HZ2000 dual Freeview tuners.

steftymo

Established Member
Reaction score
I see that this TV has dual tuners for Freeview but according to the specs. only one is an HD tuner. Does this make any difference when recording ? In other words will it always record in HD unless 2 programmes are being recorded at the same time?
Also I have a WD My Passport 500gb drive USB 3. Will I be able to use this to record/pause live TV etc?
Sorry for the newb questions...

I very much doubt that the two tuners are different spec. That would make no sense, and would remove their Freeview compliance. The details on the Panasonic website are often incorrect. If in doubt, contact Panasonic. As for the external HDD, it should work fine. I use a bus-powered Samsung 1TB USB3 bus powered external HDD on my Panasonic TV and it works a treat. I can’t see the HZ2000 being any different.

I see that this TV has dual tuners for Freeview but according to the specs. only one is an HD tuner. Does this make any difference when recording ? In other words will it always record in HD unless 2 programmes are being recorded at the same time?

Are you thinking that's the case due to the 'DVB-T/T2/DVB-S2' entry in the spec chart on the Panasonic site or have you seen twin Freeview tuners mentioned specifically elsewhere ?

Freeview HD tuners are normally listed in TV specs as 'DVB-T/T2' because they pick up both HD (DVB-T2) and SD (DVB-T) channels, so 'DVB-T/T2/DVB-S2' just means it has a Freeview HD and a satellite tuner.

In fact, the recent Pansonic OLEDs actually have twin satellite tuners which may be what the 'Twin Tuner' listing in the specs refers to. Just bear in mind that the HZ OLEDs don't officially support Freesat and there is therefore no EPG which means you can't set record timers, so this twin satellite tuner feature is pointless... at least for HDD recording purposes.

I'm not aware of their recent OLEDs having twin Freeview tuners but I don't tend to bother with direct HDD recording so this doesn't really affect me. You could try asking in one of the Owner's threads for confirmation ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom