How much will the DUP get to go along today?

never seen a smugger bunch of ****s than the 10 of them
They are smug indeed. Though I think the SNP and Corbynites are pretty much on par when it comes to smugness and being ****s.

Heck, I'm sure some here would think the same of me, same as all 10 combined :)

However, I doubt that they, SNP, Corbynites nor myself (no doubts there obviously) or many others :) care what others think of them. People will have opinions, some valid, some not so valid. It would be boring if we are all the same.

I'm hoping that as a result of the whole Brexit ordeal, the DUP have done themselves enough damage to get voted out of power in NI. Might be a turning point to allowing a more progressive politics to flourish there.

Love to see this face when he loses his seat ...

smugcuntjd.jpg

Love to see this face when he loses his seat ...

View attachment 1209033

Unfortunately there are still plenty of safe seats for the DUP, and they will always get the extreme unionist vote.
The more moderate UUP are in a mess, as are the SDLP so that only leaves Alliance and SF.

The double standards over the DUP's stance on NI being in step with the UK on Brexit but out of step on abortion and marriage, is fudgeing shameful
- so what are the chances of a political bribe to hand back abortion and marriage laws to the assembly even if it doesn't reconvene by Monday? (or a cynical brief reconvening, if that's even possible, recognised)

That'll only work if SF agree to reconvene things, I doubt they will (unless the DUP relents on the Irish Language stuff). You only have to look at Arlene Foster's handling of the cash for ash scandal to see that handing any money over to NI is a bad idea while the assembly remains collapsed.

They are smug indeed. Though I think the SNP and Corbynites are pretty much on par when it comes to smugness and being ****s.

Heck, I'm sure some here would think the same of me, same as all 10 combined :)

However, I doubt that they, SNP, Corbynites nor myself (no doubts there obviously) or many others :) care what others think of them. People will have opinions, some valid, some not so valid. It would be boring if we are all the same.

I really don’t like SNP, however, I do have respect for their position - they have stood solid on their Brexit stance and it matches that of its constituents - so good on them for that at least.

For the most part, I feel the same about the original LibDem MPs, but not the defectors that have joined them.

What I simply can’t abide is MPs that are opposing the will of their constituents. There is a lot of talk that 52:48 is not significant (although the remains seem to think the 51:49 win on the Letwin amendment a resounding success) but some of these MP have constituencies that are 65% to 70% in favour of leave and thy are still opposing it. Absolutely disgusting.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom