How to get a good Sky Q deal - Part 2

Full package and great value.
Okay. I've got the top Netfix package so don't wnat to be paying twice or have t ohave a new account. Do you somehow link them across and then just pay Sky?

Okay. I've got the top Netfix package so don't wnat to be paying twice or have t ohave a new account. Do you somehow link them across and then just pay Sky?
There is a method but I don't know it. We first subscribed to Netflix with this deal.

Just tell Sky you want to add Netflix to your Sky subscription and its all done automatically. You don't have any additional Netflix account. You can also still watch Netflix through your Netflix TV app and on 4 other devices. You won't get billed twice, it will only be Sky TV taking your discounted Netflix subscription.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

Just tell Sky you want to add Netflix to your Sky subscription and its all done automatically. You don't have any additional Netflix account. You can also still watch Netflix through your Netflix TV app and on 4 other devices. You won't get billed twice, it will only be Sky TV taking your discounted Netflix subscription.
I've already got a Netflix subscription as previously said so how do I add that to Sky?

Yes but is that a new account or my existing one?
Sky just take over your existing account.
All you do is call Sky and tell them to link your full Netflix account to your Sky account, that's it. Nothing else for you to do at all. You can watch Netflix via SkyQ box, via your Netflix TV app or 4 other smart devices. You will NOT get any more monthly bills from Netflix. Honestly it is really simple mate.

I don't have Netflix, but I believe you just login to your Netflix account on the Sky box after it's been linked.
Yes I can watch Netflix on the Sky Q box with my exisiting subscription but the query was about the cost etc

All you do is call Sky and tell them to link your full Netflix account to your Sky account, that's it. Nothing else for you to do at all. You can watch Netflix via SkyQ box, via your Netflix TV app or 4 other smart devices. You will NOT get any more monthly bills from Netflix. Honestly it is really simple mate.
That's all I needed to know lol Alas it took half a dozen answers to get there :laugh:

I had the option of using my not in use Netflix account or creating a new one. I could do this via My Shy Q box or on the email that sky sent within minutes of adding netfix to my account.

I had the option of using my not in use Netflix account or creating a new one. I could do this via My Shy Q box or on the email that sky sent within minutes of adding netfix to my account.
All I did was tell Sky and that was it.
Even when I left Sky for a couple of months I was reverted back to Netflix's monthly subscription automatically.
When I went back to Sky and told them to add Netflix again they did everything.

Rang Sky and got my Netflix account linked okay. However I discovered that they'd cocked up my bill yet again. The term brewery etc would be appropriate.

Just ended my contract with BT sport mainly on basis that I can’t get ultra hd as have Sky Q box. If I went with Sky for BT sport could I get 4K then or would I be restricted to normal HD. I realise that BT only do ultra hd through BT box or Apple TV but unfortunately have neither, and my Sony OLED doesn’t support the BT app.

Any thoughts or recommendations guys...?

Have you thought about getting your broadband through Virgin and get a bundle with BT Sports included in UHD and a V6 box? I pay £44 for the above with a speed of 200gb.

Have you thought about getting your broadband through Virgin and get a bundle with BT Sports included in UHD and a V6 box? I pay £44 for the above with a speed of 200gb.
Got broad with sky 87meg which is fast enough for me really

Got broad with sky 87meg which is fast enough for me really
My point was that for me to add BT sport through Sky is £25. If the Virgin bundle is £44 then that makes their broadband £19 plus you get it as UHD along with a V6 box which you may be put into another room. This may make sky multi room option redundant also

Is there any deal for new customers like friends and family? Interested only in Sky TV packages. Would appreciate if someone could PM with any deals? Thanks

Just ended my contract with BT sport mainly on basis that I can’t get ultra hd as have Sky Q box. If I went with Sky for BT sport could I get 4K then or would I be restricted to normal HD. I realise that BT only do ultra hd through BT box or Apple TV but unfortunately have neither, and my Sony OLED doesn’t support the BT app.

Any thoughts or recommendations guys...?
Xbox One X can play BT Sport in 4K HDR. That’s a good alternative as I was in same boat as you, got Sky Q but wanted BT Sport 4K.

I've negotiated a new deal yesterday via online messaging after starting the cancel process.

My package had gone up to £86 a month (previous deal was £50 & then £53 following price rise).
I was on Sky+HD box with :-
Entertainment
Box sets
Kids
HD
Sports+sports HD
Cinema

New deal is £45, with a new Sky Q 1tb box
signature = £15
kids= £1
HD = £2
Sports (incl HD) = £15
Cinema = £8
Ultimate with Netflix = £4

So a saving on my previous deal with netflix added. May or may not have got it lower if i'd gone further down the cancellation route, but deal seems to me to be in line with what others have been getting recently.

Also they waived the £20 admin charge after I had pointed out that I had spent £30 last October on a reconditioned Sky+ box after the previous one had stopped working.

Incidentally on mydeals this morning it is showing option to add Multiscreen for £10, which I am contemplating. Was going to add a 2nd TV in kitchen with just Freeview channels, but that means sorting out the aerial leads, but i'm thinking now may add multiscreen instead so don't need to sort out the aerial leads. Should have asked about multiscreen yesterday.

I have got a 3 week wait before the engineer visit for the Sky Q, I've got mixed feelings on this, on one hand I am eager to get Netflix, but on the other it gives me plenty of time to watch the recordings on the old box.

Not sure if this is the right thread but following getting our new Sky TV deal recently they phoned to offer a great sim only deal, 10gb for £7.50 a month. Account is in my husband's name & he needed to give the go ahead so we phoned them back this weekend. We were told there was nothing showing on our account regarding this and £7.50 was a student only deal so I renewed with Tesco mobile at £9.50 for 10gb on Sunday instead. Then on Monday Sky phoned back saying did I want the £7.50 deal. Of course we did, explained what had happened, advisor said it was showing on our account and we shouldn't have been told that, still in 14 day cooling off period with Tesco mobile so cancelled and took out 4 x 10gb sim only deals with Sky mobile for only £30 a month instead. They've also added some data to our piggybank because of being told the wrong thing when we called them. I love that we'll be able to roll over unused data and can watch Sky on our mobiles without using any.
How have you found sky mobile? I am thinking of switching to them?

How have you found sky mobile? I am thinking of switching to them?
I love that you can piggy bank unused data and roll it onto any sim on the account. It was very handy when we were on holiday last month and both teenagers were getting through more than usual, it’s really easy to do via the app as well. Just as well considering their extra data packs are quite expensive compared to some other providers I’ve been with. I also like that we can watch any Sky channel on our phones and it doesn’t use data although we haven’t done this regularly, especially as there was no sport for months during lockdown. Downside for me is their customer service, there was a sporadic signal issue a few months back, it turned out to be a mast fault and was repaired within a few days once I’d reported it but Sky mobile were difficult to contact and report this to. Tesco mobile’s customer service was always fantastic and they were quick and easy to get hold of, they would also help over Twitter but you have to phone Sky mobile.
If I can get another good deal when this one ends I’ll renew all 4 sim contracts with Sky, if not I’ll see what’s available elsewhere.

I love that you can piggy bank unused data and roll it onto any sim on the account. It was very handy when we were on holiday last month and both teenagers were getting through more than usual, it’s really easy to do via the app as well. Just as well considering their extra data packs are quite expensive compared to some other providers I’ve been with. I also like that we can watch any Sky channel on our phones and it doesn’t use data although we haven’t done this regularly, especially as there was no sport for months during lockdown. Downside for me is their customer service, there was a sporadic signal issue a few months back, it turned out to be a mast fault and was repaired within a few days once I’d reported it but Sky mobile were difficult to contact and report this to. Tesco mobile’s customer service was always fantastic and they were quick and easy to get hold of, they would also help over Twitter but you have to phone Sky mobile.
If I can get another good deal when this one ends I’ll renew all 4 sim contracts with Sky, if not I’ll see what’s available elsewhere.
Do you get a discount for having mutli sim?

Thank you for the detailed response

Do you get a discount for having mutli sim?

Thank you for the detailed response
I’m not sure but I don’t think so, they don’t advertise that you do but it’s always worth asking them. They just happened to phone us when our previous mobile contracts were ending. I could have had just 1 sim at the reduced price I think (sorry I can’t remember now exactly what was said by them). They supposedly offered us the reduced price as we have Sky VIP and a few days before had renewed our TV contract with them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom