Question How to remote control a distant android phone on a local android phone

satimis

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to remote control a distant android phone (say phone-A) on a local android phone (say phone-B). Both phones are NOT connected to Internet nor WiFi network. I have been googling several days reading documents searched but can't find solution. Would AirMore be my choice? Using Hotspot or Bluetooth? But the former sill needs WiFi connection.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Regards
satimis

What do you mean by “remote control”, what are you trying to accomplish?
Whatever you're trying to do will need an internet connection.

What do you mean by “remote control”, what are you trying to accomplish?
Whatever you're trying to do will need an internet connection.
Hi,

What I intend to achieve is for taking photos and video, using phone-B to control phone-A, the camera. The screen of phone-A will be cast on phone-B so that I can operate the function/feature of phone-A, the camera, on the screen of phone-B. Both phones are NOT connected to Internet.

In my previous searching I was aware that it is possible using WiFi. But on open ground there is no WiFi service provided. I wonder whether it would be possible using Bluetooth to get the job done.

Thanks

satimis

You can imagine how this is beginning to sound suspicious.

In any event bluetooth is limited by distance between devices, so what distance are you thinking of? As @JayCee has stated, you would need either WiFi or internet connection. As far as I'm aware there are 3 apps that work to control an android device, Remodroid, Teamviewer, and Airdroid.

Just create a hotspot or wifi AP on one of the phones and connect the other to it. You probably won't need full internet access for this.

Your range will be limited to 10-50 metres or so, as the signal won't be strong enough to go much further. For long range mobile network access will be required.

- snip -

In any event bluetooth is limited by distance between devices, so what distance are you thinking of? As @JayCee has stated, you would need either WiFi or internet connection.
Hi,

The phones are mounted at each end of a monopod of about 3 feet in length.

If Bluetooth couldn't solve my problem I would prefer using Tethering technology;
Tethering

i.e. with one phone connected to Internet via mobile network company and sharing the network to another phone with Tethering

As far as I'm aware there are 3 apps that work to control an android device, Remodroid, Teamviewer, and Airdroid.
Thanks

In my previous searching on Internet I found several suggestions and TeamViewer will be my first choice.

Best Ways to Control Android from Android

How to remotely control Android phone (2 Methods)

AirDroid works over Wi-Fi Via Web Browser.

Regards
satimis

Just create a hotspot or wifi AP on one of the phones and connect the other to it. You probably won't need full internet access for this.
Thanks for your advice.

Just found following article;
How to Create a Mobile Hotspot with an Android Phone

I'll try the steps recommended.

Your range will be limited to 10-50 metres or so, as the signal won't be strong enough to go much further. For long range mobile network access will be required.
The distance between 2 phones is only 3 feet

Regards
satimis

Hi all,

Performed following test;

Internet access is a MUST !

Phone-A
Host Phone (with SIM card to connect Internet)
(enable "Mobile Hotspot Tethering)
install
TeamViewer Control Remote Device

Phone-B
Client Phone (to be controlled)(without SIM card)
install
TeamViewer QuickSupport
and
Add-On: Medion X5004

Remote-control Phone-B on Phone-A works without problem.

It is possible reversing them, Phone-A as Client Phone and Phone-B as Host Phone.

I'm still struggling to find a solution with Bluetooth, i.e Phone-to-Phone without Internet access.

Regards
satimis

Not sure what you are asking, the obvious answer being yes.
I'm looking for an application to connect phone-to-phone directly using WiFi or Bluetooth but without going through Internet. I shall use one phone as camera and another as controller to navigate the camera directly.

TeamViewer can do a good job but it needs Internet to work.

I'm looking for an application to connect phone-to-phone directly using WiFi or Bluetooth but without going through Internet. I shall use one phone as camera and another as controller to navigate the camera directly.

Sorry I misread the bit on reversal and read it as can I reverse them. Not sure your going to get anywhere with Bluetooth as it has it's limitations.

TeamViewer doesn't need the Internet to work, it just needs a network to work. I've used it plenty of times on a local area network.

You may be able to do it when you create a bluetooth PAN, but I simply don't get why you'd want to do that as you just limit yourself, not just in distance but also in speed.

TeamViewer doesn't need the Internet to work, it just needs a network to work. I've used it plenty of times on a local area network.
No I have tried using;
Samsung Galaxy S6+ (an old phone without SIM card unable to connect Internet)
Samsung galaxy tab s2 (an notepad without phone feature)

They find each another via Wifi direct. But they can't connected on TeamViewer without IP address.

You may be able to do it when you create a bluetooth PAN, but I simply don't get why you'd want to do that as you just limit yourself, not just in distance but also in speed.
Actually what I'm going to achieve is using an mobile phone as controller to control another mobile phone as camera, both without Internet access. The camera is mounted on a camera monopod and the controller is mounted on the handle of the latter.

Regards
satimis

No I have tried using;
Samsung Galaxy S6+ (an old phone without SIM card unable to connect Internet)
Samsung galaxy tab s2 (an notepad without phone feature)

They find each another via Wifi direct. But they can't connected on TeamViewer without IP address.

Actually what I'm going to achieve is using an mobile phone as controller to control another mobile phone as camera, both without Internet access. The camera is mounted on a camera monopod and the controller is mounted on the handle of the latter.

Regards
satimis
WiFi direct isn’t the same as having a network. Just like having a network doesn’t mean you have to have Internet. You just need to know the IP address of the other device and then you can connect to it.

WiFi direct isn’t the same as having a network. Just like having a network doesn’t mean you have to have Internet. You just need to know the IP address of the other device and then you can connect to it.
Thanks for your advice.

I understand what you have explained, using a WiFi router with the cable linked to ISP (Internet) disconnected. But if taking photo/video outside in open ground (i.e. Outdoor) without WiFi service still I couldn't use TeamViewer.

Hello, I am looking for the same as you, an app that allows me to control an Android device from another Android and at the same time allow me to see the screen remotely using Bluetooth. Have you got the app?.

I found a possible solution to improve the bluetooth distance. This is this device that can extend the signal for kilometers. There are several models: Long Range Bluetooth

(I used google translate)

Thanks for your advice.

I understand what you have explained, using a WiFi router with the cable linked to ISP (Internet) disconnected. But if taking photo/video outside in open ground (i.e. Outdoor) without WiFi service still I couldn't use TeamViewer.
You can use p2p offline call app by Amos Yau or ip webcam app by pavel khlebovich.These apps dont need internet only both should be wifi & hotspot connected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-25-23-04-10-363_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-25-23-04-10-363_com.android.vending.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_2020-05-25-23-04-00-208_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-25-23-04-00-208_com.android.vending.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 98

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom