How to uninstall Chrome

6Antique9

Established Member
Reaction score
Just recently each time I boot up I get this Chrome/Yahoo page opens without me doing anything. I run Windows 10 64 bit. I have tried the uninstall and it takes me to the control/uninstall but its not there. I have deleted the app on the task bar but its still on the program list and its becoming irritating. How can I get rid of it?

Hi,
Question have you download any software lately? If yes then maybe while you was installing it you must have agree to installing a third party software by pressing agree to get through the install quickly also I would suggest you go on control panel then you will see programs under it will be uninstall a program click on that then go through your program list and see if there anything out of the ordinary and if there a software on that list you ain’t sure about do a google search and see what it is if it the culprit then unistall it and see if that helps

I uninstalled two programs I recently downloaded, Unfortunately that hasn't solved the problem. The name on the program start list is "Chromium", The page that comes up when I have re booted is "Yahoo!" The only other program that has a recent date (03/06/20 is "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" could this just be an update?

Also sounds like the kind of behaviour caused by malware. Have you run any malware and virus scanners to check this?

Yes, did a Malwarebytes scan the other day and it came up with 67 files, did another and that came up with 1. Today none but did a bit of research in to the quarantined files and it looks like its something to do with Adobe flash reader. I have not agreed so thought it wasn't fully installed. I will un install it now. Wish me luck because its a bit like getting unwanted emails, irritating. Thanks for your advice and stay safe

I would suggest trying to run malware scan With your internet disconnected and see if that helps if not your last option is to back up all your important documents, pictures, music etc... then do fresh install of the latest window 10 from Microsoft website you wouldn’t need to type in a serial key can skip that part when it ask for it as window 10 key is embedded on the motherboard and should activate automatically without issue that should resolve the issue.

Well that didn't work. I opened the chromium page and went to their site to ask how to un install, windows 10: instructions as follows. 1. on your computer. close all Chrome windows and tabs. 2 Click start menu > settings 3 click apps and features, find and click google chrome. 5. click un install 6 confirm by clicking uninstall. 7 Delete your profile information etc etc. 8 click uninstall. Did this but couldn't find it and it still comes up. I am going to sit in a dark quiet corner for a while.

Think I will just have to live with it. Maybe I can't find it because I never clicked "agree" so had no details or profile. Thanks everyone, not the end of the world. Stay safe

Thanks but no thanks, Too technical for me, I can just about cope using control panel Programs/uninstall. If it gets too annoying I will have to pay an expert but there are more important things going on at the moment.

Stay safe

This problem occurs due to any of your extension

Try this method -

First -

Press win+r and copy-paste and press enter key
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
Now select the Default folder and press shift+delete

open Google Chrome and click on the Menu button three dots and select settings

now search Restore Settings to their original defaults button and click on it

Click on Reset, and this will reset the Chrome browser.

Second Method-

Uninstall chrome browser----follow these steps

press win+r

type control and hit enter

Click on uninstall a program

Now click on Google Chrome and uninstall it completely

I hope, this will help!!:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom