Answered Humax HDR Fox T2 no audio via hdmi

App DLNA Player by ginkosoft works on Galaxy Tab s2 and unencrypted HD content on HDR-FOX-T2.
Tried this app but its not remote or Fire TV friendly.

Andy others I have tried with no success.

I would love to find something that works.

Carl

Tried this app but its not remote or Fire TV friendly.

Andy others I have tried with no success.

I would love to find something that works.

Carl

Fire TV tablets tend to be very locked down. You might be able to sideload the app.

Best to ask on a thread for your tablet.

Graham sorry for any confusion but I don’t have any tablets. I have the Fire Tv box

I have the fire TV box, a bit puzzled why do you want to stream to that unless of course it's connected to different TV than the HDR-FOX-T2. You can sideload apps onto a fire TV box. Mine runs Kodi. As it connects to same TV never tried using Kodi to play back content on HDR-FOX-T2 using UpnP. No reason to suppose it wouldn't work though.

HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Fire TV - Official Kodi Wiki

Best solution though is a second HDR-FOX-T2 on a different TV. As they can replay each others recordings you have a 4 tuner pvr :)

Last edited:
I have the fire TV box, a bit puzzled why do you want to stream to that unless of course it's connected to different TV than the HDR-FOX-T2. You can sideload apps onto a fire TV box. Mine runs Kodi. As it connects to same TV never tried using Kodi to play back content on HDR-FOX-T2. No reason to suppose it wouldn't work though.

HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Fire TV - Official Kodi Wiki

Best solution though is a second HDR-FOX-T2 on a different TV. As they can replay each others recordings you have a 4 tuner pvr :)
Cheers Graham, I have the Humax in my lounge and the Fire TVs are in both son and daughters room. They wish to watch the recordings done for them. I have tried Kodi with no luck. I did playback files on the old Rpi model 1 they had years ago except for the HD channels.
The Fire Tv is convenient so still hoping for something.

Carl

Out of interest just added a HDR-FOX-T2 to my Video in Kodi on my Galaxy Tab s2. Replay works just fine. This should work with Kodi on a Fire TV Box. Also works on my Galaxy Tab S2.

Cheers Graham, I have the Humax in my lounge and the Fire TVs are in both son and daughters room. They wish to watch the recordings done for them. I have tried Kodi with no luck. I did playback files on the old Rpi model 1 they had years ago except for the HD channels.
The Fire Tv is convenient so still hoping for something.

Carl

Turn on your HDR-FOX-T2. Boot up Kodi on a Fire TV box. Click on Movies. Click On Add videos. Click on Browse. Click on UPnp devices. Click on HDR-FOX-T2 Media server, Click on My Contents and then My Video. Click on OK and then add and OK You should now have HDR-FOX-T2 Media Server and all your recordings usable.

Last edited:
Out of interest just added a HDR-FOX-T2 to my Video in Kodi on my Galaxy Tab s2. Replay works just fine. This should work with Kodi on a Fire TV Box. Also works on my Galaxy Tab S2.
I tried this morning on my Nvidia Sheild tv and it didn’t work, but I am using 16.1 Jarvis. I will try 17.1 or whatever the latest is on the Fire TV with Kodi and hopefully all works.

Thanks
Carl

Missed a couple of steps, it works on my phone as well.

What Kodi are you using?

Hang on I will have a look, should be latest as Android auto updates. It's V 17.6. You might have to turn on UPnp services in settings.

Just updating Kodi and will let you know :smashin:

I can't believe I didn't think of Kodi in the first place :(

Probably down to being 73 :)

Unfortunately nothing playing.

Kodi on 17.5. I will ke trying

You aren't trying to play encrypted recordings by any chance. I take it you can see the server when you click on Movies (You used the Add option) ?

A quick extra question or two
My Humax reboots once every time it is turned on in the morning. It does it after a few minutes on. Also I get sound drop outs occasionally.

Any ideas?

Carl

Graham will that affect me streaming to my Kodi amazon tv boxes.?

Yes but it's just a temporary turn off to confirm if that is the source of the rebooting issue.

If your android box is off and the reboot problem is there it's not that device,

What dlna client do you use on your android box ? If that's the issue there are others.

It's a bit of a trial and error solution, first thing to check is that it is network share related.

Do you have ‘deep colour’ enabled on the hdmi connection?

I found humax lost the audio when it was enabled between LG tv and Yamaha amp

Actually stunned that this was the issue.

All fixed with audio from hdmi now.

Thanks for all the help.

Carl

Hi both, and all. I have just replaced my television and find the exact same problem myself. Can you point me to wherever I can find the 'deep colour' setting to try?

To add confusion, I have 2 Foxes. Both are connected to the (Panasonic) TV with the same HDMI switch. Initially, box 1 was silent but box 2 - and a Sky box, also connected to the switch - had audio. After power cycling, the TV, box 1 and the switch, now both boxes are silent! Sky box is still fine.

Hi both, and all. I have just replaced my television and find the exact same problem myself. Can you point me to wherever I can find the 'deep colour' setting to try?

To add confusion, I have 2 Foxes. Both are connected to the (Panasonic) TV with the same HDMI switch. Initially, box 1 was silent but box 2 - and a Sky box, also connected to the switch - had audio. After power cycling, the TV, box 1 and the switch, now both boxes are silent! Sky box is still fine.
Hopefully Graham comes along. I am not sure where the setting is on your Panasonic tv. It maybe a handshake issue or the hdmi switch

Carl

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom