Hot tub thread.

Been in it 5 out of last 6 nights. Finding myself looking forward to it after putting the children to bed. I am finding my TV / movie / xbox time is suffering considerably, but Kindle time is up. Football I prefer to watch with the sound off, so at least that's doable too

Awesome mate, cheers. I’m putting a summerhouse in the back garden (which is being delivered and built tomorrow actually) to use as a gym, and I reckon one of these would be perfect for a soak after a workout.

You’ve sold it!

Awesome mate, cheers. I’m putting a summerhouse in the back garden (which is being delivered and built tomorrow actually) to use as a gym, and I reckon one of these would be perfect for a soak after a workout.

You’ve sold it!
For the sake of £300, it's worth the effort. Worst case you'll sell the lot on ebay in 12-24 months time and it'll be considerably cheaper than renting one.

Anyone got any TV watching solutions? At the moment we've got a kindle HD 10 which is too quiet so thinking of adding a Bluetooth speaker to the mix.

Also thinking of getting a 28 inch TV, but hard to waterproof...

Anyone got any TV watching solutions? At the moment we've got a kindle HD 10 which is too quiet so thinking of adding a Bluetooth speaker to the mix.

Also thinking of getting a 28 inch TV, but hard to waterproof...

I’ve got a 32” tv bolted to wall then streaming via chrome cast at mo.
Kodi Netflix iplayer etc.

OK... Think I might get a TV to keep in the garage and put on the low wall... Moving forwards might think about mounting on the garage wall.
15589009544759114241645549644041.jpg

Here's ours complete with view.
The kids love it, although I chlorine shocked it yesterday, levels were still to high to use. Hopefully the levels will have settled by tomorrow.
I showed that pic to a recent date, she accused me of being in a hotel with another woman..:rotfl::facepalm:

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 217
Treated myself to a 43" Samsung 4k tv today. Does the job. Will look to mount it at some point but need to think about the angles and practicalities.

If my wife asks, Richer Sounds don't sell TVs smaller than 43 inches.

IMG_20190528_214923.jpg

I just got a Lazy Spa Miami and got it all set up yesterday and heated it overnight and been in it for the first time today. It was a bit too hot for me at 38 degrees but the wife likes it that hot.
Should the heater and filter be left on all the time or should I be turning it off and only heating it before using it?
What about chlorine? How do I know how much to use?

The heater needs leaving on all the time. You can turn the pump off, although there will be a smaller pump keeping the water moving around so its not stagnant or have hot/cold spots.

You need to buy strips to test the water to keep the levels correct. These are cheap enough to buy.
As a guide, I put 2 tea spoons of chlorine in each day.
DONT get it on your skin as it will cause blisters/burns.

Every week to 10 days I would drain it and refill it. Not sure if that was too much or not enough, but didn't harm.

The heater needs leaving on all the time. You can turn the pump off, although there will be a smaller pump keeping the water moving around so its not stagnant or have hot/cold spots.

You need to buy strips to test the water to keep the levels correct. These are cheap enough to buy.
As a guide, I put 2 tea spoons of chlorine in each day.
DONT get it on your skin as it will cause blisters/burns.

Every week to 10 days I would drain it and refill it. Not sure if that was too much or not enough, but didn't harm.

Wow
I change mine very 8 weeks.

I change my jacuzzi water between 2 and 3 monthly use bromine in between changes over chlorine.

Damn there’s Barbie no wonder I couldn’t find her

I had a La-z-spa Vegas for a year or so but then it sprung a few leaks at the welds/seams. Was prohibitive cost wise to replace it so I ended up binning it and selling the pump/heater on FB marketplace.

I missed it over the winter, best time to use it in my opinion. Icy outside and up to your nose in the "filthy sex pond" :)
I dont miss the water and leccy bills though

I had a La-z-spa Vegas for a year or so but then it sprung a few leaks at the welds/seams. Was prohibitive cost wise to replace it so I ended up binning it and selling the pump/heater on FB marketplace.

I missed it over the winter, best time to use it in my opinion. Icy outside and up to your nose in the "filthy sex pond" :)
I dont miss the water and leccy bills though

Mine sprung a leak, luckily for me just before the warranty runs out. So I’ve got a new one to use but still using the old one till it totally gives up.
I agree with you regarding winter, we was in it NYE and I was sat just in my shorts in garden with all this steam coming off me lol. Awesome night!!

I really fancy a wood fired one. Has anyone got one of those?

Well really disappointed.
Ours has had some welds fail.
Only had it about 18-20 months and probably only used it 18-20 times.

View attachment 1145974 View attachment 1145973 View attachment 1145972
Well, a bit of an update to this post.

I was searching the Bestway website for a replacement liner and shocked to see that they are £399 to buy, but noticed as I was searching that there was 2 conflicting write ups about warranty. One stated a 24 month warranty and the other stated a 12 month warranty. I couldn't find it again, but think it may be a 24 month if you register your hot tub with them (which I didn't do).

Even so, I thought its worth an email to them, to see if they can help at all. I 'knew' I bought it in Sept 2017 from Argos, but couldn't find my receipt anywhere, but hoped they may offer something, even a half price liner for me, so sent an email off.

They replied straight away asking for a copy of the receipt and photographs of the issue and my set-up. I thought I was stuck due to not having the receipt, then remembered I bought it using an Argos interest free card, so checked my emails, but still couldn't find it (found a copy of the agreement, but this didn't show what I bought, only the value).
I contacted Argos online chat and spoke to a lady who managed to find my receipt and forwarded it onto me.

Here is where I discovered a new issue. The receipt stated I bought it in June 2017 (not Sept like I thought) and it was now July, so even if it was 24 months I was out of warranty. The annoying thing was I discovered the damage to my liner in April, so if I had done all this on day one it would have still been under the 24 months.
Having said that, I did buy it in June, but it also had a delivery on there and I cant remember when it was delivered, so there was still hope.

Anyhow, I decided to still send the receipt to them last week and today had an email stating THEY ARE GOING TO EXCHANGE IT :clap::clap::clap:
I need to cut out the serial number and send a photo of the cut out to them (to completely wreck it and show I am not going to sell it on I guess).

Incidentally, the FAQ's mention a bulging liner and state that direct sun could be a cause due to it heating the welds up and if a little over inflated this could cause them to fail. Mine was under cover, but could easily have still had direct sunlight on it (not that there was much heat in April of course).

This is excellent service by Bestway and I wish other companies would treat their customers in a similar way.

Last edited:
@Thug great news for you and i had very similar service from them regarding my bulging liner. I never cut the serial out though and still using my old one. I'd rather give it to charity or something rather than cut it into pieces. They've not even emailed me further regarding this so...
They will also send it out first to you so have a think on cutting it up.

@Thug great news for you and i had very similar service from them regarding my bulging liner. I never cut the serial out though and still using my old one. I'd rather give it to charity or something rather than cut it into pieces. They've not even emailed me further regarding this so...
They will also send it out first to you so have a think on cutting it up.
Yeah I haven't done this yet, but they stated I may have issues if I make any further claims in the future if I don't cut it out. But having said that, it was already out of warranty so will be even more out if I have issues in the future.

Yeah I haven't done this yet, but they stated I may have issues if I make any further claims in the future if I don't cut it out. But having said that, it was already out of warranty so will be even more out if I have issues in the future.

Yes exactly mate, I had exact same email. Mines lost some pressure but still working so will carry on with it.
Good customer service from them though.

Its turned up today.
That is a service to be proud of.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom