Question How much worse to have ATMOS on walls and not ceiling?

Sampson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m doing a new setup in finacee’s property and have 3.5kg monitor audio bronze 1s as the four ATMOS speakers.
I’ve been debating for a while now about putting them in the ceiling and have been trying to find studs etc, but I can’t shake my fear they will drop on one of 5 children.
How much worse is it for ATMOS to just stick them on the walls so they are at the edges of the room? I would point them towards the MLP and probably have the front ones a few feet forward from the front wall and the rears right in the back corner (MLP is against rear wall).
I feel like it would be a lot safer and easier, but don’t want to ruin the whole point of ATMOS.

If you can angle them so that they fire directly at the MLP then that should be fine. I would place them as high as possible with the front pair in line with the front left and right. The rear pair would have to go with your best placement. If at the side I would have them opposite the MLP. On a rear wall again in line with the surrounds. I cannot see it being a problem and should give satisfactory results.

i have 4 x wharfedale 9.0 wall mounted and aimed at MLP, would love 4 x B1 to match the rest of my system tho, i have them at rear height and top middle on my denon and find the atmos works really well

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom