Hot tub / spas.. Who's got one?

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're in the process of investigating the options, so any advice, experience appreciated.

Prices seem to range hugely for almost identical specs, I know a dealer with a showroom etc, needs more margin, but they can be double the price of a direct website.

Any tips, anything owners wished they had done differently?

Just keep the noise down for your neighbours sake, we lived behind one for several years and it was a magnet for late night parties, an absolute nightmare to live near and made our lives a misery

Sounds like a shitty time.

We're a bit old for late night parties, a few glasses of wine, listening to fleetwood mac is about as raucous as we get.

We're also, fortunately at least 100ft from our nearest neighbour.

we stayed in a holiday cottage last year with one of those cheap £300 ones. yes, it was a tad noisy on full bubbles but was brilliant. i would have one if i could justify it. the house we bought had a massive one in the garden, im wishing i had paid more and kept it :)

i used to work with a bloke in his 50s and they used to be in it almost every night. he really enjoyed it when his son's girlfriends came over and jumped in (18-25). dirty sod :)

Ive got a cheap and cheerful inflatable one, only had bubbles no jets but I love it. Takes a little looking after to keep the water in good condition but its rather nice to be able to nip into the back garden for a soak at the end of the day :)

Are hot tubs still popular?. A few years ago they seemed to be the thing a lot of people craved after but interest seems to have dwindled.

My spar is abit temperamental. Got to watch you don't follow through when you set the bubbles off:D

I've always wanted to have a hot tub that also functions as a time machine.

Are hot tubs still popular?. A few years ago they seemed to be the thing a lot of people craved after but interest seems to have dwindled.

Dunno.

I have to say I've warmed to the idea more of late though, in fact, I fancy a relaxing plunge right now!

Nice in the summer, does anyone use theirs outside in winter or are they drained and covered?.

Nice in the summer, does anyone use theirs outside in winter or are they drained and covered?.

Our friends use there's more in the winter.

Whenever we go over , we end up in lovely warm bubbling water, cold air and a glass of vino.

Works a treat.

Wouldn't go near them they are are great for legionaries though. Had a representative from a water filter company years ago at work telling stories of hot tubs and cruise ships and the diseases

aye, if filters are cleaned when required and chemistries added when needed then the water is absolutely fine.

My folks have had one for about 6-7 years now

Our neighbour has a large hot tube under a wooden pergola? any way we keep saying when they are away we should just go round and use it haha imagine their faces if they caught us!!

Lara Alvarez has one.

You're welcome.

Our neighbour has a large hot tube under a wooden pergola? any way we keep saying when they are away we should just go round and use it haha imagine their faces if they caught us!!
No! imagine yours when they strip off and explain how 'open minded they are' ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom