How to get a good Sky Q deal - Part 2

Having a quick look and Now TV seems like a good option on the face of it.

Entertainment Pass £8.99 and in essence you seem to get multi-room and I think HD.

This plus Netflix running off Apple TV and the occasional Day Pass for Sports events?

Still looking at options for alternatives to Sky (Freesat / Now TV etc) and looking at costs (set-up and long term etc) but I would still be open to keeping Sky if there was a good deal - and there are still 3 weeks to go on the contract.

Are the deals that are open to advisors fixed for a period of time? That is, my previous offer of £67.50 was made in May, but in June the offer is now £74. Do offers become available during the month - or is the offer fixed until July (when I will have left)

Still looking at options for alternatives to Sky (Freesat / Now TV etc) and looking at costs (set-up and long term etc) but I would still be open to keeping Sky if there was a good deal - and there are still 3 weeks to go on the contract.

Are the deals that are open to advisors fixed for a period of time? That is, my previous offer of £67.50 was made in May, but in June the offer is now £74. Do offers become available during the month - or is the offer fixed until July (when I will have left)
I left sky at the end of December, when I was in the 31 notice period sky called me but the offer was no better than what was in the “my offers” section of my online account with sky, after 2 months away, I received a call with a good offer,that was less than the best deal in December, but by then I realised I wasn’t really missing sky and declined.

Ask to cancel and then take the offer of speaking to retentions. Remain polite and you never know what they may offer.

Hi guys, did exactly as Toon Army says....called Sunday and was quoted £73 for all tv except Netflix and Disney, previous cost was discounted to £65 for same, said I would think about it.....20 mins later I thought its better to cancel and control the situation so called back to cancellations, got another person who could see my previous conversation, explained that I would rather take control but within 5 mins had a no nonsense deal for £57....clear and polite seemed to have worked!!!!! good luck

As per my previous posts i left a while back and as a family we havent been particularly missing it (no sports on at the mo). I returned the equipment and also installed a Multi L&B so we have both freesat and Sky Q option for future proofing if required.
I've just received a letter from them with a 'comback10' offer. Webpage is: sky.com/comeback10

Prices are not listed on the webpage but on the letter I'm quoted (you can add / subtract whatever you like)

Signature + Cinema - £23 a month
Sports - £13 a month
Ultimate TV Add on - £6
Kids - £1
HD - £2
Ultra HD - £3
Multiscreen - £9

For the package i had previously (don't need kids), i make that £56 a month, the frustrating thing is i don't need cinema at all - so may call and see if i can get that reduced. It's really only Sport thats making me reconsider. The number on the letter is: 03337594790

Hopefully, that helps someone :)

Rob

I’ve been with Sky over 15 years and only have TV. My package is Ent, Box sets, Kids, Cinema, HD, Multi, See it first, Sports and is going up to £100pm. I also only have a V1 2TB box so no HDR and the older remote. We hardly ever use the multi-room and don’t watch much on Sky. I do like the F1 and the functionality and the kids use it most.

I called about cancelling and was quoted as below. At first Multi wasn’t discounted but on querying because of VIP she took £1.50 off. I didn’t ask to cancel yet, so this wasn’t with retentions, nor did I re-contract.

For the package below what price should I be aiming for? How come ultra HD isn’t listed as per some other deals on here? I asked about it and she said it was included. I would also want a V3 box. What is ultimate TV add on? Think I may give the number above a call as that deal looks much better and is £57. Oh and sky want a £20 admin charge too.

Signature £30 £25

Kids £5 £1

HD £6 £3

Sports £34 £20

Cinema £19 £11

Multiroom £14 £12.50

Total £100 £71.50

I've just received a letter from them with a 'comback10' offer. Webpage is: sky.com/comeback10

Sadly that page doesn't seem to work for me.

Also how close can you come to sky with freeview/freesat? I have an LG B7 TV and have to say I've never tried the freeview on it :blush:. Maybe it's time to give it a go.

Last edited:
For the package below what price should I be aiming for? How come ultra HD isn’t listed as per some other deals on here? I asked about it and she said it was included. I would also want a V3 box. What is ultimate TV add on? Think I may give the number above a call as that deal looks much better and is £57.
If you take Multiroom + HD, Ultra HD is usually free, but do get them to confirm. Ultimate TV add on is Netflix, normally £6 (although I was offered this for £4 the other day, but the overall total was more expensive).

I've just spent 90 minutes (!) on live chat plus 30 minute wait in queue (I was going to try the SMS option today, but only phone/chat was listed as an option today, whereas yesterday it was only phone/messenger/sms) and this is lowest I have got to so far compared to one previous attempt on live chat and two phone calls:

Signature: £17 (usually £30)
Sports £17 (usually £30)
HD £2 (usually £6)
Cinema £8 (usually £19)
UHD Free for 18 months (usually £4)
Multiscreen £12.50 (usually £14)
Ultimate tv (netflix) £6
Total Cost £62.50
(discount is 42% off, apparently, according to the "usuallys", or 20% off new customer price)

At the end, I asked if I could be put through to the cancellation department, but they said they were retentions and were the last step before cancellation - I had to ask because the start of the chats always make them seem like general sales as they try to get you to switch broadband to them first or reconfigure your channel selection.

This is better than I've been able to get over the phone, so far. They would also do the above without Netflix for £56.50. Have been with Sky for nearly 15 years (15 years later this month) - contract ran out last month.

Last edited:
Thanks am just on the phone. £57.50 now inc kids at £1 so same deal it seems. They said the same to me re: retentions. Also £10 admin fee. Did you pay one? Now to try for a V3 box.

It does make me laugh. First £74 is best then best is £71.50 and then they find some more discount down the back of the couch.

Also to add I phoned and was straight through twice, so at least I haven't wasted too much time.

Last edited:
When you phone can you get straight through to cancellations or do you have to go through re tensions first

I said "to cancel my account" and then selected option 2 I think. I mentioned to the lady about retentions and them having better deals as I didn't want to waste time and she said she was the retensions department.

I said "to cancel my account" and then selected option 2 I think. I mentioned to the lady about retentions and them having better deals as I didn't want to waste time and she said she was the retensions department.
Iv just had the same call just got off the phone and all they would offer me the package iv got after adding my VIP discount (20 years ) for £65 told her thats still to much. Whats annoying is other people are getting better deals than me and havent been that long with sky so VIP means nothing, then tried to get me to knock some of the things off to get the price down but said thats still no good if im going to be locked into another contract for 18 months. So told here to put me through to cancellations then she said that i was ready talking to cancellations ok then told her to carry on with processing cancel, so now got 31 days before i get cut off 4 - July. so can only see what happens now, she put a note on the system saying cost to much see if i get a call if not then it will go.

I got
2tb
Sky signature £17
Cinema £11
Sport £3
Kids £1
Hd sport £2
Hd £2
Uhd £1
Ultimate £6
£42 total plus £10 admin fee

That sports price is seriously low. Is that for 18 months, or will it go up when sports resumes?

Adding on multi and deducting ultimate would be about £48.50pm.

Last edited:
That sports price is seriously low. Is that for 18 months, or will it go up when sports resumes?

Adding on multi and deducting ultimate would be about £48.50pm.
Yup no increases, multi was offered at £9 but don't really need it why would you deduct ultimate?

Yup no increases, multi was offered at £9 but don't really need it why would you deduct ultimate?

Just to compare it to me. I've been offered that for £57.50 pm but it seems your offer would have it at £45pm. My multi is £12.50 but ultimate (is that just netflix which I have?) was £4. It annoys me how when you explain other deals you have read about they say "we can't discuss others prices" and "deals change daily". They almost imply you are making it up. They said cooling off is 31 days. Is this correct? I thought it was 14. Maybe better deals were available a week or 2 back, which is a shame as I always seem to miss out with sky.

Last edited:
Iv just had the same call just got off the phone and all they would offer me the package iv got after adding my VIP discount (20 years ) for £65 told her thats still to much. Whats annoying is other people are getting better deals than me and havent been that long with sky so VIP means nothing, then tried to get me to knock some of the things off to get the price down but said thats still no good if im going to be locked into another contract for 18 months. So told here to put me through to cancellations then she said that i was ready talking to cancellations ok then told her to carry on with processing cancel, so now got 31 days before i get cut off 4 - July. so can only see what happens now, she put a note on the system saying cost to much see if i get a call if not then it will go.
Don't forget to check sky.com/mydeal now you've cancelled. Let us know if anything interesting is offered.

1591221141173.png

This is my new deal. Includes Netflix & fibre broadband (No sports or Cinema). It's actually £48 a month as they cocked up price & gave me £18 credit to cover. Was going up to £90 next month end of contract. Same package I had but now with UHD

View attachment 1311629

This is my new deal. Includes Netflix & fibre broadband (No sports or Cinema). It's actually £48 a month as they cocked up price & gave me £18 credit to cover. Was going up to £90 next month end of contract. Same package I had but now with UHD
When did they offer you that deal before your contract ran out or after also did you go down the cancel route and if so how long after you cancelled

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom