Humax HDR Fox T2

webbonline

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all had my HDR Fox T2 for some time now, always worked solidly, just recently tho on startup it will hang saying "start system" this can be resolved by either turning on off or unplugging/inserting HDMI cable, also this evening i was recording two programs at the same time, and the box wouldn't let me, change channels while recording ? i could change channel with up and down button but lots of channels missing ? not done that before? .......... does this sound like a hard drive problem or software or something on the main board anyone had any similar issues ?

also if all else fails what would be a good upgrade option?, i've read that subsequent Humax boxes where dumbed down from the Fox T2 any help suggestions welcome

remote control suddenly stop working now ?, learning how to use the tv's freeview but no pausing live tv need to upgrade

Hi all had my HDR Fox T2 for some time now, always worked solidly, just recently tho on startup it will hang saying "start system" this can be resolved by either turning on off or unplugging/inserting HDMI cable, also this evening i was recording two programs at the same time, and the box wouldn't let me, change channels while recording ? i could change channel with up and down button but lots of channels missing ? not done that before? .......... does this sound like a hard drive problem or software or something on the main board anyone had any similar issues ?

also if all else fails what would be a good upgrade option?, i've read that subsequent Humax boxes where dumbed down from the Fox T2 any help suggestions welcome

Guessing you were recording two programmes from one mux (uses only one tuner) and a third from a different mux. Under these circumstances you can only watch other programmes on the two mux that are being recorded from. As you have found out the programme up/down buttons cycle through the available channels.

It's not a fault at all, it's the limitations of having only two tuners. The FVP-5000T which has 3 tuners can record up to 4 at the same time but again this depends on which MUX are being used.

The Humax tuners can demux two channels at the same time from the same Mux. So this actually uses only one tuner. The other tuner can be used to view and time shift all other channels during the two recordings.

You should install the Custom firmware and run the Fixdisk option (Found on Hummy.TV) and run the Hard Disk Check and Fix option. You probably have some dodgy sectors on the hard disk.

remote control suddenly stop working now ?, learning how to use the tv's freeview but no pausing live tv need to upgrade

Take out the batteries and hold down some of the buttons to discharge any stored energy. Replace with fresh batteries. Check the remote hasn't changed mode. Humax remotes have 4 modes allowing you to control up to 4 boxes in the same room, by allocating a different mode to each one.

Don't know where to post this, so here goes. It's not about devices, it's about the ***** forced retune.
Friend has a Humax 4000 and lives just three miles from me. I get signals from Winter Hill, and in the recent forced retune, I retuned my Humax HDR Fox-T2 and all worked OK. Friend has just returned from holiday and been faced with 'you have to retune' messages. He is supposed to get signals from Winter Hill, too. After retune, he has no BBC1/BBC2, instead getting a message 'No signal or signal too weak'. BBC1 NorthWest is, however, present on 751. When he switches to this, same message 'no signal or signal too weak. It seems it is now retuned to BBC Wales.
I told him to delete all 700 and 800 channels, to no avail.
What's going on, please, and how can he get back to where he was?
Undecided
(I wouldn't mind - but the retune seems to be only to introduce new c**p channels!)

This has happened to my Humax. I unplugged HDMI cable last night and it seemed to have worked, but this morning I’m back to same issue and removing cable now doesn’t work? Any more suggestion work be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom