How to turn off upscaling on pioneer vsx-534?

SteveCuss

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

My Pioneer vsx-534 is producing a noisy intermittent signal on my Epson EH-TW9200 Projector. I think it is upscaling to 4k that projector does not support but I can't find how to turn it off to confirm this. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Steve

In the manual it says

HDMI input
4K, 1080p/24, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p/576p
• The output from the HDMI OUT jack to the TV is the same resolution as the input. When using a TV that supports 4K, 1080p HDMI video signals can also be output as 4K.

but I get the messy picture regardless of input.. even with Bluetooth as the input.

Is this something which has just started or are these new bits of kit to you/your system?

The projector is an HD device so the option to up-convert to 4K in the AVR ought not to be available to you.

What cabling do you use between the AVR and the Projector?

Have you tried bypassing the AVR as a test of the video connection/Projector?

Joe

Is this something which has just started or are these new bits of kit to you/your system?

The projector is an HD device so the option to up-convert to 4K in the AVR ought not to be available to you.

What cabling do you use between the AVR and the Projector?

Have you tried bypassing the AVR as a test of the video connection/Projector?

Joe
The AVR is new replacing a DenonAVR1312.
The connection from AVR to projector is HDMI.

Plugging in another source directly (xbox, laptop) I get the projector registering no signal at all. The laptop (MacBook) tried multiple res refreshes it seemed.

Last edited:
From page 67 of the manual:-

Pioneer VSX-534 Instruction Manual

Details1080p -> 4K Upscaling

When using a TV that supports 4K, video signals input at 1080p can be automatically upscaled to 4K for output.

"Off": When this function is not to be used

"Auto": When this function is to be used•

Select "Off" if your TV does not support 4K

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom