IFA 2013: Toshiba 9 Series of Ultra HD TVs on sale in UK next week - news discussion

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
From less than 3K

Toshiba’s flagship 9 Series Ultra HD television range goes on sale from next week in selected stores across the UK. The new range is available in 213cm (84”), 165cm (65”) and 146cm (58”) screen sizes and starts at a retail price of £2,999.

The 9 Series is equipped with Toshiba’s CEVO 4K multi-processor picture enginea nd features a super slim design in brushed aluminium and black finishes. There's access to the usual selection of online entertainment content available through Toshiba’s Cloud TV platform, including services such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport, YouTube,3K Deezer and Blinkbox.

attachment.php

Toshiba is one of the few to be touting the 3D capabilities of their 4K TVs and we presume that the 9 Series will have passive, rather than active, technology even if the blurb isn't entirely clear.

Typical purchase prices for the Toshiba 9 Series UHD are listed as follows:
  • 213cm (84”) – 84L9363DB – £13,999
  • 165cm (65”) – 65L9363DB – £5,499
  • 146cm (58”) – 58L9363DB – £2,999

Attachments

• Tosh 9.jpg
    Tosh 9.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 635
I guess the 65 is a bit pricey considering that the Samsung and Sony are already under 5K.

58" would be an ideal size for me!!

Be interesting to see how these cheaper 4K TV's compare with a reference plasma over the coming months. Also be interesting to see if Panasonic go with one more release cylcle on their plasma range .... personally I am still loathe to switch to an LCD TV no matter how many pixels and processing power they squeeze into them.

58" is an interesting size, never seen that before and a pretty good price too compared to the 55" Sony and Samsung @ £3299. Roll on the review, which will no doubt say it sucks lol :rolleyes:

I can get the 84L9363DB for £5,190.70 (bit of a random price, I know). Just need to find £500k to spend on a house big enough to install it though!

(BTW, the 65L9363DB is £2,616.20 and the 58L9363DB is £1,446.24)

Last edited:
Its from Toshiba directly (Toshiba Toreward corporate discount website)...

rabu.png

None in stock at the moment.

hi schempz i went to the website above but it wont detect my email address that i put into new visitor to access the website how did you do it need help asap please:lease:

You need to work for a company that Toshiba give access to the discounts to.

They arent really available at the discounted prices then if its not accessible to everyone.

Waiting for this years Sony 4K range to launch as they are supposedly selling one for under £2,000.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom