Humax 4K Freesat box

I have just ditched Sky and therefore ability to record on Sky Box. Had expected to replace with Humax Freesat recorder only to discover no longer available. What are my optons for recording (other than w2aiting who knows how long for Aris Version 3)

Rumoured released next month. Freesat are sending out e-mails coming soon.

But it doesn't mention Freesat and 4k on the same line though, does it? (He said somewhat cynically)

But it doesn't mention Freesat and 4k on the same line though, does it? (He said somewhat cynically)

No one expects 4K live broadcast capability on the new box for a very long time, only support for the IP delivered UHD sources,

BBC Iplayer - Free - UHD- HDR using HLG is superb,

Paid for - Amazon Prime and Netflix using Dolby Vision - (with Amazon prime having source framerate matching. Amazon Prime - Smooth playback Netflix jerky playback on tracking shots due to conversion to 60Hz

Free - Plex - from a external Plex server for content stored on say a PC.

Free - Youtube .

I have all the above using a 4K firestick ((cost £25:00).

The only thing I want is to match the multiple recording capabilty of a Humax FVP-5000T from a dish say with a Sky-Q type lnb or similar.

No I realise that Freesat won't do 4k for a while, but does that imply that the 4k box is a non-Freesat box.
I've got the 4k Firestick, but had to pay 29.99 for mine. Seemed rude not to buy it at that price (Got 2 actually)

No I realise that Freesat won't do 4k for a while, but does that imply that the 4k box is a non-Freesat box.
I've got the 4k Firestick, but had to pay 29.99 for mine. Seemed rude not to buy it at that price (Got 2 actually)

No I would expect it to at least deliver 4K IP-TV services from iplayer, prime and netflix. Pretty much what you get from your 4K firesticks. I would though expect it to provide multiple recording capability from the freesat-epg from the available HD ( 4 or more at the same time), sources and like the FVP-5000T have the capability to upscale same to 2160p. Though the latter may or may not improve the picture.

My FVP-5000T gives the best picture on my 4K TV when set to 1080i (native broadcast);

Like Some existing Freesat kit you might find a LCN for the SES Astra UHD demo channel.

Being a freesat device I would not expect recording capabilty from other than 28.2E. Total guess on the limitations imposed by Freesat on the G2 Humax boxes.

90598870-528C-4FE3-A78B-D735DF12B001.png
poss image of the media box

Nothing to do with Humax. It's made by Arris,

Hunax have ceased production of Freesat+ boxes.

The New Freesat 4K Media Box
217DE7BF-5C44-41C4-BEE0-6A714B0F7C91.png

Its £125 on amazon, I guess recording one will be 200+. We would only get to watch those BBC broadcasts in 4k, is there other 4k channels on Freesat?

Its £125 on amazon, I guess recording one will be 200+. We would only get to watch those BBC broadcasts in 4k, is there other 4k channels on Freesat?

Hearing that image is improved as we should of expected
id imagine using external drive you should be able to record if you purchase the cheaper model ?

need to read more on it .

edit cant record via external drive . :(

Other than one Demo Channel from SES Astra there is none. Only source of 4K including the BBC is IP delivered. You will need a reasonable download speed.

I see yea, will stick to BBC iplayer app for that, stuff in 4k on there works great!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom