How do you guys connect your GameCube to your projector?

Seb1

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am getting a projector soon and I have a GC. I want to connect it using a component lead.

I understand that you can't buy them in the UK (official Nintendo Ones). So does that mean I have to buy it from the US or Japan?

but the big question is... Do they work on a PAL GC???

The Component Cable is available from a variety of UK Importers but they're a little overpriced. I recommend ordering from:

http://www.ncsx.com

or

http://www.tronixweb.com

Both outlets are great to deal with and very import friendly (they will mark the value of the goods down so you won't get charged customs/VAT). Price is around £32 after delivey - Choose USPS Flat Letter rate - you should have it within 5-7 days.

And YES, it will work perfectly fine on a PAL Cube.

trouble is everyone seems to be out of stock at the mo so check around, Ive got one on back order with ncsx as groundy recommends.

note that someone posted on these forums saying that although the component will work on a UK gamecube you wont get progressive scan, yet another reason to jump the PAL ship.

Originally posted by Erpland
trouble is everyone seems to be out of stock at the mo so check around, Ive got one on back order with ncsx as groundy recommends.

NCSX get them every few days so you shouldn't have to wait long :).

note that someone posted on these forums saying that although the component will work on a UK gamecube you wont get progressive scan, yet another reason to jump the PAL ship.

UK (PAL) Games are not Progressive enabled. There is a remote possibility that if the NEVERLOADER ever materialises, you may still get Progressive Scan from a US/JAP game on a PAL Cube. This will only be possible if Nintendo left the Progressive Scan Video chipset inside the PAL Cube. I doubt it but you never know.

[EDIT]
Progressive from Pal Cube is possible. See:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76335

Hi, Try using a U.S gamecube, most of the titles launch 3 months before Europe. and best of all most U.S titles are progressive scan, no UK pal titles are. I use a compontent lead thru my Sanyo LCD projector with stunning results. Metriod Prime is a must buy!!I buy my tiltes from E bay and use a excellent supplier from Canada. Delivery takes 3-7 days from Canada!. Try him. Username: fiocco

Good luck;)

I've just ordered a Panny 5 series plasma, and want to connect my DVD, Gamecube and Xbox (both NTSC) via component, so I have ordered one of the Audio Authority component switch boxes.

Now, am I right in saying that component cables carry no audio? If so, how the hell do I get sound out of the Gamecube with the component cable? There is no audio output on the cable or the console, so what do I do? I'm sure I'm being a monumental dumbass and that there is a very simple solution!

Originally posted by peo
Now, am I right in saying that component cables carry no audio? If so, how the hell do I get sound out of the Gamecube with the component cable? There is no audio output on the cable or the console, so what do I do? I'm sure I'm being a monumental dumbass and that there is a very simple solution!
Just hook up the composite AV cable that came with the Cube.

Regards,
Olaiho

Originally posted by Erpland
still no news, ive been waiting over 3 weeks now!

That's not good :confused:. Have you emailed them? They're usually much better than this. Might be worth cancelling and going with Tronixweb.

Originally posted by groundy
That's not good :confused:. Have you emailed them? They're usually much better than this. Might be worth cancelling and going with Tronixweb.

yep I emailed a few days ago to see what's happening as the shop seems to imply the cable is back in stock, havnt had a reply yet though, and you have to email to canel anyway.

should have mentioned that I emailed tronixweb before placing my order with ncsx, and I didnt get a reply to the request for a console price with shipping.:(

How about trying lik-sang? I've used them in the past and they were excellent. I know they've had problems with Microsoft (and everbody else) trying to shut them down, but they are back at full speed now, and they are reliable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom