Question How to check hours on Pioneer Kuro pdp-lx5090 & lx6090

leave it now, see how you get on

Hey Guys,

I appreciate this is an old discussion, but any help is greatly appreciated. I have recently bought an LX6090, and absolutely love it. I have a service remote and have successfully adjusted the voltage to get rid of the slight reddish tint to the blacks. However, I would like to be able to check the service hours of the unit, and don't know how. I have searched far and wide, including on these forums but have had no luck in finding instructions. Can anyone here help guide me?
Sorry to be a bit OT, but would you be able to tell me how much you paid for the 6090? You can do so by pm if you prefer. I am thinking of putting mine up for sale. Many thanks in advance.👍

Sorry to be a bit OT, but would you be able to tell me how much you paid for the 6090? You can do so by pm if you prefer. I am thinking of putting mine up for sale. Many thanks in advance.👍
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like

Hey,

No problem at all, I paid £300 for mine. I have to say I consider this a bargain personally.

If it helps, I can tell you that I would have been happy to spend up to about £500 for my set, especially considering a comparable size OLED will retail for about £1500.

brand-dark.svg
About our ads

You may also like

Hey,

No problem at all, I paid £300 for mine. I have to say I consider this a bargain personally.

If it helps, I can tell you that I would have been happy to spend up to about £500 for my set, especially considering a comparable size OLED will retail for about £1500.
Many thanks.

I have a LX5090 and a Harmony Elite remote, how exactly do you get into the service menu?

interested in the number of hours on it (owned from new so just curious) and may look at voltages as i have some magenta sparkles on a pure white screen that i believe this "may" help with.

I have a LX5090 and a Harmony Elite remote, how exactly do you get into the service menu?

interested in the number of hours on it (owned from new so just curious) and may look at voltages as i have some magenta sparkles on a pure white screen that i believe this "may" help with.

Have you contacted Harmony and had the remote code added to your account?

Ah, ok that's how it's done. Will give that a go. Thank you

Ah, ok that's how it's done. Will give that a go. Thank you

You need to copy the huge long code in the first post in the link below and send it to them and ask them to add it to one of the devices currently in your account.

thank you for that. requested.

exciting, may hold off the OLED upgrade for a little bit :)

Last edited:
:facepalm: support came back and sad it's already there by default, couldn't see on remote but could on the android app. 34,000 hrs. thanks for the help.

:facepalm: support came back and sad it's already there by default, couldn't see on remote but could on the android app. 34,000 hrs. thanks for the help.
Wow, 34,000 hrs! I would be dead curious to know how many hours my LX5090 has; owned since 2008. Though it was replaced 2 yrs ago it's still in use in the lounge.

checked my 5090 and its done almost 50,000 hours,that = almost 6 years of viewing and still a great picture,my 5080 only as 19000 hours on it. and also a 500a that suffered 8 blue blinking light with 26000 hours,thinking of getting the box fixed as that tv had an astounding picture.i doubt any modern tv will last this long.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom