How To Remove the Red Tint on a 9G Kuro using a Harmony Remote

And where did that list come from, some cobblers off the internet, or actual verified Manufacturers figures, so I still take it as rubbish, sorry pal most are not even available to read anymore, so it's fake news!

And where did that list come from, some cobblers off the internet, or actual verified Manufacturers figures, so I still take it as rubbish, sorry pal most are not even available to read anymore, so it's fake news!
It appears you have the habit of popping into people's comments only to say something negative. You've done this to me on multiple occasions before as well. Maybe you should consider being less of a cu@t. It's hard for me to understand why you would want to be like this, be better.

The kuro black level has been known for a long time now. All models. I don't know why the numbers i posted is hard to believe. Posting proof is still shrugged off. Some sites with reviews not being available doesn't mean anything. You could do your own research

There are no reviews i can find of the 2009 9.5G 50" models. Point is they do measure 0.0005.

That guy is weird.

The kuro black level has been known for a long time now. All models. I don't know why the numbers i posted is hard to believe. Posting proof is still shrugged off. Some sites with reviews not being available doesn't mean anything. You could do your own research

There are no reviews i can find of the 2009 9.5G 50" models. Point is they do measure 0.0005.

That guy is weird.
I think the guy might have a screw loose or something! Your info is solid.

Doesnt matter really as when tweaked the KRP 50 versions no matter the country can go crazy low in mll.

Doesnt matter really as when tweaked the KRP 50 versions no matter the country can go crazy low in mll.
You are sacrificing something along the way when you make these tweaks no matter how much you don't want to believe it!

You are sacrificing something along the way when you make these tweaks no matter how much you don't want to believe it!

How much I dont wanna believe it? I never said otherwise.....but you can still go very low mll while having a great PQ with the 9.5 Kuros.

When I turn on my Kuero 500 the screen looks all milky, then it turns to black where the red tinge is very obvious, but after about 30 secs the screen goes totally black, this is from a cold start. I notice no red tinge after that so I would be careful about changing voltages, in my case there is no need, the pic is still great.

When I turn on my Kuero 500 the screen looks all milky, then it turns to black where the red tinge is very obvious, but after about 30 secs the screen goes totally black, this is from a cold start. I notice no red tinge after that so I would be careful about changing voltages, in my case there is no need, the pic is still great.

Thats normal.....and yes it shuts off after 30sec or so, but that is not any indication whether you have red tint or not. On normal content it can be judged not vice versa. No harm will come to your kuro by tweaking voltages, as long as you are decently within range.

Thats normal.....and yes it shuts off after 30sec or so, but that is not any indication whether you have red tint or not. On normal content it can be judged not vice versa. No harm will come to your kuro by tweaking voltages, as long as you are decently within range.

I had a 500A for about 10 years - sadly gone now. It developed increasingly bad red tint after about 6 years in. At that point there was some supposed calibration expert on here telling everyone you shouldn’t adjust voltages because it would cause all manner of problems. The only answer according to him was to sue Pioneer and get them to change the panel. Yeah right. He would bang on and on about it and how he was an expert and knew it all and was right. I think he was banned in the end.

I read up all the advice on here from members, added the service code to a Pronto and went in and tweaked the voltages. I did it just once.

The red tint was totally gone, back to inky blacks and it never returned. I sold it for a good price in the end and there was no noticeable red tint even then.

I’m not saying that the image was ”technically” as perfect as it was when I bought it but I certainly couldn’t perceive any difference.

To me it was the most successful tweak I have ever made to a display. Excellent restoration.

I had a 500A for about 10 years - sadly gone now. It developed increasingly bad red tint after about 6 years in. At that point there was some supposed calibration expert on here telling everyone you shouldn’t adjust voltages because it would cause all manner of problems. The only answer according to him was to sue Pioneer and get them to change the panel. Yeah right. He would bang on and on about it and how he was an expert and knew it all and was right. I think he was banned in the end.

I read up all the advice on here from members, added the service code to a Pronto and went in and tweaked the voltages. I did it just once.

The red tint was totally gone, back to inky blacks and it never returned. I sold it for a good price in the end and there was no noticeable red tint even then.

I’m not saying that the image was ”technically” as perfect as it was when I bought it but I certainly couldn’t perceive any difference.

To me it was the most successful tweak I have ever made to a display. Excellent restoration.

Good on you man, yes its def worth it, most def. I think I know whom you are talking about, just plain wrong he was. I still havent seen anyone destroy their kuro by tweaking, in EU and in US the voltage tweaking has been a great success.

Good on you man, yes its def worth it, most def. I think I know whom you are talking about, just plain wrong he was. I still havent seen anyone destroy their kuro by tweaking, in EU and in US the voltage tweaking has been a great success.
funny thing is he even tweaked his own kuro

Hi guys!

Recently obtained a KRP500 for the love of Kuros. It has 55000 hours on it.
Magenta sparkles on white screen at the centre towards the top of the screen. Tried changing vol sus and other settings as suggested here and in avforums.com: Pioneer 8G 9G Kuro Reset Guide - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Used a white screen video on youtube to test. Strange enough, the screen remains white until I press menu on remote and that is when the entire screen lit up like christmas.

Dont think I have the red tint issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi guys!

Recently obtained a KRP500 for the love of Kuros. It has 55000 hours on it.
Magenta sparkles on white screen at the centre towards the top of the screen. Tried changing vol sus and other settings as suggested here and in avforums.com: Pioneer 8G 9G Kuro Reset Guide - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Used a white screen video on youtube to test. Strange enough, the screen remains white until I press menu on remote and that is when the entire screen lit up like christmas.

Dont think I have the red tint issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sounds like the owner did a reset. Luckily its a 500 pio, so you should be able to dial it properly.

My KRP600A displays what i can only describe as red spots that transition away within a second or so when scenes change significantly. I wish I could describe it better, its like a red rash that lasts for a second but its been getting worse recently. It started when I attempted to get rid of a slight red tint that had appeared so I may have messed up a setting.

This has approx 16000 hours and I have a KRP500A with about 5500 hours so the media box is lightly used.

Is it worth me switching media box’s or are the changed settings on the panel?

I love the picture of these TV’s so would hate to have to replace. Other than this phenomenon the 600 performs brilliantly.

Thanks All
Brian

My KRP600A displays what i can only describe as red spots that transition away within a second or so when scenes change significantly. I wish I could describe it better, its like a red rash that lasts for a second but its been getting worse recently. It started when I attempted to get rid of a slight red tint that had appeared so I may have messed up a setting.

This has approx 16000 hours and I have a KRP500A with about 5500 hours so the media box is lightly used.

I love the picture of these TV’s so would hate to have to replace. Other than this phenomenon the 600 performs brilliantly.

Thanks All
Brian
only one voltage needed to be changed

Thanks All
Brian

I highly doubt its the media box. What settings did you touch to get rid of that red tint?

I cant remember as had help from a fellow member who really knew his stuff and kindly lent me a Harmony remote.

I deleted my old PM’s so cant remember his name.

I cant remember as had help from a fellow member who really knew his stuff and kindly lent me a Harmony remote.

I deleted my old PM’s so cant remember his name.

You need to get in SM and alter a bit. Did you write your original values? You should be able to rectify it as long as you have not done a reset on your 600A.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom