Hz range

Ashy9

Established Member
Reaction score
Will the hz range of panasonic TVs fit the htb900 sound bar and how much better are they than the gz 950 if any one can help would be appreciated

Debatable the HZ are any better than the GZ especially the entry level HZ980/1000 so IF you can still find a GZ and save at least £400 personally I would go that route.

The HZ have already started to drop in price so the savings may not be enough over the GZ in which case get a HZ.

And there was me scratching my head last night trying to work out what OP was asking in relation to sound and frequency (Hz) compatibility.....

Debatable the HZ are any better than the GZ especially the entry level HZ980/1000 so IF you can still find a GZ and save at least £400 personally I would go that route.

The HZ have already started to drop in price so the savings may not be enough over the GZ in which case get a HZ.
Hi thanks for the reply I was wondering more about the stand on the hz models now being round I know the gz 1000 and 950 suit my htb900 soundbar but haven't seen the hz yet thanks for your time

The HZ stand looks flat just like the GZ stand, so I doubt there's much difference with respect to your soundbar. I expect you'd have to support the soundbar at each end with rubber pads or feet to stop it moving about with either model.

The issue you'll have is whether the soundbar obstructs the bottom of the screen or blocks the IR sensor.

Thanks that's a good point I think I'm going for the gz950 cheers

Thanks that's a good point I think I'm going for the gz950 cheers

Most retailers have sold out of the GZ OLEDs now, so you might struggle. Crampton and Moore still have the 65" by the looks of it, but places like John Lewis and Richer Sounds have sold out of both sizes.

Do make sure the height of your soundbar won't be an issue. I could bounce the IR signal from the remote off the walls with previous Panasonic TVs, but the GZ950 remote needs pointing directly at the IR receiver so it'll need to be completely unobstructed I would imagine.

Clearance from the underside of the GZ950 65" to the base is only 2-1/2" so pretty tight for a soundbar.

Clearance from the underside of the GZ950 65" to the base is only 2-1/2" so pretty tight for a soundbar.
Hi thanks for the update everyone has sold out of the gz models so spoke to ritcher sounds with there advice I've ordered the hz1000 55 inch can't wait to receive it but thanks for all your help

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom