Answered How to listen to digital music on Arcam AVR200

Graingey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi There, it seems I have a good but older set up that is all new but I have only ever had it boxed up and now I am looking at putting it together and need some help. I am unsure how I can play music on here as it will just be for music and not connected to a TV. I don't have any CDs left a anymore so do I even need the dv88? and would like some advice on if I can play music with mobile phones wirelessly or an external Hard drive as I am not even sure the 200 has USB. Here is my set up. If you can possibly steer me in the right direction

Arcam AVR200
Arcam Diva DV88
Bowers and Wilkins 7 series 2 x floor standing speakers
Mission surround speakers rear x 2
Bowers and Wilkins sub woofer ASW600

Many thanks. Nick

Last edited:
You'll need some sort of source to plug in to the AVR200. Do you have a budget in mind and are you thinking of using a streaming service like Spotify or Google Play Music or will it be your own ripped CDs you'll be streaming?

2 decent budget options are either a Chromecast audio or a teufel connector.

The Chromecast audio has been discontinued but can still be purchased from various sources. It has both analogue and an optical connection both of which could be used to connect to your AVR. The CCA works best with streaming services. There's no native support for streaming your own music files but if you add the excellent BubbleUPNP app to your android phone you can stream just about any file on your network or device.

The tuefel connector is a more expensive option but still very cheap at £120ish and has been highly recommended on here.
Teufel Connector : Buy online at Teufel

jamie, Thanks for getting back to me and so quickly. I wont be signing up to any services for music I don't think. It's actually for a large holiday let and so there will be a lot of people staying at the house over time in groups of 20. This means I thought it would be easier if there was something I could add that would allow them to either plug in their phone or wirelessly connect or plug in a ex HD. Is there a way that I could connect my two large IPODS which then I could have different selections of music on? Nick Maybe that would be easier. But just was not sure if there was something where they could connect their phone as I assume if someone is holidaying thats how they would store their music.

Simple 3.5mm to 3.5mm will work for any phone with a headphone socket. Do bare in mind these will likely go missing after each guest stay though..

Chromecast is the other alternative as that can work as a wifi streamer.

The Tibo Bond 2 would be ideal - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Line Input at a great price and covers pretty much all of the bases.

Guests can simply connect their Phone or Tablet via Bluetooth and use their own streaming services so no need to download an App.

You connect the Bond 2 to the AVR, connect the Front LR speakers and that would be your system.

https://tmfsolutions.co.uk/product/tibo-bond-2/

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom