Icecrypt T2200 Freeview HD Receiver

sheba789uk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi have had this Freeview box now for some time and everything was fine until I got a new tv which just has hmdi connectors on it, so plugged the hmdi cable and all I get is no signal on the tv and yes its on the correct channel. the tv aerial goes into the box and then into the tv this is working as the Freeview on the tv is working and when the aerial is taken out of the box it does not work. Any help here please as I am at a loss to get it working.

Do you actually need the box? Looking it up it appears to be redundant, everything it can do is built into new TVs.

Well don't really need the box but would be good to have it working.

With the TV switched to whatever HDMI input the box is plugged in to are you able to bring up the Freeview box's menu?

Does the box have a power/standby Led on the front and does it change from red to green (or whatever colour it's supposed to be) when switched on?

Yes it turns on boots up and shows which channel you are on but still gives a blank screen with no signal showing.

Was it connected via scart on your old TV and this is the first time you've used it with HDMI?
If so, reconnect it to your old TV temporarily and go into the box's menu and set the video output to HDMI instead of scart. You will lose the picture but that doesn't matter.
Disconnect it from the old TV then connect it to the new one and hopefully you'll now get a signal from it via HDMI.

Got it working changed the hdmi cable and changed which HDMI port on the back on the TV now works.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom