after the PS exclusive or maybe I'll buy a PS5 before that. :)

I'm really looking forward to playing this but I'm waiting for a GPU upgrade before so I can get 4K 60 FPS on highest settings.

I wonder if the sequel will head to the PC after the PS exclusive or maybe I'll buy a PS5 before that. :)

I would imagine it would come to PC a couple of years later. I won't be waiting for that though and will definitely be playing it on PS5 on release, it was one of my favourite PS4 games and TBH playing it on PC was good but I preferred the original playthrough on the PS4.

Bought this at the weekend and am loving it. Surprised at how well it runs at 2560x1440 on an older machine with an i5-6500 and a gtx970. All the settings are at Medium and it looks beautiful!

Having been accidentally let go this week I’ve had plenty of time on my hands so have ploughed through and finished the campaign. What a fantastic game this is, thought the story was strong and can’t wait to get stuck back in to get the Frozen Wilds done. 😄

Having been accidentally let go this week I’ve had plenty of time on my hands so have ploughed through and finished the campaign. What a fantastic game this is, thought the story was strong and can’t wait to get stuck back in to get the Frozen Wilds done. 😄
Accidentally let go ?
you weren't supposed to be fired/laid off ?

Accidentally let go ?
you weren't supposed to be fired/laid off ?

My contract was extended but someone somewhere didn’t update something, so my account was disabled on Tuesday and since then the company I’m working for has been trying to get me back on the books. They’re going to pay me, so it’s more like paid leave but I’ve essentially been persona non grata since Tuesday!

Bit late to the party, but just finished this. Put 60+ hours into it since the 27th December (Lockdown Cure) and I can honestly say it is easily one of the best games I have ever played. I usually get bored of repetitiveness mid way through open world games (I'm looking at your Assassins Creed) but it didn't happen with this, as everything you did seem to have a purpose on the story. Its much cooler climbing the neck of a moving robotic monstrosity than climbing your 30th tower to open up the map :).

It looks like any issues on launch which others mentioned above have been patched out as I didn't have a single issue, and the 3080, on Ultra at 1440p never dropped below 100fps and it all looked bloody beautiful!

Anyone that was unsure about getting it, do it, you wont be disappointed! Anyway I'm off to find the last couple of cups and metal flowers! :rotfl:

I need to get back into this.

I am very much like you and get bored with open world stuff but good to hear that it may not be too bad.

Necro-bump but just finished the main storyline. Wow, what a journey. I must admit that I wasn't initially that taken, I thought it was a bit like the new Tomb Raiders except without being able to climb pretty much anything. See that ledge at waist height? No chance!

I kept at it though and I'm so glad I did. What a story! I'm quite glad I polished off as many side quests as possible early so I had a straight run at the main quests when I was beefed up a bit, and I didn't have to check wikis to remember what was going on.

Now onto the Frozen Wilds and hopefully one more Tallneck as they are awesome.

(In case anyone's wondering, I played at 1440p, ultra, field of view max and I had frame rates considerably north of 60 all the time. One crash to desktop and one bizarre bug where I got launched into the atmosphere).

Necro-bump but just finished the main storyline. Wow, what a journey. I must admit that I wasn't initially that taken, I thought it was a bit like the new Tomb Raiders except without being able to climb pretty much anything. See that ledge at waist height? No chance!

I kept at it though and I'm so glad I did. What a story! I'm quite glad I polished off as many side quests as possible early so I had a straight run at the main quests when I was beefed up a bit, and I didn't have to check wikis to remember what was going on.

Now onto the Frozen Wilds and hopefully one more Tallneck as they are awesome.

(In case anyone's wondering, I played at 1440p, ultra, field of view max and I had frame rates considerably north of 60 all the time. One crash to desktop and one bizarre bug where I got launched into the atmosphere).
Frozen Wilds is really good too. Looking forward to the new DLC dropping on Forbidden West next week.

Frozen Wilds is really good too. Looking forward to the new DLC dropping on Forbidden West next week.
What's the DLC Burning Shores ?
am i thinking wrong it's not just a VR DLC ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom