How to get a good Sky Q deal - Part 2

logiciel

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Polite Persistence Pays

Spoke to ask on the iOS app. Contract isn't actually up until 31st August do they didn't have any deals show up at all.

Did get Sports reduced down to just F1 so it's only going to be £82 for just Sky Q package!

Will try again after 31st but phone them instead. Not willing to actually go through with cancelling but will see if I can get anything off if I sign up for another 12 month contract. I would take their TV and broadband but can't really afford the speed drop.

Oi did not get offed a new 12 month contract until i cancelled, over the phone before i cancel i was offer a deal over 18 months only. once i cancel after 2 weeks i was offed a deal i was happy with on a rolling 12 month contract

I recently renewed and offered 50% off for 12 months and £25 credit. Looking at My Sky app I can see from September onwards my bill will be the agreed £50.75. However, my bill for August is £114.13, but reduced to £62.50 with the £25 credit I had agreed and a mystery 'disconnection credit' of £26. I was under the impression my first bill would be £25.75!

The increased price in the first month was not explained to me when signing up again, and my attempts to get an explanation have proven to be a waste of time on the phone and online.

Can anyone tell me if it is normal practice for the first bill in a new deal to be higher than the agreed price?

Yes, you pay a month in advance - so you pay the part of the month you connect in, plus all of the next month

Been offered 50% full TV package but 265 pounds for sky Q
Is this good or do I hold out?

Been offered 50% full TV package but 265 pounds for sky Q
Is this good or do I hold out?

Hold out, that's high for Q install

Hold out, that's high for Q install

Got 30 days to go! Lol
I'm also thinking of letting my wife take out a new contract as we are moving home in September.
The question really for me now is do I hold out and start life as a new customer again?

It's ridiculously high!
It can go as low as £0.

Was told that if I wanted the box for 115 pounds with a mini it would go up to 74 pounds per month
Bearing in mind also that sky have reinstated my account twice this week with my consent

Installation never needs to be more than £60.
The monthly payment is completely separate.

Installation never needs to be more than £60.
The monthly payment is completely separate.

This is what I can't understand
For sky tv on its own with the full package they are offering 50% off
However with sky install it's only 25%
The prices just seem all over the place right now

I recently renewed and offered 50% off for 12 months and £25 credit. Looking at My Sky app I can see from September onwards my bill will be the agreed £50.75. However, my bill for August is £114.13, but reduced to £62.50 with the £25 credit I had agreed and a mystery 'disconnection credit' of £26. I was under the impression my first bill would be £25.75!

The increased price in the first month was not explained to me when signing up again, and my attempts to get an explanation have proven to be a waste of time on the phone and online.

Can anyone tell me if it is normal practice for the first bill in a new deal to be higher than the agreed price?

Just an update on this post incase anyone faces the same problem. Before I'd asked here I'd emailed Sky's CEO with a complaint (I'd already tried on the phone, raising a case online and the online chat within the app).

I've spoken to someone tonight at the executive complaints and it turns out I was right to be suspicious. They'd charged me twice for 1 part of my bill meaning I was owed £36. After that had been refunded, and with the £25 credit I was offered when agreeing to sign up again it bought my August bill down to £25.75 as I expected it should be.

I really can't believe it had to get that far. It was something so simple and something I'd expect the regular Customer Service line to spot and deal with.

How did you find the email address for the CEO? I need to raise a complaint myself

How did you find the email address for the CEO? I need to raise a complaint myself

I Googled it and to my surprise it was out there and worked :thumbsup: ([email protected]). He obviously doesn't reply to you personally and they won't correspond with you via email. But they do phone and will leave a direct number to call them back if you miss the call.

Sky complaints first, then [email protected] if necessary.
They will email, and I won't use the phone, on principle.
It all depends on the agent - another time, or another, and you'd have got the answer.
Scot6y: Installation fee doesn't link with subscription, so you have reason to complain.

Last edited:
Sky complaints first, then [email protected] if necessary.
They will email, and I won't use the phone, on principle.
It all depends on the agent - another time, or another, and you'd have got the answer.
Scot6y: Installation fee doesn't link with subscription, so you have reason to complain.

I'm so glad I've joined this thread
Thanks guys so much for your help

I spoke the retention dept and explained I wanted to cancel. I ended up with everything except sport for £40. Not much of a price difference from what I was paying (£35) and I never watch sport so won't miss it, much better than the £80+ pound it would have increased to otherwise.

Best offer so far after 2 weeks of calling is 71 pounds per month with sky 2tb at 265 pounds
Can't get them lower at all

That's the most idiotic we've had so far!
Installation needn't cost more than 60 - often less.
Don't telephone.
Use email.

Called them back again remembering PPP
Got through to the win back team.
Managed to get the whole package for 60 pounds a month plus free 2TB box and MIni with free installation.
Thanks logiciel took some great advice from you!

There's an email address? Usually email is the worst way to speak to companies.

Yes, and if necessary write to the CEO.
Remember, we're talking about Sky - they're not like any other company!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom