Humax FPV 5000T signal test

the whistler

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My normal source is Freesat using a Humax Freesat recorder, but in summer I tend to lose the picture due to neighbours trees, so as a backup I bought (from Humax direct) a refurbished Freeview box. This works fine, but when I checked the signal level in the settings, it displays strength 85% and quality 100% for tuner 1, but tuners 2 and 3 show 0%. All tuners seem to be working OK as I successfully test recorded three programs whilst watching a fourth.

Just wondering if it is normal to show no signal on tuners 2 and 3?

My normal source is Freesat using a Humax Freesat recorder, but in summer I tend to lose the picture due to neighbours trees, so as a backup I bought (from Humax direct) a refurbished Freeview box. This works fine, but when I checked the signal level in the settings, it displays strength 85% and quality 100% for tuner 1, but tuners 2 and 3 show 0%. All tuners seem to be working OK as I successfully test recorded three programs whilst watching a fourth.

Just wondering if it is normal to show no signal on tuners 2 and 3?

You don't say which box, Assuming its a FVP5000T or a FVP4000T

The box shuts down unused tuners presumably to save power.

If you force the box to use 3 tuners they will all show

Start a instant redording from the HD mux say BBC1 HD on 101 - uses tuner 1

Start a second from PSB 2 say ITV on 3 Uses Tuner 2

Start a third from COM 4 say 20 drama - Uses tuner 3

now check the signal again.

Thanks. Yes its a 5000T. I set up some recordings and yes it does show signal levels on all three tuners.

We have two Humax 4000s and one is giving problems. With say three recordings set at 21:00, when the time was reached a prompt came up saying there was a conflict and that it had to drop what we were watching (could be a recording or live) and that it needed to change channel to the timed recording. This never used to happen and last update was some weeks ago.

Ideas please!

TB

Last edited:
You can only record three and watch another if at least two of them are on the same Mux. If you are trying to access four different Mux at the same time, you can't do it with three tuners, you would need four.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom