Question How much do we think the Anaconda will cost???

How much do we think the Anaconda will cost???

• < £399

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £400 - £499

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • £500 - £599

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • £600 - £699

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £700 - £799

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • > £800

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Don't care... I'm gonna sell a kidney if I have to for this baby!!!

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dollydoodah

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at the specs that were announced, how much do we think they will pitch the flagship version of the next gen Xbox will set you back?

Looking at the specs that were announced, how much do we think they will pitch the flagship version of the next gen Xbox will set you back?
I've put £400-£499 but depending on specs think it could go up into the next bracket £500-£599. If they do go over it'd better be a damn good spec! There's definitely a market out there for high spec gear (like the Elite controller) but that's not your average person. You want to get consoles out in the wild to build a userbase so pricing it too high will only sell to the hardcore (who tend to be the early adopters anyway).

I think £450, or possibly £350. They will make their money in the games and Microsoft have the advantage of making that money back with their services and games on PC’s as well as the Xbox. This could allow them to charge less for the console.

I think the entry level will be closer to £400... I'm edging my bets on £600+ for the uber spec'd up monster (depending on the PS5 pricing)… Sony's price bracket will have a big influence on Microsoft's pricing strategy I think...

I think the entry level will be closer to £400... I'm edging my bets on £600+ for the uber spec'd up monster (depending on the PS5 pricing)… Sony's price bracket will have a big influence on Microsoft's pricing strategy I think...

Aren’t the current rumours that an entry level console (originally codenamed Lockhart iirc) have been dropped and that MS will just have 1 Scarlett console at launch?

I think we’re looking at around £450, maybe £500 but I don’t see it going any higher than that

I think with the more info we get, that Microsoft will undercut the price of the PS5 with the Scarlett. Maybe by £50. Microsoft has been incredibly tight lipped about the new console.

My money is on £479 at launch or even £499 and I agree with it being lower than £500.

Aren’t the current rumours that an entry level console (originally codenamed Lockhart iirc) have been dropped and that MS will just have 1 Scarlett console at launch?

I think we’re looking at around £450, maybe £500 but I don’t see it going any higher than that

Yea Microsoft has confirmed they will only have one console next gen.

Im guessing £550 - £600 as well. (Id be quitely happy if it was £400 though)

I think it will be $499 and likely around £450 but wouldn't at all be surprised if they want to get one up on the PS5 so whatever Sony set the price at it will either match it or beat it, that or bundle in a free copy of Halo Infinite.

I think it will be $499 and likely around £450 but wouldn't at all be surprised if they want to get one up on the PS5 so whatever Sony set the price at it will either match it or beat it, that or bundle in a free copy of Halo Infinite.

£449 with a month of Ultimate GamesPass I reckon.

Phil Spence recently said that they're not going to repeat any of the mistakes of the Xbox One launch, including the high price point.
With that, I'd say less than £400.

I will revise my forecast going by the specs of the Xbox series X i would expect £600

Its got specs of a £1500 pc

Phil Spence recently said that they're not going to repeat any of the mistakes of the Xbox One launch, including the high price point.
With that, I'd say less than £400.
What he actually said was that he wouldn’t make the mistake of being the most expensive and the weakest. If they’re going to be the most expensive it’ll be because it’s the most powerful.

What he actually said was that he wouldn’t make the mistake of being the most expensive and the weakest. If they’re going to be the most expensive it’ll be because it’s the most powerful.

That kind of goes hand in hand.
They're clearly going for the most powerful console, but they won't be doing it with a mega price tag that will keep loyal customers away.
I know part of the reason X1 was so expensive was because of Kinect, but just having the more expensive console still hurt them, regardless of what it came bundled with.

Anything over £400 and Microsoft risk another bad launch, IMO.

Well, in not wanting to repeat past mistakes a price tag of under £400 would be essential.
Even if the PS5 was underpowered compared to the Xbox, if it had a lower price a lot of people would flock to it.

MS know there is a market for higher priced powerful consoles as demonstrated by the Xbox One X so no way the Series X will be priced lower than the X so I am expecting a £449.99 - £499.99 price tag but I wouldn't be surprised to see them add something to the bundle to try and sweeten the deal if PS5 is more than £50 cheaper (ie bundle a copy of Halo Infinite with it)

Last edited:
I think Microsoft have realised they can get away with a £100 price difference an people will pay that for the best premium product. more than that they might be pushing it.

bundling in games is a bit pointless in gamepass era a sub to ultimate would be a better option

I honestly reckon it will be £599 based on the following spec (from rumours)

Zen 2 Cpu
12 TF RDNA 2 GPU with RT
16GB Ram
1TB NVME

People are now paying £700-£1100 for phones every two years so going to £599 for the premium console isn’t that much more considering it lasts 5-10 years. I also think they will introduce a lower spec machine at £349 while discontinuing the Xbox S and reduce the One X to £149-199 for next two years as Game Pass will work across all consoles and you will get Up to 4K on x, 4k30 on Middle Console with 4K60 on premium xs.

I think we will see a subscription contract model for the consoles (similar to phones) including Game Pass Ultimate (one year included) over 24 through 48 months depending on what monthly payments you want.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom