How to get into the file menu of Word .

6Antique9

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, hope you are staying safe. I have a error message problem with Word (2007) but still working ok except yesterday I started to get a error message each time i opened or closed Word. WinZipExpressForOffice has fired an exception. I checked on the internet and found an answer but I don't know how to get in to Word file to delete WinZip add on. HELP!

Does Winzip itself or it's uninstaller not provide this option?

Yes, sorry, I did a little more digging and found the options. The advice on the net was to find winzipexpress in the options but not sure about "should I delete it"?

You have 3 option to get rid of this issue: (3rd one is the fastest and suitable in most cases)

1. If you don't need Winzip express and installed it unintentionally along with some other application as an addon then you can Uninstall it from your Windows control panel. (in case you need help here, then just search on youtube "how to uninstall a software/application from windows <your version of installed windows>" its fairly simple.

2. Uninstall or remove the recent app/software that have installed (in point 1 above), after which you started getting this exception error message. It will possibly be a text editor related app or something that you can better figure out.

3. Disable WinZipExpressForOffice add-in from the MS Word options by following the below steps:

a) In your Word application, Go to File (button)-> Options -> Add-ins (from left column of menus):

b) You will be seeing WinZipExpressForOffice under Active Application Add-ins.

c) Now check at the bottom of the window under Manage (list menu) select COM Add-ins, hit Go button.

d) Uncheck WinZipExpressForOffice, click Accept, it will give the same exception error pop up one final time - Click OK on the dialog box.

You should be good to go.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-11 at 4.30.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-11 at 4.30.57 PM.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 53
Thanks Johnbuddy, what would I do without AVforums and you guys.

Stay safe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom