I’ve taken the plunge Panasonic 60ZT65

Yes it does have speakers and is where it falls short compared to more modern TVs. They are ok but that’s as much as I can say about them will suffice for daily TV but lacking for films.

The TV’s I had been looking at were the AG9 which has great sound and the GZ2000 with the built in 140W sound bar.

That sounds like it would do me. I'm looking to replace my a 50 inch Kuro with something bigger and I can't go for a 60" Kuro as the weight with it's optional soundbar is too much. I don't want to have to switch on the full av set up just to watch the news etc but by the sounds of it, the built in speakers on the ZT might do the job. I'm kicking myself for not buying the one that was recently in the classifieds now!

I decided to get a film in this afternoon to welcome the tv to the house 😆 and I must say the sound was surprisingly ok. It did need turning up quite a bit but performed better than expected. I think a ZT would suit you well.

Installation complete for now.

E5BA130D-3089-4410-8FCF-748F17455580.jpeg

I’ve had my ZT from the week it was released.It must be well over 16,000 -18,000 hours now and it’s still beautiful and going strong.I only watch movies ,Netflix and box sets from the Oppo 103. my only complaints are the heat it generates,the weight it’s 100lb+ with the stand and the noise from the fans , Panasonic could have fixed it tho, my fan noise wasn’t as bad as other owners.I still would like the Panasonic HZ2000 lol .i love it but I probably won’t replace it until it’s unfixable .I want the Panasonic HZ2000 ...did I already say that ...

Yes it does have speakers and is where it falls short compared to more modern TVs. They are ok but that’s as much as I can say about them will suffice for daily TV but lacking for films.

The TV’s I had been looking at were the AG9 which has great sound and the GZ2000 with the built in 140W sound bar.
What tv bracket are you using to keep it up? The thing weighs a tonne , I’ve always been scared to wall mount.

What tv bracket are you using to keep it up? The thing weighs a tonne , I’ve always been scared to wall mount.

I used a Sanus tv wall mount vmpl50a. I originally had my 64 Samsung Plasma mounted on it and that was heavier than the Panasonic. Its a tilt mount as my TV is fitted slightly higher than normal. I could hang another 50kgs on top of the TV weight and it still be fine. Really well made quality mounts.

This one does sit a little off the wall due to the tilt function with with the heat of the plasma pa I like to keep a bigger air gap behind for ventilation.

C60A4812-F1BE-465D-B373-F42DD63996B1.jpeg

I used a Sanus tv wall mount vmpl50a. I originally had my 64 Samsung Plasma mounted on it and that was heavier than the Panasonic. Its a tilt mount as my TV is fitted slightly higher than normal. I could hang another 50kgs on top of the TV weight and it still be fine. Really well made quality mounts.

This one does sit a little off the wall due to the tilt function with with the heat of the plasma pa I like to keep a bigger air gap behind for ventilation.

View attachment 1264995
That’s great thanks for that , I will seriously think about wall mounting it now.

I have the model below, a 65” VT60. It still has an excellent picture and agree it is more of a realistic image than the OLEDs I’ve seen. Panasonic’s panels are rated for 100,000 hours. I have no issues with my set except some of the remote’s buttons no longer work.

Installation complete for now.

View attachment 1257205
Looks great... nice looking room.. (I'm a decorator by trade) lol... nearly bought a zt yrs ago but owned 2 kuros at the time.. one of them is gone and the Panasonic oled is in its place... I think as an all round zt, vt , kuros are great but movies I prefer the OLED.. menu is like the plasma and picture too.. I think 600quid is still a good price was 3500 when I saw it for sale... sold my krp600 for 520 yr half ago.. congrats on the great TV..

That sounds like it would do me. I'm looking to replace my a 50 inch Kuro with something bigger and I can't go for a 60" Kuro as the weight with it's optional soundbar is too much. I don't want to have to switch on the full av set up just to watch the news etc but by the sounds of it, the built in speakers on the ZT might do the job. I'm kicking myself for not buying the one that was recently in the classifieds now!

Zt probably better if you do go for it.. my old krp600 although great impact size wise wasnt as black as my krp500.. so colours didnt pop as much... only had 9000hrs on it though. Go blacker after tweaking it with more hrs but once I noticed the bars not as black etc..I couldn't unsee it..
Which forced my hand to OLED...
Wish could have kept either krp for back room but already have one in family room and mrs said didnt want back room dominated by another pioneer so had to go..

Zt probably better if you do go for it.. my old krp600 although great impact size wise wasnt as black as my krp500.. so colours didnt pop as much... only had 9000hrs on it though. Go blacker after tweaking it with more hrs but once I noticed the bars not as black etc..I couldn't unsee it..
Which forced my hand to OLED...
Wish could have kept either krp for back room but already have one in family room and mrs said didnt want back room dominated by another pioneer so had to go..

Yeah I'm set on a 60" ZT but finding one when I don't even have a car isn't going to be easy.

Looks great... nice looking room.. (I'm a decorator by trade) lol... nearly bought a zt yrs ago but owned 2 kuros at the time.. one of them is gone and the Panasonic oled is in its place... I think as an all round zt, vt , kuros are great but movies I prefer the OLED.. menu is like the plasma and picture too.. I think 600quid is still a good price was 3500 when I saw it for sale... sold my krp600 for 520 yr half ago.. congrats on the great TV..

thanks, I’m about to paint it black. Going for a statement room. And have to have new cables out in the wall so a chance for a repaint.

love the ZT. Watch a few OLEDs since and I’d still choose the ZT.

thanks, I’m about to paint it black. Going for a statement room. And have to have new cables out in the wall so a chance for a repaint.

love the ZT. Watch a few OLEDs since and I’d still choose the ZT.

Sounds cool.. my front room is white but with units either side in dark blue .. yet to do the back room.. a decorators work is never done... zt is a great TV... each to their own at the end of the day... tbh I didnt think I'd like the OLED until I got the remote and they left me in the demo room to play around with it.. once ifc soap opera effect was off the Panasonic had / has a plasma look to the picture ...but with added 4khdr is the real game changer for me it's ideal and great just a movie machine full HD and 4khdr discs... but if its day to day TV and full HD I wouldnt have it... and would have kept the krp600 or be on the hunt for a zt60 myself..

Attachments

• 20200311_013939.jpg
    20200311_013939.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 57
I've got to plasmas. One Pioneer 6020, which I love, and an old 42 inch 720p Samsung which is alright (surprisingly good in a very dark room) but not in the same league as the Kuro. Both have completely spoiled me for LEDs, which I can't stand to watch.

I'm thinking I'll keep the 6020 as long as it lasts but will pick up a 55 inch CX on Black Friday to replace the old Samsung. Or rather the Samsung will get demoted to the guest room, which currently has an LED set. Were I to come across a reasonably priced 50 inch Kuro, VT or ZT before Black Friday, I'd have to consider it. At this point, "reasonably priced" to me means around $100. Anything more is too much for such an old set.

I've got to plasmas. One Pioneer 6020, which I love, and an old 42 inch 720p Samsung which is alright (surprisingly good in a very dark room) but not in the same league as the Kuro. Both have completely spoiled me for LEDs, which I can't stand to watch.

I'm thinking I'll keep the 6020 as long as it lasts but will pick up a 55 inch CX on Black Friday to replace the old Samsung. Or rather the Samsung will get demoted to the guest room, which currently has an LED set. Were I to come across a reasonably priced 50 inch Kuro, VT or ZT before Black Friday, I'd have to consider it. At this point, "reasonably priced" to me means around $100. Anything more is too much for such an old set.

Yes and no... maybe for a risk factor but they are well built.. and apart from an OLED for me Panasonic in particular or a majorly high end led I doubt anything else will beat the kuro or zt etc in pure picture quality... my front room 9g kuro is 12 yrs old this Sept.. doubt my ez952 will last as long.. if it does if I dont replace it it would be because I only use it for a few hrs a week for bluray discs

Yes and no... maybe for a risk factor but they are well built.. and apart from an OLED for me Panasonic in particular or a majorly high end led I doubt anything else will beat the kuro or zt etc in pure picture quality... my front room 9g kuro is 12 yrs old this Sept.. doubt my ez952 will last as long.. if it does if I dont replace it it would be because I only use it for a few hrs a week for bluray discs
A few plasma fans say the picture is better than modern OLEDs but none of the experts agree. I'm not an expert but when I go into a store and check out the OLEDs, they look amazing. But then perhaps it depends on what one is using them for. Personally, no way I'd spend hundreds on an old plasma when I can get a brand new OLED with a multi-year warranty for $1,000 or so. If someone else is willing to pay more, they can outbid me on a plasma. Didn't happen with the 6020 I recently picked up for $130. Didn't happen when I turned around and sold my P60ST60 for $150. But it seems there are a bunch of people sitting on old Kuros because they can't get what they think they should be worth (while the price descends toward zero).

A few plasma fans say the picture is better than modern OLEDs but none of the experts agree. I'm not an expert but when I go into a store and check out the OLEDs, they look amazing. But then perhaps it depends on what one is using them for. Personally, no way I'd spend hundreds on an old plasma when I can get a brand new OLED with a multi-year warranty for $1,000 or so. If someone else is willing to pay more, they can outbid me on a plasma. Didn't happen with the 6020 I recently picked up for $130. Didn't happen when I turned around and sold my P60ST60 for $150. But it seems there are a bunch of people sitting on old Kuros because they can't get what they think they should be worth (while the price descends toward zero).

I'm not an expert either but just judge with my eyes.. here in the UK people still pay a bit for an old krp500 ...
In my opinion.. looking at an OLED on a shop floor isn't really showing what its capable of..
They're all on vivid or dynamic and that damned soap opera effect...in stores it's too much effort/ or they just dont want you to have the remote and change the picture settings...
A store near me have a demo room so can do what you like... rightly so .. especially if spending hard earned money.. I love my kuros but for movies the Panasonic oled beats it whilst still having a plasma/ cinematic look and feel...so I have no regrets selling one.. I still have a bit of history as the other one is in the family room... side note..we also pay loads more for TVs than the USA... a 77inch c9 is about 4000 usd so I hear whilst for the same set UK is 6000.. so about 7700 usd..

I'm not an expert either but just judge with my eyes.. here in the UK people still pay a bit for an old krp500 ...
In my opinion.. looking at an OLED on a shop floor isn't really showing what its capable of..
They're all on vivid or dynamic and that damned soap opera effect...in stores it's too much effort/ or they just dont want you to have the remote and change the picture settings...
A store near me have a demo room so can do what you like... rightly so .. especially if spending hard earned money.. I love my kuros but for movies the Panasonic oled beats it whilst still having a plasma/ cinematic look and feel...so I have no regrets selling one.. I still have a bit of history as the other one is in the family room... side note..we also pay loads more for TVs than the USA... a 77inch c9 is about 4000 usd so I hear whilst for the same set UK is 6000.. so about 7700 usd..
Yes, we're lucky here on that score. The prices are lower. Not sure if it's the VAT tax or what. You guys more than make up for it with your great health care system, paid for in part with that VAT. If I start talking about what I pay for health insurance and health care, I'll be crying. Let me think about something else -- that new OLED coming my way.

Yes, we're lucky here on that score. The prices are lower. Not sure if it's the VAT tax or what. You guys more than make up for it with your great health care system, paid for in part with that VAT. If I start talking about what I pay for health insurance and health care, I'll be crying. Let me think about something else -- that new OLED coming my way.

True.. but it's all in our taxes on wages that pays for that tax and ni basically a separate tax... if its OLED shame you guys dont get the Panasonic...

True.. but it's all in our taxes on wages that pays for that tax and ni basically a separate tax... if its OLED shame you guys dont get the Panasonic...
I'd gladly pay higher taxes for national health insurance. And yes, that's another thing. We don't get the Panasonic. No fair! :0)

Anyone know why Panasonic pulled out of the U.S. market?
I can take a guess. Too much competition, not enough profit. Just as the Japanese manufacturers pushed the American ones into bankruptcy, the Koreans were doing the same to the Japanese. Now the Chinese are coming in. My guess is Panasonic is able to make more money in less competitive markets.

I can take a guess. Too much competition, not enough profit. Just as the Japanese manufacturers pushed the American ones into bankruptcy, the Koreans were doing the same to the Japanese. Now the Chinese are coming in. My guess is Panasonic is able to make more money in less competitive markets.

Think was same as the kuro... people were not willing to pay the higher prices for a superior display.. it was the start of the era of huge LCD displays for half the price of a plasma... didnt care about pic quality just size... most of them TVs were probably still in vivid or dynamic mode when they got them home... still that way to this day...
A mate of mine recently just got more into TVs and now understands spending a bit more keeps you happy... bought a gz950 and is over the moon with it.. even said a 428xd kuro he bought too for 100 quid.. 13 yrs old...is better than his last NEW led.. year old.. which he said was unwatchable with films and sports..
No surprise he got rid of it..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom