Answered I passthough all of my stuff though HDMI on my TV But no Dolby Digital will allow the receiver to sw

DDI

Novice Member
Reaction score
My TV will Not passthough Dolby Digital Though HDMI to Coax And My Computer Says that the TV has no compressed formats and or allow the receiver to switch from Pro Logic ii to Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby Digital EX or Pro Logic and it is not my receiver because I put a DVD in it and it switches. Any one has an Idea.

You need tp specify the make and model of your TV and the AV receiver and also give more detail as to exactly what it is you are trying to do? Are you outputting a signal from your PC to the TV and then attempting to pass the audio through the TV and out to your AV receiver? If so then why not simply connect the PC directly to the AV receiver?

I can't pass HDMI to the Receiver because the receiver doesn't have HDMI. But I can get 3.5 mm to RCA cable plug the 3.5 mm in to the computer and then plug the two RCA ends in to the Receiver so Thanks
I want to pass the HDMI signal to the TV and pass coaxial to the receiver so when I can watch any thing that has Dolby Digital or Dolby Surround and then the receiver will switch to ether one for movies and TV shows and some games my streaming player is connected via optical and still won't switch but when I plug coaxial audio in to a DVD Recorder and play a movie it switchs when I pause it switchs back to Dolby Digital Pro logic ii and then when I play it switchs to Dolby Digital So it isn't the receiver.

It depends upon the TV. Many older TVs will not passthrough multichannel digital audio and mix Dolby Digital and DTS formatted multichannel formats to just 2 channel stereo if attempting to pass it through a TV. The only way to find out is to try it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom