Horizon Zero Dawn

3700X / 2080 Super @ 1440p = 75FPS on Ultimate Settings on built-in benchmark. Actually playing the game the FPS can dip to about 40 something and go up to the 100s

Give it a few patches and it will be a bit better :D

Steam reviews are pounding this.

No issues with framerates - 3440 x 1440p on Ultra (high clouds) gives about 65FPS with my 3900X and 2080 Super - but aside from the odd stutter, the game now likes to crash.

How bad are the "dips" ?
i want to start it , but keep getting put off by all the negative reviews,

i will be playing 1440p on 4k tv 1080ti
Will locking the frame rate 60 help ?

Depends on your hardware really and your tolerance to FPS dips . For me it is fine as it isn't that twitching when sniping with a bow and arrow.

I doubt if locking to 60fps will help , as the game will dip below the 50s especially if you are planning to play in 1440P in Ultra detail.

Stuttering is annoying more than anything else but it shouldn't happen.

It's mentioned here too:

I guess im lucky, i havent had a single issue

Its running ok for me 2070 super mixed high/ultra settings at 1440p few stutters and fps drops nothing too bad with gysnc enabled, however the biggest annoyance i have is the visual noise on grass looks really bad, i have aa on taa setting and forced anistropic 16x in nvidia control panel, anyone else the same? or am i just sensitive to it lol

Disabling this is supposed to stop the stuttering

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 57

Hi everyone!
Our team has been working on a patch that addresses several issues with Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC, which is available to download now.

We’re very grateful for all the reports and posts from our players so far! Some issues still need more investigation and testing, so our team is hard at work on the next patch which will go live next week.

If you are experiencing issues, please continue to send us your crash reports; additionally, you can go here to report any other problems you might encounter.

Although we are not able to get back to every report, we sincerely appreciate the continued support from our community. We care deeply about creating an enjoyable experience for everyone playing Horizon Zero Dawn, and we will continue to work on further enhancements based on your feedback.

Please find below some of the Known Issues we are continuing to investigate, as well as the patch notes describing the fixes that are now introduced with patch 1.01.

Patch 1.01
KNOWN ISSUES

In addition to the issues identified previously, we’re working on a number of high-priority issues:

• Some players are experiencing startup crashes. Patch 1.01 fixes a few, but not all, of these crashes.
  • Some players are experiencing GPU-related hangs during gameplay. The improved diagnostic data collection added in Patch 1.01 is aimed at making it easier to track these down.
  • Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering not working, 4K not displaying correctly, or HDR not working correctly.
  • Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
  • We're aware of and continue to investigate all issues in this list on Reddit as well. Thank you to u/EvilMonkeySlayer for compiling this for us.
PATCH NOTES

Crash/Hang Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the game would crash if the SteamUI didn’t initialize properly on startup.
Functionality Issue Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Concentration and other slowdown mechanics wouldn’t work for everyone.
  • Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving the game. We are still investigating other saved game issues as well.
  • Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving screenshots in Photo Mode.
Other Fixes

• Added improved diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.
  • Fixed several backend issues.
  • Fixed a video corruption issue for specific hardware. We’re continuing to look at other hardware configurations as well.

1.5mb update ?
can see that doing naff all.
Lol mine was 0. I'm holding off playing it for now as my 980ti is showing its age and I'll wait for a few more patches. I'm busy with other games ATM anyway so don't mind holding out for a bit.

1597400666951.png

Been playing with the settings a little , and the stuttering has gone down a lot ( not all together but a lot better than it was ) - and yes these are the settings before the update !!
8700k , 1080ti- 1440p on a 4k tv at 60fps VS=on
display :
hxd.jpg
Graphics : i will have a play around with these , too see if i can a better picture ( but for the mo , im happy with it .
hzd1.jpg

Picked this up yesterday. It seems generally fine on my setup (R7 1700/GTX-1080ti) at 1440 high settings, hitting 60fps with occasional dips. Some weirdness when certain things are triggered but nothing game breaking so far.

It's such a better experience than languishing at 30fps on the PS4 Pro though, it feels really responsive to play and I'm getting kills easier than before too.

Any one had their game showing as not been installed ?
just went to start the game , the PC crashed and restarted it self
so went to start the game again and it showing as not been installed !!!!

Guess the 3mb updates work then *** !!!

Probably the 3rd time iv played this all the way through ,
so much better at a stead 60fps .

Is that at 4K? has the recent patches improved performance?
1440p , on a 4ktv , only got a 1080ti so doesn't quite have the power for 4k , but tbh 1440p is just as good in my eyes , it's the 60fps that makes it so much better (over the ps4's 30)

i got a lot of stutter at first , so yea i guess the patches have had some effect not so much now . -still get the old frame drop nothing to really complain about tho ..

I'm getting 58-60fps on ultra settings on my 2070Super. No stuttering - plays really smoothly.

1440p , on a 4ktv , only got a 1080ti so doesn't quite have the power for 4k , but tbh 1440p is just as good in my eyes , it's the 60fps that makes it so much better (over the ps4's 30)

i got a lot of stutter at first , so yea i guess the patches have had some effect not so much now . -still get the old frame drop nothing to really complain about tho ..
I'm getting 58-60fps on ultra settings on my 2070Super. No stuttering - plays really smoothly.

I decided to give it a go and at 4K ultra I'm getting 65-79 fps with average I'd say average is around 70, that's on an oc 2080ti.

I've not noticed any real stuttering with the graphics however the audio seems to miss a beat in places.

It looks great though and I completed it on the PS4 pro so looking forward to another run.

I decided to give it a go and at 4K ultra I'm getting 65-79 fps with average I'd say average is around 70, that's on an oc 2080ti.

I've not noticed any real stuttering with the graphics however the audio seems to miss a beat in places.
I had one or two issues with sound( not many at all tho ) , the game would start but i would have no sound , but i think this was down to my amp just playing up .

Is that at 4K? has the recent patches improved performance?

Haven’t got the game yet but reading the release notes of the two patches they don’t appear to be fixing anything. Instead they sound like they are putting in extra monitoring, more information written to logs etc. to help them investigate the problems people are reporting.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom