Ikea Besta advice please

if you were going to have it that close to the floor where the middle supports are going to touch the floor to support it then probably no need to wall mount it in the first place? If it’s going to be wall mounted it would need to obviously be secured to something strong behind the wall as the unit is pretty heavy in itself.

Cheers folks. It doesn't matter anymore as the wife now wants the combination of units so will be on the floor.

besta-tv-storage-combination-glass-doors-white-selsviken-high-gloss-white-clear-glass__0729470_PE736988_S5.JPG

Hi folks,

Me again. Whats the height in between the units? Would it accomadate a 65Q70R with stand?

Simple but effective Besta from Ikea. The amp is too long for the cabinet so the back is cut out to fit. I've put a black plinth under the cabinet to hide wires.

Attachments

• IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    993.8 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 861
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 819
Last edited:
Simple but effective Besta from Ikea. The amp is too long for the cabinet so the back is cut out to fit. I've put a black plinth under the cabinet to hide wires.
Nice looking set up. Indulge me. Bring your centre speaker forward so that it is sitting proud of the edge of the cabinet by around 25mm. I guarantee the clarity of the dialogue will improve.

Nice looking set up. Indulge me. Bring your centre speaker forward so that it is sitting proud of the edge of the cabinet by around 25mm. I guarantee the clarity of the dialogue will improve.
Never thought of that - I'll give it a go - thanks!

Never thought of that - I'll give it a go - thanks!
Let me know. I have a KEF R200C on my cabinet, as well as the left and right all sit proud of the edge.

Hi,

Anyone help me out with this? (The Besta query above and fitting a 65 inch tv).

Thanks

Hi,

Urgent question. I've ordered my Besta with the white gloss doors and sindvik. Have I made a huge mistake by not selecting glassvik? Due to arrive on Saturday and IKEA closing from 6pm tomorrow until further notice.

Hi, I have a 55 inch LG OLED C7. I plan to buy Ikea Best (cabinet height 40 cm) and Uppleva TV stand. I wonder what is the maximum distance to get between the bottom edge of the TV and the cabinet top. I would like to place a center speaker there (KEF R2C, which is 17.5 cm high).

A bit late, but the attached is what I have ordered. Total cost came to £295 and the Besta Code is 8364TR.

I won't be putting this together for another 4-6 weeks, but once it is assembled I will be putting some photos
Hi, just wondering how you got on with this? I am looking to order something similar.

Hi all currently have my besta cabinet set up, on the floor, currently holds my TV (uppleva stand) and denon avr on the right. I'm thinking of placing my emotive xpa-3 in the middle cupboard but wondering if it's too heavy for the besta unit.. The xpa-3 weighs in at around 28kg.

I had an XPA-3 (3 chan) in the Besta unit without issues but i did have ti pull it further away from the wall lol.
Am now downsizing so trying to find someone who wants the big besta unit.

Hi, I have a 55 inch LG OLED C7. I plan to buy Ikea Best (cabinet height 40 cm) and Uppleva TV stand. I wonder what is the maximum distance to get between the bottom edge of the TV and the cabinet top. I would like to place a center speaker there (KEF R2C, which is 17.5 cm high).
So you still need these measurements? I have an e7 so can measure that up.

I had an XPA-3 (3 chan) in the Besta unit without issues but i did have ti pull it further away from the wall lol.
Am now downsizing so trying to find someone who wants the big besta unit.
I'm assuming you removed the back of the besta unit. The gen 1 is 50cm long

I'm assuming you removed the back of the besta unit. The gen 1 is 50cm long
I never put the back up. Liked leaving it off for better ventilation.

Hi
Has anyone got one of these units?

BESTÅ
TV bench, white stained oak effect180x40x64 cm

if so could you tell me the width of the centre opening?
From going on their planner I think it is 56cm wide but wanted to check.

Hi
Has anyone got one of these units?

BESTÅ
TV bench, white stained oak effect180x40x64 cm

if so could you tell me the width of the centre opening?
From going on their planner I think it is 56cm wide but wanted to check.

Yes, you are correct, the centre opening is 56cm

Nice, thanks.

Ikea can deliver everything except the doors, and drawer front, and draw runners. Always something.

just fitted the uppleva on my besta cabinet.
currently hosting a Sony KD-43XD8305, but hoping to replace it with an LG CX 48" in the near future.

IMG_20200619_153544.jpg

Last edited:
So finally got some doors for my Besta unit, was waiting on oak coloured but they've been out of stock for months so went with black.
IMG_20200813_151149248.jpg

IMG_20200813_151245163 (1).jpg

@mole I think the black really works and looks beter than the oak would have especially with the speakers.

Hopeing to grab a besta in the next few weeks to replace my current cabinet (MDA Designs) that was not very good.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom