How to get a good Sky Q deal - Part 2

Have you got a screen grab you can post up from Sky showing this offer ?

This was the original email from last month which they kept extending. They costed to offer differently than what was agreed.

Screenshot_20200622-184214_Email.jpgScreenshot_20200622-184235_Email.jpg

Cancelled just over a week ago, was paying £55 for Sky Q with Entertainment, Movies, Kids, Sport, Multiscreen and UHD. Got a call this evening. He does the usual pretending to just be checking I won't cancel my DD then starts looking what they could offer me. He says £47 for what I already have. He reads out the package, doesn't mention Multiscreen, I check with him and he says it includes that. He says it's the exact same package that I already have. That sounds like a good price so I agree. Later in call he says £49 but I might have misheard him the first time and that's still a good price so I don't question it.

Now I look online and see this. Seems like Multiscreen wasn't counted in that price as that accounts for the price difference. So now I have to try to argue with them and it was a voice call so probably no record of what I was told. Sigh.

1592935278661.png

Well after getting emails off Sky saying come back and seeing the deals others have got on here I decided to go onto live chat and see what Sky offered me............

So after 1 3/4 hours on live chat I was offered,

Sky sports, Sky movies, signature, HD, Multi room, UHD, Netflix for £42 per month on an 18 month contract.

Very happy with this so I accepted the deal.
I also went for Superfast broadband and phone with talk anytime at additional cost. But I'm very happy with the deal offered for the TV package.

Well after getting emails off Sky saying come back and seeing the deals others have got on here I decided to go onto live chat and see what Sky offered me............

Sky sports, Sky movies, signature, HD, Multi room, UHD, Netflix for £42 per month on an 18 month contract.

I also went for Superfast broadband and phone with talk anytime at additional cost. But I'm very happy with the deal offered for the TV package.
What did you end up paying for the deal in total, if you don’t mind me asking?

I have the same apart from UHD and Netflix because I already have Netflix on girlfriends sky account I can use that I imagine as 4 people can use it. I pay £40 for tv and £22 broadband and talk which includes talk anytime hone and abroad so £62 in total

Not as good as others but I got broadband and phone anytime extra for £40.
But considering I was paying £146 prior to leaving Sky its a great saving.
My Virgin deal for TV and fast broadband is good but the phone is crap, the phone bill side of it with Virgin actually costs me more a month than the new Sky deal !!!
And Virgin V6 box is CRAP !!

Is anyone on here paying extra for Sky Go Extra? I've received a VIP offer for free Sky Go Extra.

I have Netflix already and put it on my girlfriends sky q box when I upgraded her to sky q along with sports and movies mainly for me as I love my football. I had sky installed yesterday at my address as I live at different address from my girlfriend and logged into Netflix.
i see there is ultimate tv for an extra £4 I was just curious is it worth it? I notice my girlfriend gets Netflix programes on her home screen as I upgraded her to ultimate tv because it’s cheaper than Netflix monthly fee and signed in with my email address hat I use for Netflix. I was paying which I think was £10. I’m not sure if it’s worth upgrading to ultimate tv myself as well

Hi @Bacus , can you please share the split for each of them.

After analyzing and collecting data from Post 1151 to 1309, the below is my conclusion and we should all try to get a deal close to the below. i have taken data posted by 23 members. I am mentioning the Cheapest, commonly accepted and the Most expensive some of us have taken. Hope it helps with your negotiations. I recommend working towards the Cheapest.

CHEAPESTBEST COMBINED DEAL SO FAR @ £62COMMONLY ACCEPTEDHIGHEST ACCEPTED
Sky Signature1212172312 was cheapest
17 was commonly agreed
23 was the highest accepted
Sky HD12261 was the cheapest
2 was commonly agreed
6 was the highest
Sky Cinema498-9194 was the cheapest
8,9 was commonly agreed
19 was highest accepted
Multi-screen5107.5-9 AND
12.55 was the cheapest
12.5 was commonly agreed and is the Highest
7.5 to 9 was also common
Sky Sports - Complete458,11,12,15,16,17184 and 5 was the cheapest
8, 11,12, 15 was also common
16, 17 was the most common
18 was the highest accepted
Sky Kids1151 was the cheapest and common
5 was the most expensive
Sky Sports HD2222Common at 2. 1 person got it free
Ultimate add on4106Cheapest at 4.
Commonly accepted at 10
UHD0006cheapest at 0
6 was the highest
Broadband22222529Not many people went with broadband. So cheapest was 22.
Common at 25
29 was highest
Ultimate On demand003Cheapest and common at 0,
Highest at 3

Last edited:
After analyzing and collecting data from Post 1151 to 1309, the below is my conclusion and we should all try to get a deal close to the below. i have taken data posted by 23 members. I am mentioning the Cheapest, commonly accepted and the Most expensive some of us have taken. Hope it helps with your negotiations. I recommend working towards the Cheapest.

CHEAPESTCOMMONLY ACCEPTEDHIGHEST ACCEPTED
Sky Signature12172312 was cheapest
17 was commonly agreed
23 was the highest accepted
Sky HD1261 was the cheapest
2 was commonly agreed
6 was the highest
Sky Cinema48-9194 was the cheapest
8,9 was commonly agreed
19 was highest accepted
Multi-screen57.5-9 AND
9.55 was the cheapest
12.5 was commonly agreed
7.5 to 9 was also common
Sky Sports - Complete48,11,12,15,16,17184 and 5 was the cheapest
8, 11,12, 15 was also common
16, 17 was the most common
18 was the highest accepted
Sky Kids1151 was the cheapest and common
5 was the most expensive
Sky Sports HD222Common at 2. 1 person got it free
Ultimate add on4106Cheapest at 4.
Commonly accepted at 10
UHD006cheapest at 0
6 was the highest
Broadband22.532529Not many people went with broadband. So cheapest was 22.53.
Common at 25
29 was highest
Ultimate On demand003Cheapest and common at 0,
Highest at 3
Excellent work, thank you.

I have just given notice. Currently have the basic package (Sky Entertainment) at £22 plus Sport at £11, Sport HD at £2 = Total £35.

They now want £38p.m. for the current service on Sky+ Box or Sky Q box at nil installation cost. £20 admin fee.

That feels high against your table, so I'll see if they are any more serious now.

Aggregating your costs it feels like Cheapest £18 to £30 Commonly Accepted would be ballpark (albeit I'm sure there will be a typical minimum cost p.m.)

Excellent work, thank you.

I have just given notice. Currently have the basic package (Sky Entertainment) at £22 plus Sport at £11, Sport HD at £2 = Total £35.

They now want £38p.m. for the current service on Sky+ Box or Sky Q box at nil installation cost. £20 admin fee.

That feels high against your table, so I'll see if they are any more serious now.

Aggregating your costs it feels like Cheapest £18 to £30 Commonly Accepted would be ballpark (albeit I'm sure there will be a typical minimum cost p.m.)

The person who got Sports at £4, got Signature for 18, and the person who got £5 for Sports, paid 12 for Signature. 2 people who paid 8 for Sport, paid 17 for Signature.

The average bills of people who took Signature and Sports along with Sports HD was between 39 to 82. (they had other packages).

Hope the above details help. Try to close less than £30

Is anyone on here paying extra for Sky Go Extra? I've received a VIP offer for free Sky Go Extra.
I presumed Sky Go Extra was free for all VIP customers and didn't realise they still charged for it. We were offered it for free about 3 years ago and haven't had to pay extra for it since.

I presumed Sky Go Extra was free for all VIP customers and didn't realise they still charged for it. We were offered it for free about 3 years ago and haven't had to pay extra for it since.
Thank you gents. I've just downloaded the Sky Go app on my iPhone and logged in. It fired up fine and I can view channels and also see my recorded programmes and download these my phone. So, is this Sky Go Extra? Or just plain Sky Go? If the latter, what's the difference between vanilla and Extra?

I believe Sky Go extra allows you to use up to 4 devices while the basic only allows 2.
It's free so might as sign up for it seeing as how much Sky have taken from me over the years :smashin:

Thank you gents. I've just downloaded the Sky Go app on my iPhone and logged in. It fired up fine and I can view channels and also see my recorded programmes and download these my phone. So, is this Sky Go Extra? Or just plain Sky Go? If the latter, what's the difference between vanilla and Extra?
Maybe helpful.

And the award for negotiating the best deal will go to @tony kop77 . Congratulations!!

sky signature £12
sky sports complete pack £5
sky cinema £9
sky sports HD £2
sky HD £2
multiscreen £10 I might cancel that
sky broadband super fast and talk anytime extra

tv £40 phone and broadband £22.53

18 month deal and contract. Free installation and £50 credit

Just to prove the deal I got and in the pic it includes multi room, talk anytime which includes calls abroad and broadband along with TV

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-115707_My Sky.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-115707_My Sky.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 152
Flyer from Sky this morning in the post with an £18/month offer to subscribe to the complete sports package again. Not clear if it includes HD.

I went back to complain about price not being as offered (see this post). They reduced it to £50.50 by taking an extra £5 off of Signature. Couldn't be bothered trying to talk to managers and stuff so whatever, it'll do. Still £5 cheaper than last year. My package weirdly implies it doesn't include UHD but it has always looked like that and UHD has always worked so not sure what that's about. Might add Netflix for £4 as currently paying separately.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom