Question How bad is this light bleed? (JS9000)

LarryDv

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, my TV is 4 years old now, lately I noticed "lighter edges" than the rest of picture specially in football games, or like the plain grey background of youtube app etc. also in some scenes edges seem having bluish tint and in others not so much, and it has perfect black though! (In screenshots) I really don't know what's causing this and if there's any fix?
p.s. Warranty expired long ago *only 2 years*

Playing with different picture modes doesn't help much, it's still obvious..

Satellite TV
20200903_221322.jpg

20200903_221302.jpg

Here maybe the right side looks worse than reality a little bit because of camera?
20200903_221312.jpg

Netflix
That's what i mean by somehow blueish tint on the sides

20200919_030313.jpg
20200919_030249.jpg

This scene was too dark so maybe the camera makes it look weird but the edges are lighter
20200919_030354.jpg

20200919_030303.jpg

But here in the same episode it looks great I guess?
20200919_030559.jpg

Perfect black thankfully

20200919_030520.jpg

In satelliteTV again looks good
20200919_030029.jpg

Most noticeable on PS4 and really annoying
20200919_030807.jpg

And here it looks great, maybe because of the greatest goalkeeper in the world! :)
20200903_221323.jpg

Anyway, I'm very sorry for this long post but I really don't understand why it's obvious in some scenes more than others and if it can be fixed or not?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Yeah they all suffer from that to a degree. Mine had it faintly on dark pictures but it was liveable with. You could try a light massage of the screen but unfortunately it isn't fixable unless the panel itself is replaced, but it is highly doubtful one could be obtained these days. Plus you could end up with something worse...

Yeah they all suffer from that to a degree. Mine had it faintly on dark pictures but it was liveable with. You could try a light massage of the screen but unfortunately it isn't fixable unless the panel itself is replaced, but it is highly doubtful one could be obtained these days. Plus you could end up with something worse...
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm afraid of, actually before getting it I replaced a couple of TVs with bad DSE..we never know. I'll try gently massaging it then, thanks again.

my js9500 had similar light edges but not as obvious as yours. but mine also decided to blow an led out and thus giving me a brown spot the size os a tennis ball on the screen. it did help with the rubbing of the screen with a soft cloth with regard the brown spot. i cant remember if i tried undoing the screws behind the screen on its edges to see if the screen was being "pinched" somehow. shame with these models really, as they give a great picture and from what i have been told by currys a lot of them are now failing with both of these issues mentioned. you could just watch everything in 3d as that makes the entire screen brighter. i suppose even with ambi-lighting behind the tv it wouldnt help at all.

the js9000 and js8500 is a known problem model for this- the panels have a trim along the edge which fails and then they go this way, no panels have been available for years which is a shame as the newer ones arent 3d, curved or with stainless steel finish.

to improve on what you have the q85 is backlit and the Q90 is class at about £1299 also full backlit.

Is it under warranty with a shop?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom