Question I can't get 5.1 from my PC to my Sony DVZ260

NickNaks

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm really hoping you can help me. I bought a sound card (link below) with optical out so I can play Steam games from my PC to TV and have 5.1 audio to my Sony 5.1 system. I've installed the sound card and I have optical out to my surround.

It doesn't however detect (from what I can see) in the sound card software that I have a 5.1 system. As pictured, it only gives me a 2.1 output option which works, but doesn't work with 5.1 (it doesn't even know I have a 5.1 system).

My 5.1 is set to ProLogic, with the little symbol on the OSD. My Blu Ray player outputs 5.1 fine with coaxial, as did my old 360 console.

So, I have it kind of working with 2.1, so I know the 5.1 is accepting some sort of audio input from the PC's sound card. But for the life of me I can't get it to do 5.1 with any of the tests!

What's odd though, is that I fired up GTAV on PC and the rear speakers kind of work, they output sound but I don't think it's 5.1.

• Doing a sound test using the Windows test outputs the rear audio in the front L and R speakers.

• I downloaded a TestMySurround-en.dbr.ac3 file to test, the rear L and R are silent, all other speakers work fine.

• No options to switch audio out are available in RealTek

• I've reinstalled both the sound card driver and RealTek driver (latest versions)

• Amazon reviews from the supplier confirm it should work with Windows 10

• I've changed the functions on the 5.1, no joy.
Sound card: CSL - 7.1 PCI sound card - 8-channel surround sound card + Toslink Optical Audio Out: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Sound card driver: CSL-Computer FTP service(windows 8)

Sony Surround Setup: Support for DAV-DZ260 | Sony

Images of sound card software and MS Sound options: Audio Problems

Realtek driver version: 6.0.1.7541

My setup:

Windows 10 GTX 970 16GB Ram Sound card installed in PCI slot Optical out to the optical in in the 5.1 system.

Really appreciate your time guys, I'm hoping I'm just being thick and not doing something right!

EDIT: Just tested a bunch of games and it's definatley not 5.1. Was playing Fallout 4 and when you rotate the player the NPC's sound goes from L, to center, to R speaker, but not to the rear ones.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom