Hue Play HDMI Sync box

The lightstrip is available to pre-order, if interested.,

Well I have managed to get Music Mode and keep the chain I like: Sources>AVR>Sync Box>TV. I have used Zone 2 output to the Box and enable All Zone Stereo. The only thing is that I have to disconnect this cable when I am done with Music and I want to return to video mode, but it is a matter of seconds

The lightstrip is available to pre-order, if interested.,

I noticed that the other day. Really tempted by it but given the problems I’ve had with the box until recently I might wait for others to take the plunge first :D

has anybody used a particular splitter to get an extra HDMI port out of this... im 1 short for my devices and changing the cable is getting annoying... :D

Anyone pulled the trigger on the new gradient light strip yet?

Not yet, look good though. Pity it doesn’t illuminate in all 4 sections, top middle and bottom.

Yeah but could you put either a light strip or a few play bars running along the bottom. I’m just wondering about the fit and how far it would reach down the sides. I have a feeling the strip doesn’t run all the way down each side of my lgc8 65inch.

I don’t think it will, I have a 65CX and I think you have to have it a good 6 inches in from the top and edges, I think that’s why it’s angled slightly

Hmm that’s interesting. I’m running my current light strips and play bars nearer than that to the edges.

I like to see some fitting instructions to be honest.

Wonder if we could away with the 75inch version on a 65 inch Tv?

I don’t think it will, I have a 65CX and I think you have to have it a good 6 inches in from the top and edges, I think that’s why it’s angled slightly
From my understanding and research they say it needs to be fitted 5cm from the edge, my main concern though as an LG Oled 65inch user is how would it fit to the back of these TV's when they have such a big butt.

My gradient strip has arrived and I’ve removed my play bars and old strip from the tv and put the new one on. Still need to tidy up, but it works really well so far. I was hoping to put my play bars on the bottom, but unless I buy a different tv mount they won’t fit. My LG OLED’s butt it too big.
Installation is pretty straightforward, I did try to make sure I got the strip an equal 5cm from the edge all round. The instructions do say if you buy a smaller strip it can be used on a larger tv but you would need to move the strip more to the center.

My gradient strip has arrived and I’ve removed my play bars and old strip from the tv and put the new one on. Still need to tidy up, but it works really well so far. I was hoping to put my play bars on the bottom, but unless I buy a different tv mount they won’t fit. My LG OLED’s butt it too big.
Installation is pretty straightforward, I did try to make sure I got the strip an equal 5cm from the edge all round. The instructions do say if you buy a smaller strip it can be used on a larger tv but you would need to move the strip more to the center.

Did you get the 65" strip for the 65" telly?

I have a 65” OLED with one bar on each side and a 2m striplight covering the top and the part of the sides that bars do not cover. What is the benefit of replacing them by the new gradient striplight?

I got the 65 inch strip for 65 inch tv.
the advantage is that the gradient strip has seven zones so you would have a single colour on top.
I think I need a new wall mount though....I don’t like having no light at the bottom...think it could look way cooler with three play bars at the bottom showing up to three different colours too. (Excuse the mess)
The play bars don’t look quite right in the pic because I just jammed them in to see if I would like it. Lol
ADB8A21C-7763-4004-8133-006F17AC3E49.jpeg

I got the 65 inch strip for 65 inch tv.
the advantage is that the gradient strip has seven zones so you would have a single colour on top.
I think I need a new wall mount though....I don’t like having no light at the bottom...think it could look way cooler with three play bars at the bottom showing up to three different colours too. (Excuse the mess)
The play bars don’t look quite right in the pic because I just jammed them in to see if I would like it. Lol
View attachment 1377036
Looks really good. Ill have 2 light strips and 3 play bars free if I upgrade the this new light strip so could just run them along the bottom.

Checked their website and they’re already sold out.

I definitely want the three play bars on the bottom that I now have free...having the three colours along the bottom too is another big step up from my old single strip.
What’s the bet Philips announces a second gradient strip for the bottom next? ;)

Your so lucky to have recieved yours today, I've got an email today saying that UPS will be delivering mine in 3-4 days. Glad to know you are happy with it. Just a couple of questions if you dont mind.
Did the side strip run along the sides of your big butt Oled ok and can you provide a picture please.
Also is the brightness of the strip the same as the play bars? I've heard the strip isn't as bright.
Many thanks in advance

If you mount it correctly 5 cm in it doesn’t touch the butt thankfully.
It definitely isn’t as bright as the normal strips. I’ve taken a photo with it set to bright white at 100% so you can see. That being said, I never set my old strips and bars to the brightest so it does seem like they’ve got it just right for tv use.
I also chucked the play bars behind my tv unit until decide if I want to get a new mount and the effect is actually pretty cool so they might end up being mounted to the tv unit instead. Lol

758D9DC5-4B7A-418C-9FCE-BCCD75AC31A7.jpeg
E23FE801-C32C-4645-BB82-D7E4CF023C26.jpeg
9CD441FD-B625-4321-8B08-A8007D813956.jpeg

It definitely isn’t as bright as the normal strips. I’ve taken a photo with it set to bright white at 100% so you can see. That being said, I never set my old strips and bars to the brightest so it does seem like they’ve got it just right for tv use.
I also chucked the play bars behind my tv unit until decide if I want to get a new mount and the effect is actually pretty cool so they might end up being mounted to the tv unit instead. Lol

Thanks for the advice and getting back with your response, I think my oled is slightly different to yours, I have a B7, butt let me compliment you on a very clean looking setup you have there, showroom standards, well done m8. I have attached a pic of my OLED's rear, I think I will have issues
20201006_174035.jpg

Oh yeah...I think it could be a small problem. You may find that it still looks ok though... the light might just look a bit uneven near the bottom.

Yep I’ll be in the same position as you. Not entirely sure if it will sit correctly.

Perhaps you could make some sort of spacer that is the same width as the bottom section for the top three mounting pieces. Stick the spacers to the tv and then the mounting pieces onto that.

Perhaps you could make some sort of spacer that is the same width as the bottom section for the top three mounting pieces. Stick the spacers to the tv and then the mounting pieces onto that.
Lol... I actually was thinking the same thing last night. I'll see what I'm up against once the strip arrives

View attachment 1377115

Love the look mate, just need to hide the wires!

Wires are mostly sorted now....definitely keeping the play bars behind the tv unit....the hassle of putting up a new mount helped with that decision. Wish I could take better pictures because I’m pretty impressed with the result.
12E74BAA-FB95-4A27-8A6C-931D9C331AD9.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom