Answered How to use optical amplifier with passive speakers?

luavke

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Chromecast plugged into a Benq W710ST projector and I would like to know how to send the audio to a pair of passive speakers via a digital amplifier - Sony HCD-DZ260.

The speaker out on the Sony amplifier says "only for SS-TS80" but is there an adaptor or am I wasting time?

- Here is the front and back of the Sony digital amp.
IMG_20170204_163931.jpg
IMG_20170204_163957.jpg

And here is the back of my passive speakers:
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 16.50.21.png

Many thanks for any tips
Luke

Last edited:
Its an all in one type thingy. When its saying to connect only said speakers its because they will be a certain ohmage so as not to damage the amplifier.

Do you have the speakers that came with it? Or even the cables with those plugs/adapters on?

What connection does the chromecast have for audio out?

I see. No I don't have those speakers nor cables.
Chromecast is HDMI into the projector and I have been using 3.5mm Jack out of the projector.
Here's the back of the projector:
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 17.23.22.png

oh great thanks. And how do I get into the amp from the projector? Some sort of mini jack to coaxial? or i'll try the 'audio in' mini jack input at the front.
Thanks

Try the 3.6mm jack to jack option. Audio out on pj to audio in on the front of the amp. Otherwise it would be a case of buying an rca to toshlink converter.
CYP AU-D4 DAC

Try the first option and see how you go.

Try the 3.6mm jack to jack option. Audio out on pj to audio in on the front of the amp. Otherwise it would be a case of buying an rca to toshlink converter.
CYP AU-D4 DAC

Try the first option and see how you go.

So I managed to get hold of the proprietary cables and hooked the speakers up with them. Sound is coming through to the Tannoy speakers but even at max volume it's still pretty quiet (I've checked aux, and the inbuilt radio). So I'm guessing there isn't enough power coming through to the speakers? Any ideas?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom