Hot tub / spas.. Who's got one?

What is the outer material made from?

I've got the Vegas version and what you have said about the energy use is spot on.

2 Years on my cat punctured the inner inflatable liner which I repaired but changed this year due to it looking faded and worn, The lid has a slow puncture which I can't find and goes down after a day or so and the pump/heater unit occasionally plays up the unlock button is very unresponsive and the pump has cut out twice this year.

The wife never uses it anymore but me and the boy are in it every day he's only 2 so the temp is kept at a low 30 and it's basically used as a warm paddling pool.
Sorry I've no idea what the outer material is made of, but it's probably the same as the Vegas? It's feels like super tough/thick plastic like a regular inflatable but much more hard wearing. Once it's inflated it's rock solid.

I'd advise anyone thinking of getting a proper hot tub to give one of these a go first before shelling out £2k+. For £500 (which is what I paid) you can see how much use it will get, learn about the maintenance in terms of chemical balance etc and get an idea on the running costs based on your own usage.

The Palm Springs Hydro is also as close as you're going to get to a proper spa at a fraction of the price. If you're still using it after a couple of seasons maybe then think about getting a proper hot tub and either sell it on or keep it as a warm pool for the kids. That my plan anyway.

We've had ours about 18 months now, probably gets used once a week on average but consistently so. My wife wanted it far more than I did, and obviously I'm the one dealing with the chemicals, water changes etc. It costs approximately £15 a week. No real regrets on it, I have back problems so its great for that, very relaxing.

Bought one a couple of weeks ago, so clearly early days for us, but we love it.

Like others have said in this revived thread, we used one at holiday rentals so decided to get our own.

Went for an inflatable one so we could pack it away in the winter, though I do also prefer it on colder evenings, but these ones can't be used in less than 4 degree c.

Ours has a timer and thermostat so you can set the required temp and timer so it's ready for when you want to get in it and don't have to keep it up to temp all the time. We've got a Loop energy monitor, so I can confirm pretty accurately that it costs about £0.25 an hour when it's heating up and about £0.10 an hour when running the bubbles.

I've got ours set to maintain 34c, as it heats up about 2c an hours, so 2hrs to get to the desired 38c. In this weather it doesn't cost much to maintain temp, it takes a few nights being totally off to drop below 30c.

View attachment 751733

View attachment 751731

Resurrecting an old thread here.
We are thinking about getting this model, are you still as happy with it?
Are the jets good?
Any regrets?

Resurrecting an old thread here.
We are thinking about getting this model, are you still as happy with it?
Are the jets good?
Any regrets?
Yes.
Yes.
And no.

In that order.
It's great. Put it up a little late this year, only had it up a few weeks, but it's been great. Set it to 32 degrees and been in it late evenings recently to cool down. The kids love it as well and been in it most days.

We had a lazy a few years ago and it was good-
About 3 years ago I struck gold- the guy next door but 1 decided to move and had a Tiger river hot tub he'd bought about 18 months earlier- he had i craned in and the buyers said they did not want it - knowing he could not easily remove it - so I asked the question- £1500 and it was mine(I think he paid £7K)
2 fence panels removed and I built a giant skateboard - perfect
Love it

Can anyone vouch for a company called HotPriceTubs based in the north east? They have a showroom in Middlesbrough I think.

Can anyone vouch for a company called HotPriceTubs based in the north east? They have a showroom in Middlesbrough I think.

I live/work in Middlesbrough so let me know the details and I will take a look.

EDIT
Just noticed it's in Stockton.

Bought one a couple of weeks ago, so clearly early days for us, but we love it.

Like others have said in this revived thread, we used one at holiday rentals so decided to get our own.

Went for an inflatable one so we could pack it away in the winter, though I do also prefer it on colder evenings, but these ones can't be used in less than 4 degree c.

Ours has a timer and thermostat so you can set the required temp and timer so it's ready for when you want to get in it and don't have to keep it up to temp all the time. We've got a Loop energy monitor, so I can confirm pretty accurately that it costs about £0.25 an hour when it's heating up and about £0.10 an hour when running the bubbles.

I've got ours set to maintain 34c, as it heats up about 2c an hours, so 2hrs to get to the desired 38c. In this weather it doesn't cost much to maintain temp, it takes a few nights being totally off to drop below 30c.

View attachment 751733

View attachment 751731

Just bought this at the weekend, filled it up with hot water (we have a hot and cold tap in the garage) and used it the first day. It's rained ever since.
Happy so far though, but need to build a wooden gazebo so we can use it in the rain.

In still getting used to it, but it appears to need about 1tsp of chlorine per day and 1tsp of PH+.

I have just ordered a hot tub, it's being delivered beginng of August. It's just a 13 amp plug on it so a mate who is an electrician is going to put me an outside socket on for it which the suppliers have asked for. My question is I am going to be laying a concrete base for it and an electrician from work said he remembers fitting one when he was an apprentice 20 years ago and the rebar in the concrete had to be earthed to the hot tub. My mate who is an electrician doesn't seem to think it's necessary. Any one got any experiance of this.

Just bought this at the weekend, filled it up with hot water (we have a hot and cold tap in the garage) and used it the first day. It's rained ever since.
Happy so far though, but need to build a wooden gazebo so we can use it in the rain.

In still getting used to it, but it appears to need about 1tsp of chlorine per day and 1tsp of PH+.
We just use a pop up gazebo over ours.
1tsp of chlorine a day sounds about right, I think it suggests 6grams which is about that. I use the chlorine tablets and a floater, but either are fine.

Did you chlorine shock the water first?

The amount of chlorine you need for maintenance depends on use and water quality, but just test it before use and you'll be fine.

I had to put a bit of Ph- in mine this year when first set up, but it seems to have settled fine now.

IMG_0947.JPG

We just use a pop up gazebo over ours.
1tsp of chlorine a day sounds about right, I think it suggests 6grams which is about that. I use the chlorine tablets and a floater, but either are fine.

Did you chlorine shock the water first?

The amount of chlorine you need for maintenance depends on use and water quality, but just test it before use and you'll be fine.

I had to put a bit of Ph- in mine this year when first set up, but it seems to have settled fine now.

View attachment 879230
We do have a couple of gazebos, but they aren't water proof. I do quite fancy a wooden one so I can put lights around it and maybe a few plants.

I think I did chlorine shock it first (added 1.5tsp instead of just 1tsp).

We do have a couple of gazebos, but they aren't water proof. I do quite fancy a wooden one so I can put lights around it and maybe a few plants.

I think I did chlorine shock it first (added 1.5tsp instead of just 1tsp).
29g is the recommended initial shock dose so more like 6tsp. A regular shock (after lots of use) is 15g or 3tsp and a regular daily dose is 6g. A level tsp is about 5g.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom